Wiemann performance

kyle mccabe

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Should have done better though when Vydra played him through. Decision making sometimes a bit disappointing but all in all I like Weimann. 

Totally agree and he has a chance to square to Lawrence who is unmarked and would have smashed it home but shot and had it blocked, it’s not quite all there yet but def better

Sith Happens
14 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Totally agree and he has a chance to square to Lawrence who is unmarked and would have smashed it home but shot and had it blocked, it’s not quite all there yet but def better

Thought it was Vydra not Lawrence?

42 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Should have done better though when Vydra played him through. Decision making sometimes a bit disappointing but all in all I like Weimann. 

Rowett can help him I think by giving him confidence to smash it when he has a chance. He had a yard or two on the defence and could have hit it from the centre of the box but cutting inside gave the defender a chance to block.

It's just a confidence thing and if he knows he has freedom to miss he will score more.

I thought his performance was typical Weimann. Full of endeavour and energy but cocked up 2 easy opportunities by bad decision making and having the balance and coordination of a new born foal at vital times. 

32 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Would you say he looked up and did what was expected for the goal?

Yes and no or rather no and yes. He was played in behind the full back. Lost it to him and the full back tried to let it roll out of play. What he did well was nudging him in the back without giving a free kick away and then passing to Jerome. 

However he cocked up the next2 opportunities. He is Gary Teale. He used to be ***** but now he's alright.  Alright doesn't get you top two. 

Was never good enough under previous managers, not good enough for wolves, and only really got in the team this season due to us for some reason letting JR go and his would be replacement not wanting to play for GR.

He runs a lot so suits the style of play though and he is doing ok for now.

Always thought weimann had a bit about him and he’s been consistently decent across this season. Is he technically the best footballer out there? Not really, but he works hard, gets himself into good positions and generally picks out decent passes in the final third, playing in the role he has been this season he’s linked well with Huddlestones through passes. Could we do better? Course we could, but he’s a decent enough player, more than can be said for certain players in our squad that we paid more money for.

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Always thought weimann had a bit about him and he’s been consistently decent across this season. Is he technically the best footballer out there? Not really, but he works hard, gets himself into good positions and generally picks out decent passes in the final third, playing in the role he has been this season he’s linked well with Huddlestones through passes. Could we do better? Course we could, but he’s a decent enough player, more than can be said for certain players in our squad that we paid more money for.

With better technical ability he would be with a premiership team and back in the Austrian international team

11 hours ago, Shaftesbury st said:

11 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Thought it was Vydra not Lawrence?

First he had the chance to square for Lawrence who had an open goal from four yards out without even the keeper. Instead he shot into a wall of defenders. Later on, during his one-on-one he had the chance to slip Vydra through once he'd lost the momentum of the run, but again he shot into the defenders.

On another  break he could have easily given Lawrence the same type of one-on-one that he later got, by playing a ball over the top that any average Sunday league midfielder could have played, but he wasn't able to lift the ball above thigh height so Chester easily intercepted it.

But he made our goal by tireless running and playing a good ball back to CamJam.

Finding the right pass about one in four times seems to be his level in forward positions. But he works really hard and does worry the opposition. I would rather have Jamie Ward or Johnny Russell (in that order), but I appreciate his work rate. He came with the reputation as a great finisher, but his shooting is no better than his passing. And in the home game against Fulham he scored the early offside goal because he didn't seem to understand the offside law and simply lost his head and unnecessarily ran into an offside position before the ball could be played.

He has improved and I'm delighted and pleased for him. I hope he scores the winner in the playoff final, but I'd be happy to move him on in the summer. Brutal, but he is a player we might get a decent fee for, and I think we can do better.

Archived