The accounts 16/17

ramblur

9 minutes ago, ramblur said:

I'm fine if I can give utch a prod every now and then. Mind you, if he puts me in the wicker man, there'll be no chance of a cancellation due to snow:ph34r:

Nobody prods Utch, I lost me stick last time.

No,No, that’s not right. I found it when I sat down.

:pinch:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Nobody prods Utch, I lost me stick last time.

No,No, that’s not right. I found it when I sat down.

:pinch:

You're just bragging now;)

Just a very few bits and bobs from the 3 accounts. The Academy showed a loss of £5,921,989 for the 13 month period (they all reported over an initial 13 month period), but there's no detail at all.

Club DCFC posted a loss of £2,625,997 ,but again no details..It showed net fixed assets of £526490, comprised as follows:- 

Buildings cost £6,814 less £68 depreciation,giving £6746 net,  Fixtures,Plant and Fittings cost £150,857 less£18958 depreciation, giving £131,899 net.  There was then an asset under construction (anyone know what it is?) with a value of £387,845, with no depreciation being chargeable until the asset is available for use. ( This is the catering and events company).

Stadia DCFC (operation of commercial and sponsorship activities) had tangible assets under construction of £188,136 ,with again no depreciation as yet (again, anyone know what this is?)

A loss of £2,918,341 was recorded,and again there are no details of the components.

10 minutes ago, Gritters said:

When does the financial year for 2016/17 accounts start? Will they show the transfer fees of Ince & Hughes or will they be in next years?

1/7/16 ( to 30/6/17). Not sure what will happen to Hughes, as I seem to remember he left in june.

However PBSE within the 16/17 accounts will give total values for ins and outs of this year's summer window.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

But that's open and being used? So should have some depreciation against it?

I assumed Mel was fitting out a very big chip van to go on the road :lol:

These accounts only show the position up to 30/6/17, if that helps.

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

dunno when the Yard opened but could easily be the explanation given its the only recent new thing at dcfc

Stadia DCFC (commercial) also had work in progress tangible fixed assets with a then current cost of £188,136, whatever that was.

Is it just me that goes to games, supports the team, goes home, chills with family, think about the next game a few days before and repeat this same process for 9 months a year and then let those who run the club get on with it.???? Or should I be looking closely into how the club is run to the closest penny to make sure they spend my season ticket money right. 

21 minutes ago, CHCDerby said:

Is it just me that goes to games, supports the team, goes home, chills with family, think about the next game a few days before and repeat this same process for 9 months a year and then let those who run the club get on with it.???? Or should I be looking closely into how the club is run to the closest penny to make sure they spend my season ticket money right. 

I reckon you have a very healthy attitude but if (like me ) you are a worry wort, you think about the future and want it to continue. 

A full ground and good management / sponsorship with a reasonably effective team used to mean all was rosy. But with the way the game is now there are so many financial traps that clubs can fall in to unless there are good accountants and an Uncle Mel figure to keep it all together. 

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, CHCDerby said:

Mostly.

I think thats a good way to be right now, Mel is a businessman and clearly knows what he is doing.

I would have been more curious of how the money was being spent when the 3 amigos where in charge mind.

Improved undersoil heating system,  ordered and approved by Mr C Winker? 

:lol:

Doesn't really fit in with commercial activities ,though, which is what the new company is all about. None of the fixed assets in the new companies appear to have been reversed out of DCFC Ltd -all new stuff. The last time I can remember anything approaching this was when PP was first built, and the asset was held within another company. Don't think it was too long before it fell into ownership by DCFC..

Seems to me that Mel wants to look at some things as separate 'entities'. Having them in their own companies means you can easily look at the 'running totals'.

2 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

Surprised you're spending any time viewing a thread titled 'The accounts' in that case;)

2 hours ago, ramblur said:

Doesn't really fit in with commercial activities ,though, which is what the new company is all about. None of the fixed assets in the new companies appear to have been reversed out of DCFC Ltd -all new stuff. The last time I can remember anything approaching this was when PP was first built, and the asset was held within another company. Don't think it was too long before it fell into ownership by DCFC..

Seems to me that Mel wants to look at some things as separate 'entities'. Having them in their own companies means you can easily look at the 'running totals'.

Either that or if some activities do generate value in themselves he can spin off the companies. 

You'd have thought that regardless of the legal structure of the group, the cfo would put a MIS in place to analyse profit and loss by line of business. 

Either that or if some activities do generate value in themselves he can spin off the companies. 

You'd have thought that regardless of the legal structure of the group, the cfo would put a MIS in place to analyse profit and loss by line of business. 

Very much doubt your first point. In these FFP times, he'd be more interested in ways of generating further profits, rather than flogging anything profit making.

For all we know, there might already be an MIS in place. The thing about the new companies is that they'll all have their separate boards.

Archived