Bradley Johnson

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His best game for us by a long way. Strong in the tackle, composed on the ball and he was picking apart the Barnsley defence time after time with perfectly weighted balls. I'm not sure where this Bradley Johnson has been but if there's any time to find form like that it's now. My MOM today, fair play to him.

He did a lot of things well but his passing was frustratingly inconsistent. There were multiple occasions where his loose passes lead to breakaways that better teams would've taken advantage of. 

Good assist for Jerome though.

E players like this most games but because of a few wayward passes he seems to get slated quite a bit. If Hudds or Thorne had played that pass to Jerome for the first goal everyone would be creaming there pants over it for weeks.

hey don't always come off but he IS very positive with what he tries to achieve. 

Im glad someone else appreciated his performance today.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Still hasn’t done enough to justify keeping him and I don’t see what he offers that a player like Hanson doesn’t offer.

100 times the player Hanson is.....

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Still hasn’t done enough to justify keeping him and I don’t see what he offers that a player like Hanson doesn’t offer.

Yeh I'm not convinced either, I'd like some more consistency, but I like that he's in form at the right time.

Just now, Bob The Badger said:

Yeh I'm not convinced either, I'd like some more consistency, but I like that he's in form at the right time.

He’s in decent form at the moment but there isn’t a lot between the two. What’s the point in having an academy if we don’t use it? Is Johnson really worth at least 20 k a week more than Hanson? Not for me

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

What can he do that Hanson can’t? 

What he’s just done today...... play it simple, go about his business accordingly today, knowing his limits..... which he I think struggled with..... and when on it, can control a midfield. Think he gets a lot of stick  from us lot and I’ve stuck my neck out for him on plenty of occasions this season. But he’s more than worthy of his place..... Hanson is miles away from being as good as him. BJ can dominate a midfield and take game or scrap by scruff of a neck at times, albeilt not as much as he should.

What can you see in Hanson that he deserves to be ahead of BJ?

Im struggling to see what Hanson adds other than youthfulness..... but that can only get you so far. 

6 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Agreed, the idea Hanson is comparable to Johnson is nonsense at the best of times, let alone when he's just put in a dominant, positive performance.

Just think he’s been the pantomime villain since day 1 here

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

He’s in decent form at the moment but there isn’t a lot between the two. What’s the point in having an academy if we don’t use it? Is Johnson really worth at least 20 k a week more than Hanson? Not for me

Maybe he’s not good enough..... yet

2 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

What he’s just done today...... play it simple, go about his business accordingly today, knowing his limits..... which he I think struggled with..... and when on it, can control a midfield. Think he gets a lot of stick  from us lot and I’ve stuck my neck out for him on plenty of occasions this season. But he’s more than worthy of his place..... Hanson is miles away from being as good as him. BJ can dominate a midfield and take game or scrap by scruff of a neck at times, albeilt not as much as he should.

What can you see in Hanson that he deserves to be ahead of BJ?

Im struggling to see what Hanson adds other than youthfulness..... but that can only get you so far. 

The lasts thing that Johnson can do is control a midfield. The likes of Huddlestone control the midfield. It’s no surprise that our record against the best teams in the league has been somewhat suspect when Johnson has played in a midfield 2. That’s why he has never made the step up to the premier league. 

Archived