Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

47 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Blokes in company vans driving whilst using their mobiles.

I then get a photo of them and the reg plate and report them if possible.

Normally I wouldn't bother but the very fact that they are driving a van owned by the people that keep a roof over their heads and they don't even attempt to hide their phones belies belief. No person THAT stupid should be in employment let alone be allowed on our roads.

Some people are unfathomable. :(

I would wager that the majority of these phonecalls are with someone back in the office.

I worked for a firm that put parrot hands-free kits in cars, but then launched a scheme with a catchy slogan that was basically "we won't let anyone get injured", so removed the parrot kits and made a very public "all phone calls are unsafe if driving", then moaned when people weren't answering phones!

16 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I would wager that the majority of these phonecalls are with someone back in the office.

I worked for a firm that put parrot hands-free kits in cars, but then launched a scheme with a catchy slogan that was basically "we won't let anyone get injured", so removed the parrot kits and made a very public "all phone calls are unsafe if driving", then moaned when people weren't answering phones!

OK I will ask, what's a parrot hands free kit?

2 minutes ago, Joe. said:

So you can talk on the phone hands free in the car

So what's the difference between that and a normal hands free kit

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

don't need it nowadays, you can buy a car stereo that does it all for you.

Yeah my new car does... I can even talk to it and tell it who to call

54 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Yeah my new car does... I can even talk to it and tell it who to call

Mine only works correctly if I adopt a swarthy Spanish accent!

Normal english doesn't work, I have to take a tone that suggests I'd like to get into the pants of the sat nav to get to my destination safely.

4 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

I bet youre an ex-smoker , they are always the worst.

Ha no i am not, being a life long asthma sufferer i hate it with a passion. My nephews girlfriend is pregnant and has smoked throughout her pregnancy, i cant tell you how mad that makes me.

Anyway I just don't see how you can be fully in control of a car with a ciggy in your hand, and what if you drop it.

Plus it stinks....I used to travel with a co-worker who smoked in his car, in fairness he wouldnt when i was in the car but you got out feeling like you had had a pack of 20. Smokers tend to not realise that masking the smell isnt possible with cheap air freshners etc.

33 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Ha no i am not, being a life long asthma sufferer i hate it with a passion. My nephews girlfriend is pregnant and has smoked throughout her pregnancy, i cant tell you how mad that makes me.

Anyway I just don't see how you can be fully in control of a car with a ciggy in your hand, and what if you drop it.

Plus it stinks....I used to travel with a co-worker who smoked in his car, in fairness he wouldnt when i was in the car but you got out feeling like you had had a pack of 20. Smokers tend to not realise that masking the smell isnt possible with cheap air freshners etc.

As a former secret smoker for many years I used to do it all the time in the car. The tip was to have the drivers window down a couple of inches and the fan on high & directed to your feet. Worked a treat and I never got caught having a smelly car.

Obviously had the compulsory breath freshening menthol sweets and alcohol handwash. Sad really.

4 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

As a former secret smoker for many years I used to do it all the time in the car. The tip was to have the drivers window down a couple of inches and the fan on high & directed to your feet. Worked a treat and I never got caught having a smelly car.

Obviously had the compulsory breath freshening menthol sweets and alcohol handwash. Sad really.

Well I can't say for sure, but if I was a betting man I would put a fiver on it not being as effective as you thought it was.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

This has probably been here before on this thread but people driving in fog with no lights on.

It's been a proper pea-souper this morning on the A1 (around Newark) and an incredible number of cars (and one fully laden coach!) with no lights on at all.

Then the opposite, where fools driving around with fog lights on a completely clear day.

Or using fog lights in lieu of dipped beam. It's not cool, doesn't make your car look sporty, just makes you look a tool.

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

This has probably been here before on this thread but people driving in fog with no lights on.

It's been a proper pea-souper this morning on the A1 (around Newark) and an incredible number of cars (and one fully laden coach!) with no lights on at all.

I think the problem is people dont really know when they should or shouldnt be used, so some dont put them on and some have them on when not needed. 

if you can see the normal lights on a car in front of you then you shouldnt really need fog lights. I know this morning where i was lots had them on and i dont think it was necessary.

Lorry driver today gets 10 years for ploughing into the back of a car and killing children in the process as he was looking at his mobile phone.

What's wrong with this country?!

He should never come out. As it is he'll do about 6 years.

Drivers caught using their phones at the wheel should get a 15 year driving ban. None if this "oh I need to drive for work " sob story crap. Get caught - you don't get behind a wheel for 15 years REGARDLESS. Makes my blood boil the niceness of our laws. Some poor woman has lost her kids and I'm damn sure that if everyone knew they'd be banned for 15 years then the numbers of ****** using them whilst driving and thus the numbers of injuries / fatalities will be reduced.

Common sense to me, AND fair.