The last 9 games

Russell Ram

The last 9 games are all against teams gunning for promotion or the play offs or fighting relegation. Not one game currently against a mid table side. Good thing or not? I actually think it is a good thing, we need to raise our game a touch and it will ensure that if we make the play offs, we go into them having played teams at a certain 'intensity'.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamNut said:

The sunderland game has come at a good time. Four points from the next two home games will be very useful. 

In your dreams! No chance against Cardiff and maybe draw with Sunderland. 

No Hudd, no Joe, Crocked GT. Who are we going to have in midfield?

Slightly off topic who is close to a yellow card ban and when does that window shut?

9 hours ago, FindernRam said:

In your dreams! No chance against Cardiff and maybe draw with Sunderland. 

No Hudd, no Joe, Crocked GT. Who are we going to have in midfield?

Slightly off topic who is close to a yellow card ban and when does that window shut?

Bet you we do. 

6 minutes ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

I’d be interested to see some examples of when Jamie Hanson has ever let us down.  It’s a cheap shot, but hard to back up with evidence. He’s still only 22, and my guess is that he’ll turn out to be at least a decent Championship footballer.

can him and bairdinio do a job in the middle

I don’t think it really matters.

Remember in the Billy Davies season? We drew with Coventry and Leicester, lost to Palace in the last six games.

All three had nothing to play for, and they took points off us.

It’s a myth that teams with nothing to play for are easier to play against. Also under Burley we lost 6-2 at Coventry when they had nothing to play for.

Ideally we just want to play teams who are massively out of form and with little confidence.

Barnsley, Sunderland and Burton are simply must-win games. No excuses.

10 minutes ago, ivo_knoflicek said:

I’d be interested to see some examples of when Jamie Hanson has ever let us down.  It’s a cheap shot, but hard to back up with evidence. He’s still only 22, and my guess is that he’ll turn out to be at least a decent Championship footballer.

Absolutely. Well said, Sir. We were discussing how we haven’t turned out a recent Academician...well cometh the hour, cometh the man. Still only 22 {yet seems to have been around for a while} this is JH’s golden opportunity. IIRC he’s a vg dead-baller so just hope he approaches the game with courage...it’s up to GR to pump him full of confidence...which I’m sure he will do. Him and Palmer in midfield with BJ to play the thug? 

1 minute ago, Ellafella said:

Absolutely. Well said, Sir. We were discussing how we haven’t turned out a recent Academician...well cometh the hour, cometh the man. Still only 22 {yet seems to have been around for a while} this is JH’s golden opportunity. IIRC he’s a vg dead-baller so just hope he approaches the game with courage...it’s up to GR to pump him full of confidence...which I’m sure he will do. Him and Palmer in midfield with BJ to play the thug? 

I genuinely hope Hanson gets a chance. Even 2/3 years ago he had a game under Mac as the DM when everyone had a sick note. He did blooming well for a lad under 20 years old. He's got a good touch, he's hungry, strong and thinks positively. I rate him despite the odd game where his errors have been highlighted more than what he brought to the game. 

I know football is about a variety of skills and intelligence and one talent does not make a complete player but I've seen a fair few and for me Jamie has at least got that essential ability to control a ball with some consistency and precision which is more than many a journeyman championship player with bigger reputations. 

I hope he gets a go and makes something of it for all concerned 

3 hours ago, jono said:

I genuinely hope Hanson gets a chance. Even 2/3 years ago he had a game under Mac as the DM when everyone had a sick note. He did blooming well for a lad under 20 years old. He's got a good touch, he's hungry, strong and thinks positively. I rate him despite the odd game where his errors have been highlighted more than what he brought to the game. 

I know football is about a variety of skills and intelligence and one talent does not make a complete player but I've seen a fair few and for me Jamie has at least got that essential ability to control a ball with some consistency and precision which is more than many a journeyman championship player with bigger reputations. 

I hope he gets a go and makes something of it for all concerned 

I agree but worries me a bit because  if he was good enough we'd surely have seen more of him and wouldn't necessarily have signed Ledley.

I hope the lad does really well and my fingers are crossed for him but Im not going to be contradictory and say i think he's good enough because i don't....really hope he proves me wrong we need him to hit the ground running its a big ask for someone who's hardly figured in the first team......Good luck Jamie :thumbsup:

IMO Baird could do a job as CDM next to him to help if we play a 2 in there

9 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I was at Norwich away when he made his debut ,we had injuries and I was really expecting defeat when team announced ,, the lad went out and played a blinder ,, you just don’t know but that showed he had the balls to step up to the plate when we really needed him ,, it’s not perfect but that’s how kids get the chance to shine 

If he can't get a game when the three players ahead of him are injured or suspended then he is wasting his time with us.

he has to play. 

13 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

They did beat us 6-1 at the Ricoh the season after when we had Phil Brown though :lol:

I'm sure the lads that I have a kick around with could beat a Phil Brown team :ph34r:

Archived