Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

4 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Biology actually recognises that gender is a spectrum, as does psychology and sociology. Putting people into binary categories is a social convention, generally imposed historically by Judeo-Christian culture. Other cultures, for example, Native Americans, have often recognised multiple genders. 

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2015/02/18/the-idea-of-two-sexes-is-simplistic-biologists-now-think-there-is-a-wider-spectrum-than-that/

Can I identify as a helicopter then? The people on good morning Britain identified as an owl and fox respectively. I'll make a big deal now and send a petition to parliament, why aren't there any toilets for us helicopters?

38 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Can I identify as a helicopter then? The people on good morning Britain identified as an owl and fox respectively. I'll make a big deal now and send a petition to parliament, why aren't there any toilets for us helicopters?

Helicopter and elephant aren't really on the spectrum of gender identities which the human brain serves up.

You can have male, female, bit of both, somewhere in between or neither.

I believe Fox and Owl were merely names, not genders. 

22 hours ago, McLovin said:

The people who claim there are more than 2 genders. There are males and females end of. 2 people appeared on good morning Britain the other day and got involved in a heated debate with piers Morgan. They identified themselves as "non binary" and identified themselves as a fox and an owl.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36120876/why-i-came-out-to-president-obama-before-i-told-my-parents.    

Here's an article I found about someone who bravely came out as non binary. To be fair, she does look like a bloke

Sith Happens

On the subject of 'sexes' this http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/woman-asda-jumper-complaint-boys-will-be-boys-gender-stereotype-identity-a7740156.html

Outrage at sexist jumper in Asda..

I am clearly old fashioned even in my 40's to think this is pathetic, do these people who complain about stuff like this expressing 'outrage' just spend their time looking for something to be outraged about.

What next...maybe shops should start selling gender neutral clothing for children.

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 16:36, StringerBell said:

Things that annoy me - people who go into the 'random things that annoy me' thread and tell people they shouldn't be annoyed by things. 

Its only happened once as far as I can tell and it's about otherkins and non-binary types. I don't know what makes the holy sanctity of these people so special but **** em I say. They're annoying. ?

In 245 pages I'm pretty sure there has been more than 1 occurrence of someone trying to argue against another.s annoyance

Maybe not many as for the most part it's just petty annoyances about every day life, but as far as I can tell this is not "random things that bring out the bigot in me" thread. If someone posted "tell you what annoys me - black people" would you not expect them to be called out?

I guess you just like to mock people who have mental health issues, in particular the way they cope. If its the choice between someone being so tormented by their sexuality that they kill themselves, or they come to terms with where they sit on the gender spectrum - you'd advocate for the suicide everytime because - hey one less "otherkins" for me to be annoyed by

Nice

40 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

In 245 pages I'm pretty sure there has been more than 1 occurrence of someone trying to argue against another.s annoyance

Maybe not many as for the most part it's just petty annoyances about every day life, but as far as I can tell this is not "random things that bring out the bigot in me" thread. If someone posted "tell you what annoys me - black people" would you not expect them to be called out?

I guess you just like to mock people who have mental health issues, in particular the way they cope. If its the choice between someone being so tormented by their sexuality that they kill themselves, or they come to terms with where they sit on the gender spectrum - you'd advocate for the suicide everytime because - hey one less "otherkins" for me to be annoyed by

Nice

Trans people commit suicide a lot. Do otherkins?

The vast majority don't have mental health problems. It's a result of extreme political ideology.

2 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Well if you identify as a serial suicider then who are we to say otherwise?

I tell you what I identify as, a thoroughly pi$$ed of long time reader and contributor of this forum up to the back teeth with you and Presley hijacking just about every thread in this section to petty pointscore and derail just about every thread.

To that end, I'm taking a sabbatical, you carry on boring the **** out of everybody, you've bored me for the last time.

7 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I tell you what I identify as, a thoroughly pi$$ed of long time reader and contributor of this forum up to the back teeth with you and Presley hijacking just about every thread in this section to petty pointscore and derail just about every thread.

To that end, I'm taking a sabbatical, you carry on boring the **** out of everybody, you've bored me for the last time.

See ya

3 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Stick around - you know we'll end up in bed at some point - then the sparks will REALLY fly ;)

Shall I try to get us on back on track?

The current media-driven trend for feminising men..and trying to convince them that 'makeup' is not just for women. Men do not wear foundation, or guy-liner etc. Having your eyebrows shaped is a no-no and whitening your teeth is border line!

Sith Happens
22 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Shall I try to get us on back on track?

The current media-driven trend for feminising men..and trying to convince them that 'makeup' is not just for women. Men do not wear foundation, or guy-liner etc. Having your eyebrows shaped is a no-no and whitening your teeth is border line!

What about a back, sack and crack?

4 hours ago, Joe. said:

Selling a car, great 24 texts/emails/phone calls. 80% of them 'what's the lowest you will take' or an offer for less than half of what it is advertised at

Hence why people opt for Webuyanycar type sites, people would rather sell at considerably less than book value than deal with tyre kickers.

10 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Hence why people opt for Webuyanycar type sites, people would rather sell at considerably less than book value than deal with tyre kickers.

Those websites annoy me aswell

Sith Happens

When its red hot in the week and you look at the forecast for the bank holiday and it looks pants.

Baggage handlers. I really wish we could be confident of packing things that would actually arrive in the same state that we put them in the case. This time they surpassed themselves and completely trashed the case rendering it useless and a chunk of my holiday cash had to go on a replacement. 

In no other place could you see customer's property being abused so blatantly