We believe In you derby

B4ev6is

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Boro and Millwall play each other on Saturday in the late kick off. There's no bad permutation from that match, especially if we can get at least a point vs. Villa.

Would be nice to beat Villa and for Boro to draw with Millwall - putting us in 5th and 3 points ahead of 7th place Millwall with a minimum of 9 goals difference

That would be a great day for us, hope it comes to pass ????????

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 86 points said:

So it's your opinion that supporters can't influence a game or inspire a team to lift their performance in any way?

I'd say that's a pretty bold claim. Makes you wonder why home advantage counts for so much, doesn't it?

if a crowd can make a team win, we would never have been relegated from the PL, and even then we'd have won at Wembley, and we'd have been promoted loads of times.

If the players aren't motivated and organised, the crowd cannot influence them to win, although they can ruin it the opposite way.

1 hour ago, one_chop said:

Well the op has completely jinxed us now with this ridiculous thread. How on earth can we 'be on fire again' after winning one game against a massively under achieving Cardiff side ?

And what on earth is a ballion and a scave? Weapons are not aloud in grounds.

You’re new around here aren’t you.. I would seriously question if the world had ended if we don’t get a B4 rallying thread.

Anyway aren’t you related with all this one chop / yank chop stuff.. Panda bros.

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

We make the differance by getting behind tge lads like last night

Fans were loud v Boro. Still lost. So it ain’t no nailed on science.

What is true however, is if the fans sing loud and don’t boo/grumble, then no-one can ever accuse us of negatively affecting the players confidence or putting too much pressure on.

5 minutes ago, Moist One said:

if a crowd can make a team win, we would never have been relegated from the PL, and even then we'd have won at Wembley, and we'd have been promoted loads of times.

If the players aren't motivated and organised, the crowd cannot influence them to win, although they can ruin it the opposite way.

You're a proper daft old brush, so you are. Everything is so literal with you. Look at the London Olympics where we scooped more medals than China and tell me the crowds didn't lift performances. I'm not saying it's the be all and end all only that IT CAN HELP. Have you never played yourself? Is that why you don't get it?

10 minutes ago, 86 points said:

You're a proper daft old brush, so you are. Everything is so literal with you. Look at the London Olympics where we scooped more medals than China and tell me the crowds didn't lift performances. I'm not saying it's the be all and end all only that IT CAN HELP. Have you never played yourself? Is that why you don't get it?

you'll do very very well to convince me it's anything other than coincidental. That said, I am convinced by a major feelgood factor, but this is more than just cheering at the game.

Just now, Moist One said:

you'll do very very well to convince me it's anything other than coincidental. That said, I am convinced by a major feelgood factor, but this is more than just cheering at the game.

What would be the point of trying to convince you of anything? I'm merely offering an alternative opinion. You don't see any correlation between larger home crowds and the support they can offer and home advantage. I guess in your mind it's all down to the type of grass. Maybe we're only talking incremental gains here and nothing significant but to state there is zero advantage to be garnered is plain silly, to my mind at least. As you said to B4, if you can be wholly dogmatic about this, prove it.

To be fair to the @Moist One, he's consistently outlined his views over a long period of time about negative fans at the ground having an adverse affect on player performances.

So he's not one of the moaning sods we all sit near each and every game.

I just find that view hard to reconcile with his view that positivity from the stands has no upside when it comes to player performance.

Surely everyone performs better in a positive environment, and they certainly don't perform worse.

9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

If I was a player I'd much rather play in front of 30,000 b4s than 30,000 moist ones.

bit harsh. I bet you B4 groans a lot more than I do. Within the stadium, I'm 100% behind the team, I try and sing along with everything and I am against booing our own. I never booed Nigel Clough or any Derby player. I refused to sing along with Robbie Savage songs, I refused to sing Nigel Clough songs after a year or so. I refuse to sing the Collymore song, and I won't sing tasteless songs (such as "look out for turks carrying knives" when Leeds are here).

I'm a full time man, and never leave early, and I am stupidly optimistic in believing we can score late goals, even though it's rarer then rocking horse poo.

I think I'm quite encouraging.

7 minutes ago, Moist One said:

bit harsh

Sorry. I should have put 'based on this thread'.

If you're a full time man and sing and cheer, then i reckon you're having a positive effect on the match whether you think you are or not.

1 minute ago, Parsnip said:

Sorry. I should have put 'based on this thread'.

If you're a full time man and sing and cheer, then i reckon you're having a positive effect on the match whether you think you are or not.

nope, seen about 70% losses! ?

20 minutes ago, Moist One said:

bit harsh. I bet you B4 groans a lot more than I do. Within the stadium, I'm 100% behind the team, I try and sing along with everything and I am against booing our own. I never booed Nigel Clough or any Derby player. I refused to sing along with Robbie Savage songs, I refused to sing Nigel Clough songs after a year or so. I refuse to sing the Collymore song, and I won't sing tasteless songs (such as "look out for turks carrying knives" when Leeds are here).

I'm a full time man, and never leave early, and I am stupidly optimistic in believing we can score late goals, even though it's rarer then rocking horse poo.

I think I'm quite encouraging.

I dont mate not one bit

One two personal met me and angreyram is one of them.

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I dont mate not one bit

One two personal met me and angreyram is one of them.

sorry B4, I wasn't implying anything bad about you, was just trying to defend me by saying I am always behind the team in the ground.

Archived