Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

11 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

This must have been covered but just in case - I really hate the clickbait adds you get on all sites now with headlines like, 'She didn't know why the crowd were still cheering', 'The cameraman didn't expect to see that', '76 historical photos you won't believe' or 'Derby County close to signing...'

I am no expert in Google rankings but I am sure that these adds probably do more damage for the sites than benefit.

Totally agree. "What this actress looks like now will blow your mind!" , "What she wore will blow your mind!" , "What happened next to this man when he caught a bus will blow your mind!".

The people that click on this stuff scare the bejeesus out of me. To have so few neurons is frightening and in actual fact they should be found and kept away from society.

The time when I become unable to sleep until I've seen what Kelly McGillis from Top Gun looks like 25 or so years on is the time to seek urgent psychiatric help.

5 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Totally agree. "What this actress looks like now will blow your mind!" , "What she wore will blow your mind!" , "What happened next to this man when he caught a bus will blow your mind!".

The people that click on this stuff scare the bejeesus out of me. To have so few neurons is frightening and in actual fact they should be found and kept away from society.

The time when I become unable to sleep until I've seen what Kelly McGillis from Top Gun looks like 25 or so years on is the time to seek urgent psychiatric help.

'Anyone born between 1682 and 2016 must read this.'

you're waiting in a queue for ages and the women in front of you finally gets served and when it comes to pay they take 5 minutes trying to find the purse in the bag, then getting it out, then opening it up, then faffing with change, then counting it, then dropping some, then picking it up, then counting it again, then finally handing it over.

Having the money ready might be a good idea for the sanity of the rest of us.

Sun loungers (part 2)

When you doze off and forget you're not in your king size bed and roll over, but cos you're on a 30 inch wide lounger, your rolling over causes the contraption to topple over and you land on a load of empty bottles you've stacked up, causing an almighty racket and you ain't got a clue what's happened cos you was happily away with it, thinking of naked Marges! 

Electronic passport control gates.

Maybe not the gates themselves, as I'm not a total mouth breather and know how to follow the 3 simple instructions it gives you, but the general public who are incapable of doing the following:

- Inserting Passport shiny photo side first.

- Standing in the correct spot.

- Looking at the screen for 10 seconds.

Took me 40 minutes at East Midlands last week because of this. Made me weep for humanity.

13 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

It's the equivalent of the lab experiment where the feeder drops a peanut to the mouse if it goes the right way in the maze.

14 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Electronic passport control gates.

Maybe not the gates themselves, as I'm not a total mouth breather and know how to follow the 3 simple instructions it gives you, but the general public who are incapable of doing the following:

- Inserting Passport shiny photo side first.

- Standing in the correct spot.

- Looking at the screen for 10 seconds.

Took me 40 minutes at East Midlands last week because of this. Made me weep for humanity.

Have a care! I tried this and failed and apparently it was because I am too short, it was looking for my eyes in my forehead. :angry:

On 9/16/2016 at 07:02, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Drivers that brake suddenly then indicate. Its the other way round you dolts !!

Literally nearly every driver in the country does this I'm sure of it.

Or driver's that turn in to a lane that's turning off, and then indicate when they're in it! It's too fncking late now, it's called an indicator to indicate where you're going, not where you are!