Was Steve McClaren ultimately a failure at DCFC

Curtains

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

What? A list of player loaned from back when Nigel was in charge.

Some were good and some weren't 

If it had any relevance to anything I could list players bought by any manager ever and guess what... some would be good and some wouldn't.

It doesn't answer anything I asked or prove anything you claimed.

I’m just saying bad decisions all down the line line have put us in this perceived position of 6th in the table .

I actually think we are in a good place with Rowett.

Constant harping back about Hughes , Rush , and McClaren helps no one 

Syle of football etc etc 

We are where we are and McClaren is part of that legacy regarding FFP etc etc 

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

I’m just saying bad decisions all down the line line have put us in this perceived position of 6th in the table .

I actually think we are in a good place with Rowett.

Constant harping back about Hughes , Rush , and McClaren helps no one 

Syle of football etc etc 

We are where we are and McClaren is part of that legacy regarding FFP etc etc 

You made a thread about McClaren. What bad decisions from Mac has effected Rowett?

Good for you. I don't.

Stop doing it then. Its your thread. I'm a huge Mac at Derby fan... who brings him up first do you think? Me or you? Me or Ninos? Me or Jagerbob. 

Style of football is important to some people. I don't want to be bored on a Saturday watching Derby try not to lose when there are alternatives. You do. I don't tell you not to say you don't enjoy it but you're telling me not to criticise?

I'm not getting the violin out for poor Rowett and his FFP fight. He just signed 4 players with either promotions or PL experience who have no resale value and based on their recent contracts I'd imagine aren't exactly eating at food banks. If Huddlestone, Ledley, Davies and Jerome's agent haven't been able to secure them top end Championship pay then they should be fired.  

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You made a thread about McClaren. What bad decisions from Mac has effected Rowett?

Good for you. I don't.

Stop doing it then. Its your thread. I'm a huge Mac at Derby fan... who brings him up first do you think? Me or you? Me or Ninos? Me or Jagerbob. 

Style of football is important to some people. I don't want to be bored on a Saturday watching Derby try not to lose when there are alternatives. You do. I don't tell you not to say you don't enjoy it but you're telling me not to criticise?

I'm not getting the violin out for poor Rowett and his FFP fight. He just signed 4 players with either promotions or PL experience who have no resale value and based on their recent contracts I'd imagine aren't exactly eating at food banks. If Huddlestone, Ledley, Davies and Jerome's agent haven't been able to secure them top end Championship pay then they should be fired.  

You always come up with that old chestnut about who brings McClaren up first . It’s no secret you don’t like Rowetts style of football but you like McClarens therefore by association you are comparing even if unintentionally 

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

On this point, I'm just curious as to why you've started a thread on one of these then?

Because by association Rowett is compared to the past all the time  and intentionally by some particularly with football styles 

6 minutes ago, curtains said:

Because by association Rowett is compared to the past all the time  and intentionally by some particularly with football styles 

Just because some of us say we don't really like the style of play he has us playing, it doesn't mean we're comparing him to old managers and demand we go back to playing like they did. We just don't like the what we perceive to be a try not to lose style and so we say it. When I/we say we aren't particularly happy with the signings because quite a few are old and unlikely to grow in value, it doesn't mean we're comparing him to players signed by McClaren, Clement etc. We're just commenting our opinions on what Rowett is doing, just like you've been doing. Our opinions differ, but that's great, it'd be boring if everyone felt the same all the time. We all want Derby to win and improve, but some fans don't have much confidence in Rowett to continue to deliver that desire and some fans like you believe he can

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

You always come up with that old chestnut about who brings McClaren up first . It’s no secret you don’t like Rowetts style of football but you McClarens therefore by association you are comparing even if unintentionally 

I'm not comparing. I don't like Rowett's football because it's boring and negative. Nothing to do with anyone else. It bores me. If you makes you feel better I like watching Fulham. So maybe I'm comparing it to that. Or George Burley at Derby. Or Jim Smith at Derby. 

I can't make myself unaware of nice skillfull looking teams who may be a touch more vulnerable but are daring and enjoyable. 

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Just because some of us say we don't really like the style of play he has us playing, it doesn't mean we're comparing him to old managers and demand we go back to playing like they did. We just don't like the what we perceive to be a try not to lose style and so we say it. When I/we say we aren't particularly happy with the signings because quite a few are old and unlikely to grow in value, it doesn't mean we're comparing him to players signed by McClaren, Clement etc. We're just commenting our opinions on what Rowett is doing, just like you've been doing. Our opinions differ, but that's great, it'd be boring if everyone felt the same all the time. We all want Derby to win and improve, but some fans don't have much confidence in Rowett to continue to deliver that desire and some fans like you believe he can

But his signings fee wise are restricted because of past mistakes which are causing FFP issues right or wrong 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I'm not comparing. I don't like Rowett's football because it's boring and negative. Nothing to do with anyone else. It bores me. If you makes you feel better I like watching Fulham. So maybe I'm comparing it to that. Or George Burley at Derby. Or Jim Smith at Derby. 

I can't make myself unaware of nice skillfull looking teams who may be a touch more vulnerable but are daring and enjoyable. 

But we may smash Fulham.

We will see 

18 minutes ago, curtains said:

Difficult to compare him to the future really.

Archived