Anyone remember blister packs of the BBG

FindernRam

Looking at the immaculate pitch today showing no wear after all the games and bad weather my mind went back to when the BBG pitch was dug up and you could buy a teaspoon of soil with about 3 blades of grass in a little plastic pack. Rumour had it at the time that there was so little grass left that a raid was mounted on the cricket club in the dead of night to meet demand! My bit went in my lawn which is probably why it has more moss than grass.

Anyway massive credit to the club for establishing such a brilliant pitch and the ground staff who kept it so well.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used some of the fine powder from the above package and mixed it up with a little bit of water, a little bit of sand and a lot of love, I was so exited that I ran to show Mrs Loweman2 and she was so angry that she threw the magic mixture clean out of the kitchen window and into the back garden.

I was pretty miffed I can tell you and told her her so, any how the next morning I looked out the window and couldn’t believe my eyes, the magic beans/ mix had only gone and grown into a perfectly scaled down recreation of the Baseball Ground pitch at its best.

1ED923B3-9F5C-4A58-A1E3-45AB38C4E968.jpeg

2 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

Had mine valued a couple of years ago, out of curiosity. Was told it had no value ?

I had mine valued some years ago and the guy told me it was priceless !

That’s probably what your dude meant !

Did I ever tell you about the time Mi Dad pinched the peno spot (the one that had to be remarked) at night to put in Jackie Stamps garden?  All over the news next day so he had to give it back. Mi Gran owned a cake shop on Midland Road so she iced it and he handed it back in a small ceremony at Matlock Town Hall.  The club representative forgot it and left it behind. 

I've got a couple of those cards with the plastic circle of earth. Nice idea.

I thought this was going to be about the chewing gum you could buy at the ground! Never saw it anywhere else. It came in a blister pack with six pieces I think, if my memory serves me right. On quite a few occasions during the eighties the chewing gum was the highlight of the day!

4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Good grief @loweman2 is there no end to your “brilliant” memorabilia? I’m so feckin’ jealous. What have you “not” got?

btw that is a fantastic cert of authenticity ?

Thanks @Ellafella, nice to see there are fellow fans out there who appreciate the stuff that I am amassing ?, I think that because we have been starved of success for so long it’s become very collectible, DCFC memorabilia is surprisingly expensive but once again it must be down to rarity and demand for it, one thing is for sure that my lad is going to have a hell of a collection.

mrs Loweman2 is still not getting it, my beloved collection of artefacts is constantly derided and called every name under the sun ! But I shall never surrender and keep on collecting.

been up to see Ronnie Webster today about signing some stuff and off to see Frank Wignall and Jim Walker next week.

its a good job I’m self employed !

keep the faith man and thanks for the support ?

9 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

Thanks @Ellafella, nice to see there are fellow fans out there who appreciate the stuff that I am amassing ?, I think that because we have been starved of success for so long it’s become very collectible, DCFC memorabilia is surprisingly expensive but once again it must be down to rarity and demand for it, one thing is for sure that my lad is going to have a hell of a collection.

mrs Loweman2 is still not getting it, my beloved collection of artefacts is constantly derided and called every name under the sun ! But I shall never surrender and keep on collecting.

been up to see Ronnie Webster today about signing some stuff and off to see Frank Wignall and Jim Walker next week.

its a good job I’m self employed !

keep the faith man and thanks for the support ?

I'm a huge fan of Ronnie Webster. Got speaking to him at Starbuck's once or twice...Roy MacFarland said he was the fittest footballer by a country mile in the entire Derby ranks; would train hard then go home and do 8 hours on the farm. Give him my best regards.

11 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Good grief @loweman2 is there no end to your “brilliant” memorabilia? I’m so feckin’ jealous. What have you “not” got?

btw that is a fantastic cert of authenticity ?

This isn’t bad either ! The 70s flag off the BBG Ley Stand !

3E9626EA-EDE1-4CEE-B54B-847D3AD30B9C.jpeg

52399F52-7BC8-4A72-912B-A8C7E44C551B.jpeg

5F54F197-372F-454D-BEFA-FBA336040240.jpeg

7EB3AD68-671C-4411-A57F-5733A042B37C.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

That’s just beautiful.

value? Its provenance is certified? How did you get it? 

I would pay handsomely for that. 

from the guy that used to go into the BBG doing the DIY stuff, painting doors etc, the groundsman used to give him loads of stuff !

12 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

from the guy that used to go into the BBG doing the DIY stuff, painting doors etc, the groundsman used to give him loads of stuff !

If you ever want to sell it, I will buy it without hesitation. 

On 06/05/2018 at 19:28, FrostedRam said:

Had mine valued a couple of years ago, out of curiosity. Was told it had no value ?

Just found this article from 1975, it says that the pieces of earth in the receptacle cost £10 back then, seems like the club were taking people for idiots back then !! 

I mean who buys all this old junk !!

56E1B64B-E00B-49E2-A147-02F43D8D473A.jpeg

Archived