Tortuous Hope

Gritty

I'd given up 2 months ago. I even accepted a friend's invitation to holiday with them in the Scottish Highlands, travelling up on 26 May. Even 3 weeks ago, I thought in the unlikely event we got something out of Cardiff, Villa, Boro etc and made the play-offs, we'd limp in and be despatched early on. All hope had gone. I bought train tickets for the 4 of us to Scotland (from London) travelling up on 26th.

So what did I find myself doing last night? Despite the small matter of two legs against the division's form team to contend with first, I found myself looking at flights from Heathrow (conveniently very near Wembley) to Scotland after the match, and checking out the cost of a taxi to take me 100 miles into the Highlands from Edinburgh airport so I can get to the family shortly before midnight...

Hope is tortuous....(and potentially expensive).

COYR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it’s hope and at the start of the season we would have took this all day long. 

Now every single one of us has a part to play on Friday, every one of us has the potential to help suck that ball into the Fulham goal, every one of us has the potential to put more energy into their legs, everyone is of us has the potential to keep that ball out of our net. Let’s get behind them, let’s make a wall of noise and let’s make our boys rise to the occasion. 

Come on you Rams !!!!. 

49 minutes ago, feisty said:

I'd given up 2 months ago. I even accepted a friend's invitation to holiday with them in the Scottish Highlands, travelling up on 26 May. Even 3 weeks ago, I thought in the unlikely event we got something out of Cardiff, Villa, Boro etc and made the play-offs, we'd limp in and be despatched early on. All hope had gone. I bought train tickets for the 4 of us to Scotland (from London) travelling up on 26th.

So what did I find myself doing last night? Despite the small matter of two legs against the division's form team to contend with first, I found myself looking at flights from Heathrow (conveniently very near Wembley) to Scotland after the match, and checking out the cost of a taxi to take me 100 miles into the Highlands from Edinburgh airport so I can get to the family shortly before midnight...

proper fan ............

21 minutes ago, DRBee said:

proper fan ............

If you mean the fact I lost hope means I'm not a 'proper fan', I guess you're right

I certainly don't make many games living in London.  If lack of attendance means I'm not a 'proper fan', then you're right.

Certainly, getting flights and trains for one match should we make it, doesn't make me a 'proper fan' either. 

But I don't reckon we need to grade fans by their level of commitment. It's not some kind of competition. 

9 hours ago, Shaftesbury st said:

But it’s hope and at the start of the season we would have took this all day long. 

Now every single one of us has a part to play on Friday, every one of us has the potential to help suck that ball into the Fulham goal, every one of us has the potential to put more energy into their legs, everyone is of us has the potential to keep that ball out of our net. Let’s get behind them, let’s make a wall of noise and let’s make our boys rise to the occasion. 

Come on you Rams !!!!. 

Is that you B4?

8 hours ago, feisty said:

If you mean the fact I lost hope means I'm not a 'proper fan', I guess you're right

I certainly don't make many games living in London.  If lack of attendance means I'm not a 'proper fan', then you're right.

Certainly, getting flights and trains for one match should we make it, doesn't make me a 'proper fan' either. 

But I don't reckon we need to grade fans by their level of commitment. It's not some kind of competition. 

My response was meant as a compliment by the way  ..... nothing else to be read into it.

On 07/05/2018 at 08:55, feisty said:

Love it, Lets hope you do have an expensive 26th of May and arrive in the Highlands with a great big smile on your face

Archived