Johnson and Huddlestone

Mafiabob

The thing about Huddlestone is that when he has the ball in a tight situation, he is always composed and finds a good pass. One of those players you trust in that situation.

Johnson was class through the reason of discipline. It’s extrently hard to consistently focus for 90 odd minutes on doing your job and keeping your shape. Especially when you’ve spent the vast majority of the game without the ball and completely knackered. 

The point for Johnson goes for the whole team. They all filled in for each other and were willing to cover when someone was caught out. For example, Jerome filled Lawrence’s role a couple times during the game.

It was a colossal effort and another one is needed again on Monday night. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Alpha said:

I'm not sure what Johnson did that was immense mate. I don't remember any tackles. His passing was what I'd expect from anyone else but way better than what he usually produces. He kept shape pretty well and... I can't really say a lot else. 

By his standards i think he was excellent. But if Huddlestone/Ledley put in that performance it would just be alright. 

Huddlestone's passing is way above this level though. If he had legs I wonder who he'd be playing for? His passing opens the pitch up for us. Not even just the Hollywood passes but the clever little moves under pressure. 

Yeah we get it, you don't rate johnson. Almost on par with a certain poster and Gary, or another and Martin.

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

I'm not sure what Johnson did that was immense mate. I don't remember any tackles. His passing was what I'd expect from anyone else but way better than what he usually produces. He kept shape pretty well and... I can't really say a lot else. 

By his standards i think he was excellent. But if Huddlestone/Ledley put in that performance it would just be alright. 

Huddlestone's passing is way above this level though. If he had legs I wonder who he'd be playing for? His passing opens the pitch up for us. Not even just the Hollywood passes but the clever little moves under pressure. 

Think the lack of tackling was tactical across the whole team, we seemed to be intent on jockeying rather than actually going in and making tackles- wasn’t a tactic I was particularly convinced with to start with but it did seem to work as we didn’t over commit, so what do I know? Credit has to go to Johnson imo, his passing was more than just ordinary, some of the passes he sprayed out wide were almost Huddlestone esque in themselves! I’m not normally his biggest fan, but he was one of our top performers last night without a doubt.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Yeah we get it, you don't rate johnson. Almost on par with a certain poster and Gary, or another and Martin.

What you on about? It's a thread about Johnson and Huddlestone. 

2 hours ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

Johnson was class through the reason of discipline. It’s extrently hard to consistently focus for 90 odd minutes on doing your job and keeping your shape. Especially when you’ve spent the vast majority of the game without the ball and completely knackered. 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Think the lack of tackling was tactical across the whole team, we seemed to be intent on jockeying rather than actually going in and making tackles- wasn’t a tactic I was particularly convinced with to start with but it did seem to work as we didn’t over commit, so what do I know? Credit has to go to Johnson imo, his passing was more than just ordinary, some of the passes he sprayed out wide were almost Huddlestone esque in themselves! I’m not normally his biggest fan, but he was one of our top performers last night without a doubt.

Should have just let you guys explain the Brad thing - way better job than I did!

Huddlestone is top drawer, if he had a modicum of pace, he’d be in a top four side still and an England regular.

I’ve been Bradley’s biggest critic. For all his physicality he doesn’t use it often enough, too many games he has gone missing for derby. However in fairness to him, some of those games he’s actually been playing injured and not made a fuss which actually goes against him.

The Bradley Johnson we’ve seen since his return to the side deserves great credit, we need him at his very very best in the next two games! 

What I like about Johnson is that he has an impact on games, I'll admit not always positive but he makes things happen. At the moment he plays on the front foot, even when defending, and adds to the team.

Another player who is completely proving me wrong, well played Brad. At this rate, with Rowett, Johnson and Jerome all determined to prove me a hypocrite, just about anything I've posted on this forum is going to be wrong! However, this is only good for the team. I'm so glad that they're starting to perform to the standards they had set at other clubs.

They're hitting form at the right time, and if the away leg at Fulham is a step too far, so be it. I'm starting to see what Rowett is trying to do.

I can't emphasise enough though, how much I rate Curtis Davies. The best centre half in this league, and I don't think that's even up for debate.

On 12/05/2018 at 07:50, 86 points said:

I kind of get what you're saying but there is the small matter of 21 goals we can defend him with, no? As for his demeanour, Chris Martin and Tom Ince were the same and I'd like to think their frustration is a positive expectation more than anything, though I have myself moaned about this before now.

Yes I take your point with his goals I’d b be a fool not to agree with that. His demeanour is not the right phrase it’s his lack of effort without the ball, i watch him walking whilst his man runs past him, he’s not on his own either. Those goals should ensure a decent fee to help us rebuild

3 hours ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Yes I take your point with his goals I’d b be a fool not to agree with that. His demeanour is not the right phrase it’s his lack of effort without the ball, i watch him walking whilst his man runs past him, he’s not on his own either. Those goals should ensure a decent fee to help us rebuild

I wonder whether you are right about this now. Would have been unthinkable a few weeks back but I can see it happening now. A shake up over the summer window looks inevitable, that's for sure.

On 13/05/2018 at 01:33, Andicis said:

Another player who is completely proving me wrong, well played Brad. At this rate, with Rowett, Johnson and Jerome all determined to prove me a hypocrite, just about anything I've posted on this forum is going to be wrong! However, this is only good for the team. I'm so glad that they're starting to perform to the standards they had set at other clubs.

They're hitting form at the right time, and if the away leg at Fulham is a step too far, so be it. I'm starting to see what Rowett is trying to do.

I can't emphasise enough though, how much I rate Curtis Davies. The best centre half in this league, and I don't think that's even up for debate.

Just thought I'd bring this back up considering how much you've been slating Rowett and the team this evening.

Archived