Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Anon said:

I wish it was socially acceptable for adults to build Lego. I've never liked comics, but I often wish I still had my Lego from when I was a kid.

38 minutes ago, McRamFan said:

It is perfectly acceptable, the only people that think it isn't are knuckle dragging morons. 

As a child or an adult, there is lego that is out there that can either be a challenge to build a Bugatti Chiron, or grab a box of bricks and see where your imagination takes you.

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Bugatti-Chiron-42083?icmp=COHomeSHTechnicBugatti#shopxlink

Can't see why it should be a problem, or reading Comic books etc. What you choose to do if not to the detriment of others should be fine.

On 28/07/2018 at 14:57, Moist One said:

when I see people who have motorised Wing/Door Mirrors, and the mirrors are re-tracted and they are driving on a main road.

If you're 10 miles down the M1 and your wing/door mirrors are folded in, you cannot be driving with due care and attention.

I followed a numpty onto the A1 the other day doing this.

It's part of the MOT isn't it that you have to have the use of at least 1 - driver's side, so I'm sure they could be done for something.

Sith Happens

Letting Agents. You pay them to fully manage your property, tenant leaves and they say everything fine on final inspection,  you go in and its proper filthy. Tenants too...No return of bond for you. 

48 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

Men who don't wash their hands after using a public toilet. It means I then have to touch, with my freshly washed hands, the same door handle that they have just contaminated when opening the door to leave.

My boss used to carry a spare handkerchief to open the door, just so that he didn't come into contact with the handle.

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

My boss used to carry a spare handkerchief to open the door, just so that he didn't come into contact with the handle.

Thats gross, imagine those poor sods opening the toilet door and being covered in your bosses snot.

On 28 July 2018 at 14:57, Moist One said:

when I see people who have motorised Wing/Door Mirrors, and the mirrors are re-tracted and they are driving on a main road.

If you're 10 miles down the M1 and your wing/door mirrors are folded in, you cannot be driving with due care and attention.

Thats a bit Alan Partridge m8

Businesses that issue Gift Vouchers who won't honour them because they're 'out of date'. How can they be out of date. They've had your money, for God's sake.

Just one example. A lady of my acquaintance was given a few hundred pounds worth of Thomas Cook's vouchers by relatives to visit her daughter in Australia. Due to illness it was over a year before she could book the trip. They (T C) wouldn't accept them in payment saying that they had expired, and wouldn't budge on the matter.

Bureaucratic theft.

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Thats a bit Alan Partridge m8

Nah...if caught should be instant ban and made to take test again. Cant be paying proper attention, sort of person who sits blocking an ambulance trying to get to someone who is dying.

26 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Thats gross, imagine those poor sods opening the toilet door and being covered in your bosses snot.

A spare handkerchief, reserved just for bog door opening. Mind you, he might have mixed them up in a forgetful moment.

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

Businesses that issue Gift Vouchers who won't honour them because they're 'out of date'. How can they be out of date. They've had your money, for God's sake.

Just one example. A lady of my acquaintance was given a few hundred pounds worth of Thomas Cook's vouchers by relatives to visit her daughter in Australia. Due to illness it was over a year before she could book the trip. They (T C) wouldn't accept them in payment saying that they had expired, and wouldn't budge on the matter.

Bureaucratic theft.

Yeah i dont get this. Happened to my wife,  someone bought her some vouchers but well before Christmas. She went to spend them a few months later to find only valid for 6 months.

Its theft pure and simple i cannot see any need to restrict vouchers.  They will say refer to small print, shouldnt be any.  

I wouldn't buy vouchers myself, look when comet where in administration they still took cash but not vouchers. Once again theft. 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

A spare handkerchief, reserved just for bog door opening. Mind you, he might have mixed them up in a forgetful moment.

Sounds a bit weird your boss.

1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

Gotta admit I use a paper towel at my place of work due to the amount of "walkers" (think I've spelt that right, although swapping the L for a N would be more appropriate). I've suggested a name and shame list but apparently this isn't PC. Whereas spreading your germs all over the place is perfectly ok. 

3 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Men who don't wash their hands after using a public toilet. It means I then have to touch, with my freshly washed hands, the same door handle that they have just contaminated when opening the door to leave.

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Gotta admit I use a paper towel at my place of work due to the amount of "walkers" (think I've spelt that right, although swapping the L for a N would be more appropriate). I've suggested a name and shame list but apparently this isn't PC. Whereas spreading your germs all over the place is perfectly ok. 

I've always thought toilet doors should be designed so you pull them open when entering and push them open when leaving.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Nah...if caught should be instant ban and made to take test again. Cant be paying proper attention, sort of person who sits blocking an ambulance trying to get to someone who is dying.

It could be argued that if Mostyn is paying that much attention to other drivers' wing mirrors then he himself isn't paying due care and attention to his own driving or the road ahead! Anyway, whatever, I'm not here to have a dig at him really.

Today's idiot driver deserving of my opprobrium performed a near perfect showcase of one of my pet peeves - people who don't properly adapt their speed when joining an A road from a (decent length) slip road. I've mentioned this before.

It's OK mate, you just trundle along the entire length of the slip road at 50mph during rush hour with me stuck behind you, it's not like you're going (and subsequently I'm going) 10-15mph slower than the duck-off 40 tonne lorry closing in on us or anything. Who d'ya think he going to crush first if you don't get a move on?

Funnily enough there is such a thing as driving too slowly.

Edited by Coconut

Moaning about phones again. People in an office have who have a company mobile and don’t turn the volume down the ringer. You’re sat on your desk, the phone is less than a foot away, why does do you have to bleed my eardrums?!

And people who buy Costa coffee every morning, yet they moan about the price of a pint of milk.

Edited by SouthStandDan