Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

10 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

I don’t think we have much to worry about at the moment FFP wise, we’re in a similar situation as last season as we’ve had as many outs as ins and probably reduced our wage bill a bit. If we sell Vyds  we’ll be in a great position finacially but I’m sure we are in a stable position now. Specutively we’ve lost high earner 

baird 

shackell 

bent

wierman  

rowett 

plus ince money and investment from 32Red probably more investment due to the industry they represent they would generally pay more to offset the reputational risk to the club. 

Also MM has rights for us to be able to stream games not shown on tv, fans will pay a fee for that increasing our revenue. 

We have only spent about £5/6?million but the wages for those players coming in without massive reputations and experience would be lower than what we’ve let go. I’d imagine we are in same position as last year, I’m sure we will have more outs before the end of the TW as agents look to make some money and players realise they won’t play. 

Look mate - I'm only gonna tell you once. There's absolutely no room for common sense on this forum. JUST STOP. Got it!?!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Look mate - I'm only gonna tell you once. There's absolutely no room for common sense on this forum. JUST STOP. Got it!?!

I’m sorry, I really don’t know what came over me there. I reckon Vydra would  make a great ball playing centre back....

12 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

I’m sorry, I really don’t know what came over me there. I reckon Vydra would  make a great ball playing centre back....

But he still wouldn’t be the German cb we have been crying out for. 

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Vydra won’t score a hatful in this system, as he has no role in this system.

He won’t be a regular, and when he does get on we’ll be playing in a way which hinders him rather than gets the best out of him.

And next summer, who would want to spend anywhere near £10m for a player who features sporadically, scored only a handful of goals, can only play well in one system, has two disappointing  PL stints on his record and has only 12 months left on his existing contract...

I know a few disagree with you on here .... I think you’re spot on ...if Vydra stays we won’t see much of him anyway and his value will drop but not by much imo and we’d prob get what we paid for him ....Vydra is like many of the players not in Franks plans ....well behind in terms of fitness and if Vydra was to turn it around he’d have to show it in training by working hard so it would be up to Vydra...but he doesn’t fit and Vydra along with Martin,Thorne,Hanson,Anya,Butterfield ,Jerome,Fozzy,Pearce,Blackman and Olson when he’s fit are unlikely to feature in the 16 /18 man squad on matchdays based on what I’ve seen so far in pre season  so we need to offload them but....is easier said than done ...we are struggling to get rid of our golden boot winner !! Our wage bill  must be sky high 

4 minutes ago, Saity said:

I know a few disagree with you on here .... I think you’re spot on ...if Vydra stays we won’t see much of him anyway and his value will drop but not by much imo and we’d prob get what we paid for him ....Vydra is like many of the players not in Franks plans ....well behind in terms of fitness and if Vydra was to turn it around he’d have to show it in training by working hard so it would be up to Vydra...but he doesn’t fit and Vydra along with Martin,Thorne,Hanson,Anya,Butterfield ,Jerome,Fozzy,Pearce,Blackman and Olson when he’s fit are unlikely to feature in the 16 /18 man squad on matchdays based on what I’ve seen so far in pre season  so we need to offload them but....is easier said than done ...we are struggling to get rid of our golden boot winner !! Our wage bill  must be sky high 

I would love it, LOVE IT if we could shift that lot! Jeez what a waste of money

Just on the - we’ve saved money on the 6 players out argument (Weimann, Vernam, Baird, Shackell, Bent, Winnall wages) and on the Rowett compensation - can I also point on we’ve taken back on 13 more wages from May -

That includes our post Jan loan army - Martin, Bryson, Butterfield, Guy, Elsnik, Gordon, Zanzala, Mcdonald etc as well as wages and/or transfer fee of Mount, Wilson, Flojo, Evans, Marriot. 

To break even or be ahead on both wages/transfer costs compared to the second half of last season we’d probably need 3 of Martin, Vydra, Thorne, Forsyth, Jerome or Butterfield to go this week. 

1 minute ago, singaporeram said:

Just on the - we’ve saved money on the 6 players out argument (Weimann, Vernam, Baird, Shackell, Bent, Winnall wages) and on the Rowett compensation - can I also point on we’ve taken back on 13 more wages from May -

That includes our post Jan loan army - Martin, Bryson, Butterfield, Guy, Elsnik, Gordon, Zanzala, Mcdonald etc as well as wages and/or transfer fee of Mount, Wilson, Flojo, Evans, Marriot. 

To break even or be ahead on both wages/transfer costs compared to the second half of last season we’d probably need 3 of Martin, Vydra, Thorne, Forsyth, Jerome or Butterfield to go this week. 

Here’s hoping.

You know what, all I hear is speculation . how much he is on and so on and so on, all I care is about is Derby playing great football and winning matches, starting with Reading on Friday night, lets us supporters who will be there, drive our team onto a winning start, you heard it hear first, we are GOING UP. Once A Ram Always A Ram.

Okay so I'm wide awake when I should be asleep. So I thought I'd make a little graph to bring together the circular debate of the past 239 pages. Feel free to place yourself within categories A, B, C or D. It'd probably save us another 2400 replies...

Screenshot_20180801-015633.thumb.jpg.b30dae60e68fddffe9f96fc40caf631a.jpg

PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, singaporeram said:

No not true. We had a windfall on ince and sold weimann ... So the transfer fees on new players are more than balanced by transfer fees on players who have gone, plus the Rowett compo.

as for wages, can't compare wages of weimann bent and shackell to zanzala and co. We've also saved money on Palmer's wages. We don't need to shift anyone next week... If it's just about wages we can loan players out after next week and cancel contracts anytime .

5 hours ago, singaporeram said:

To break even or be ahead on both wages/transfer costs compared to the second half of last season we’d probably need 3 of Anya, Blackman, Johnson, Pearce, Huddlestone, Hanson, Martin, Vydra, Thorne, Forsyth, Jerome or Butterfield to go this week. 

Ftfy

59 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

No not true. We had a windfall on ince and sold weimann ... So the transfer fees on new players are more than balanced by transfer fees on players who have gone, plus the Rowett compo.

as for wages, can't compare wages of weimann bent and shackell to zanzala and co. We've also saved money on Palmer's wages. We don't need to shift anyone next week... If it's just about wages we can loan players out after next week and cancel contracts anytime .

Without knowing the loan fees for mount and wilson we can't be certain, but i suspect you're right that sales + windfalls are greater than or equal to the cost of incoming transfers in year 1 of the contracts.

We've had 5  go off the wage bill (shackell, bent, baird, vernam, weimann), and 5 come in (mount, wilson, jozefzoon, evans, marriott). Maybe that all balances out. 

If Swiss Ramble's assessment is right......

https://mobile.twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1013693002911543296

I estimate a £4m shortfall, so club would need to cut wages or sell players to meet target.

Then we are still facing the need to sell. Especially if we are going to buy waghorn (and possibly bayliss)

i can imagine huddlestone and vydra (and maybe even Johnson) all going to stoke.

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Without knowing the loan fees for mount and wilson we can't be certain, but i suspect you're right that sales + windfalls are greater than or equal to the cost of incoming transfers in year 1 of the contracts.

We've had 5  go off the wage bill (shackell, bent, baird, vernam, weimann), and 5 come in (mount, wilson, jozefzoon, evans, marriott). Maybe that all balances out. 

If Swiss Ramble's assessment is right......

https://mobile.twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1013693002911543296

Then we are still facing the need to sell. Especially if we are going to buy waghorn (and possibly bayliss)

i can imagine huddlestone and vydra (and maybe even Johnson) all going to stoke.

The Snakester was on SSN boring everyone rigid with his flattened intonation. 

But he did say he wanted to bring a couple more in and when asked in what position stated he only had 4 defenders. 

Maybe we could flog him....Fozzie, peace , even any (although he isn't 6ft plus)

50 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

The Snakester was on SSN boring everyone rigid with his flattened intonation. 

But he did say he wanted to bring a couple more in and when asked in what position stated he only had 4 defenders. 

Maybe we could flog him....Fozzie, peace , even any (although he isn't 6ft plus)

I count 6... Bauer, Edwards, Pieters, Tymon, Shawcross and Martins-Indi. 

Youngsters don’t exist for ‘The Snakester’ so I suppose you could get to his 4 that way ?‍♂️

8 hours ago, Derby blood said:

You know what, all I hear is speculation . how much he is on and so on and so on, all I care is about is Derby playing great football and winning matches, starting with Reading on Friday night, lets us supporters who will be there, drive our team onto a winning start, you heard it hear first, we are GOING UP. Once A Ram Always A Ram.

Trouble is DB that us oldies remember being banned from Europe (Fairs Cup) as a result of off the field matters.  some of us don't trust the powers to be even handed when it comes down to our success.  We are no QPR or AV when FFP punishment happens from past experience hence the worried speculation

Butland

bauer.    Shawcross.   Martins indi.   Pieters

.                Huddlestone.    Etebo

ince.                  Vydra.              Mcclean

.                         Afobe 

4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Butland

bauer.    Shawcross.   Martins indi.   Pieters

.                Huddlestone.    Etebo

ince.                  Vydra.              Mcclean

.                         Afobe 

Yeahh... bet they fended off interest in joe Allen from the prem,get him to sign a new deal, to not even get in the team ?

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I count 6... Bauer, Edwards, Pieters, Tymon, Shawcross and Martins-Indi. 

Youngsters don’t exist for ‘The Snakester’ so I suppose you could get to his 4 that way ?‍♂️

....and Souttar and Cameron.

3 minutes ago, Dcfcrams89 said:

Yeahh... bet they fended off interest in joe Allen from the prem,get him to sign a new deal, to not even get in the team ?

Is he 6 foot 2?

Archived