Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

What is it with farmers and driving tractors on main roads in the dark on Saturday evenings? Got another one tonight, just before seven p.m. Pulled out in front of me with a trailer with about 30 bales of straw, in the pouring rain. One small rear light on one side of the number plate was its only illumination.

Sped along at about 12 mph, slowing only for speed humps, of which there were many. Is it really so life and death?

Having to listen to the outpouring of grief of Louis Tomlinson's Mum passing away...  Don't get me wrong, leukaemia is a disgusting decease and I wouldn't wish it on anybody, but she because she was followed by a load of daft tweenies it takes over Twitter and even gets mentioned on the News At Ten.  I can imagine plenty of mothers pass away like this every year, leaving behind families without a millionaire son to take care of those she leaves behind but where's their eulogies from ITN???  Celebrity culture going too far...

16 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Have you thought about seeing a doctor about this Bridgford? ;)

If you saw my doctor you'd see her about anything you could :-)

I mixed it up a bit today and did some sprints rather than just distance.  Hopefully next week I'll be able to start cycling to work again (they have been refurbing the showers at work) so I can get back to running 10k a day (I am only doing 5k at the moment).

4 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I mixed it up a bit today and did some sprints rather than just distance.  Hopefully next week I'll be able to start cycling to work again (they have been refurbing the showers at work) so I can get back to running 10k a day (I am only doing 5k at the moment).

Makes me aware now just how little exercise I do.

15 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I've started walking briskly to the fridge to get the chocolate trifle, but I've found it makes me a little peckish.

Blokes who go out and about wearing soft cotton jogging trousers. In the house? Fine. Nipping to the corner shop? Just about acceptable. Any further? Unacceptable (unless it's to go and appear on Jeremy Kyle)

I was on a training course last week and it was "casual dress". A lad on there spent the whole week in the same pair of jogging bottoms. Have some self respect mate.

33 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Blokes who go out and about wearing soft cotton jogging trousers. In the house? Fine. Nipping to the corner shop? Just about acceptable. Any further? Unacceptable (unless it's to go and appear on Jeremy Kyle)

I was on a training course last week and it was "casual dress". A lad on there spent the whole week in the same pair of jogging bottoms. Have some self respect mate.

Haha Stive! Had to have a laugh at this ! Been saying this to people for ages. Tracky bottoms when out and about is just laziness. Don't get me wrong, they are comfy for slightly bigger men like myself and i love wearing thrm but I wouldn't been seen dead going out in them. Just wearing them changes my mentality to 'can't really be arsed'. Slovenly people.

If I may add to this tracksuit slating fest.

People who wear tracksuit tops with their hoods up in summer when it's about 28 degrees. Why?!!

And people who wear those sicky grey tracky bottoms and tops with hood up and white trainers. Have a day off will ya! You look ridiculous.

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

No chance.  Many a time has the missus asked me to nip out to the shops after tea when i'm in my trakkies and I've gone upstairs and got changed before going.  If I don't I might as well stick myself in the same bracket as Mum's who take the kids to school in the PJs and dressing gown!!!  That isn't a myth, I've seen them do it, lazy s**ts

43 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

No chance.  Many a time has the missus asked me to nip out to the shops after tea when i'm in my trakkies and I've gone upstairs and got changed before going.  If I don't I might as well stick myself in the same bracket as Mum's who take the kids to school in the PJs and dressing gown!!!  That isn't a myth, I've seen them do it, lazy s**ts

True - I say "just about acceptable" but it depends on how far your shop is and how desperately you need to go to the shop. Mine is literally dead opposite the house, so I can power in and out in an emergency (and it has to be said that I don't look out of place in there!) - but generally I would get changed first.

I've also seen mum's taking kids to school in their dressing gowns - and slippers!

30 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

True - I say "just about acceptable" but it depends on how far your shop is and how desperately you need to go to the shop. Mine is literally dead opposite the house, so I can power in and out in an emergency (and it has to be said that I don't look out of place in there!) - but generally I would get changed first.

I've also seen mum's taking kids to school in their dressing gowns - and slippers!

:lol:

What's the emergency purchase then?