Well done Derby

I just want to get this in before tonight's game.

I thought we had ballsed it up during our horrific slump but boy have we turned it around. I was so wrong.

Victories over Cardiff, Fulham and Barnsley, plus a draw away to Villa.

Wherever you watch the game tonight enjoy it, as not many of us expected to be here after Burton away just a few weeks ago.

Regardless of what happens tonight, Derby County have surpassed my expectations this season.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said to my dad that anything other than a capitulation tonight would see us end the season with head held high. 

No one gave us a sniff against Fulham before Friday and they still aren't now. We did better than I'd hoped in the first leg and I'm just hoping we have enough to creep over the line before we have two weeks to get the old boys' fresh again. 

Well said @MackworthRamIsGod 

I said to my cousin a few weeks back, I don't think we're ready for prem yet and I can't handle another wembley near miss so i'd take a respectable bow out in the semi's so a 1-0 defeat and out in extra time i'd consider not bad going in the bigger picture, saying that I'd bloody love to go all the way now!

Glaad I've seen this thread. Agree with the sentiments.

You just know if we don't progress through tonight, for whatever reason, there will be "bottlers again" threads on here.

Its certainly been another roller-coaster season for us....!

Sat at work (just delivered my excuse that I have to leave at 2 for a doctors appointment) trying to wrap everything up as early as possible so I can go and watch the game alone in the living room.... hopefully I can recreate the Brighton Semi Final home leg, I was sat alone in the living room watching it and ended up stood on the coffee table jumping up and down singing "She wore a yellow ribbon"......fingers crossed I am doing that again at around 4:30 this afternoon.....

Well I had us down for 11th, but with an assumption of playing football con brio, with a young and generally developing squad.

I was astonished and delighted when we reached - and held on to (for a while) - 2nd.

I was ultimately pleased and relieved that we held on to 6th.

And I've been generally not that enthusiastic about our style, but even then can appreciate the doughty doggedness with which we approached the 1st leg.

On balance we have progressed far more than I thought we would but at the risk of having less to look forward to (if we now don't gain promotion).

All to play for lads - good fortune to all travelling rams this evening. Perhaps you could all pop round and wet Angry's patio for him - bring out the black limestone lavverly!

Whatever will be will be, I don’t buy this we’re not ready for the Premier League though. You have a summer transfer window to add the quality needed to stay up, we wouldn’t be going into the first game with our current starting 11.

If we lose, we dust ourselves down and go again.

A defeat tonight would hurt no less than one at Wembley as the dream would be over, but that’s football, the rollercoaster ride we jump on each August takes you on some real highs and lows.

Whilst we’re up there challenging and competing at the right end of the table, it’s only a matter of time before it’s us. 

Still going into tonight fairly confident that this is our time, just a feeling. ??

3 minutes ago, David said:

Whatever will be will be, I don’t buy this we’re not ready for the Premier League though. You have a summer transfer window to add the quality needed to stay up, we wouldn’t be going into the first game with our current starting 11.

If we lose, we dust ourselves down and go again.

A defeat tonight would hurt no less than one at Wembley as the dream would be over, but that’s football, the rollercoaster ride we jump on each August takes you on some real highs and lows.

Whilst we’re up there challenging and competing at the right end of the table, it’s only a matter of time before it’s us. 

Still going into tonight fairly confident that this is our time, just a feeling. ??

To give Gary Rowett credit - if he does win through then I don’t see him wishing it were Burton on the pitch, faffing off on holiday for a few weeks then starting contract negotiations......BEFORE building your team! ?

Archived