Massive week for the football club

6 points will as good as cement a play off spot. Not in terms of points but the confidence will be back and with it should come enough points. With the pressure off we may have another late flirt with 2nd place. 

0-2 points and we’ll be as good as out of the play off spots (for now) the unrest will increase, Mel will get twitchy, toxic atmospheres and phone ins will become the norm 

just a massive week for the direction the season could take 

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant lose to forest. 

Our team shouldnt be dropping points to QPR or Forest IMO.....

Think the presure will stack up if we dont take 4+ points this week.

I think Gary's Transfer policy and stratergy will come into question.

But im hopeful for a win and a draw. I hope we win tonight and then push on for the last few games drawing 2 and winning 8.....

I think we all accept confidence is low and were in a poor run of form. However we have still 'only' lost 7 games all season. The problem has become  not being able to hold on leads and see games out, something we doing quite easily before. Seem to have lost skill our 'game management'.

I know it looked like we played poorly against Fulham on Saturday but I think the game would have been completely different if our 'offside 'goal had stood. GR has essentially made us a solid counter attacking side. Fulham would then have had to have attacked us and we would, as have in other games 'tried' to pick them off on the counter.

We are not at our best when we are chasing a game and due to a current lack of confidence, appear nervous and hesitant in our actions. Players have become cautious and even 'scared' to make a mistake. This not help by the tension and criticism transmitted from the terraces. 

These two away games are exactly what we need right now. expectations have been lowered (from automatic promotion) and there must  a anger and frustration built up in the team. We have some very proud experience (ex-international) professionals  who won't like what's happening. GR needs channel this into performance on pitch

I maybe wrong but contrary to the 'general' opinion of the fans on this site and fans around me at the recent games. I think this week will see a turn around in our fortunes.   

Players know 2 wins now would turn this season around again. It is entire possible this could happen QPR are beatable and the Forest game, whenever played is anybody's to win. What a physiological boost that would be. 

So temporarily forget the doom and gloom and get behind the boy's.  

Belief is the key. If the boy's truly believe they can then do  then they will.

So everyone time to take up the war cry  again 'Com'n you Rams'

16 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Belief needs to come from the supporters and the players. I suggest everyone listens to Shane Nicholson on the link below regarding how important getting behind the team is.  We are a very good side for this division.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2018/03/the-fulham-review-show

Waste of time though as there is a significant minority who do not have the backbone to cope with anything other than victories.  I'm sure some will be booing if we were Arsenal.  God forbid when we get to the EPL and don't win it

Losing 7 games all season is still damn good going, we need to turn draws into wins.

I can still see us beating QPR, Preston, Burton, Barnsley, cardiff, sunderland, bolton and I hope Forest. 

That would put us on 84 points.

That could make the Villa and Wolves games the difference between top 2 and not.

If we can get it right the end of the season could still be good.

1 hour ago, Edtheram said:

Cant lose to forest. 

Our team shouldnt be dropping points to QPR or Forest IMO.....

Think the presure will stack up if we dont take 4+ points this week.

I think Gary's Transfer policy and stratergy will come into question.

But im hopeful for a win and a draw. I hope we win tonight and then push on for the last few games drawing 2 and winning 8.....

Gary or Mel's?

You assume Gary has full reign and not used it

57 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I think we all accept confidence is low and were in a poor run of form. However we have still 'only' lost 7 games all season. The problem has become  not being able to hold on leads and see games out, something we doing quite easily before. Seem to have lost skill our 'game management'.

I know it looked like we played poorly against Fulham on Saturday but I think the game would have been completely different if our 'offside 'goal had stood. GR has essentially made us a solid counter attacking side. Fulham would then have had to have attacked us and we would, as have in other games 'tried' to pick them off on the counter.

We are not at our best when we are chasing a game and due to a current lack of confidence, appear nervous and hesitant in our actions. Players have become cautious and even 'scared' to make a mistake. This not help by the tension and criticism transmitted from the terraces. 

These two away games are exactly what we need right now. expectations have been lowered (from automatic promotion) and there must  a anger and frustration built up in the team. We have some very proud experience (ex-international) professionals  who won't like what's happening. GR needs channel this into performance on pitch

I maybe wrong but contrary to the 'general' opinion of the fans on this site and fans around me at the recent games. I think this week will see a turn around in our fortunes.   

Players know 2 wins now would turn this season around again. It is entire possible this could happen QPR are beatable and the Forest game, whenever played is anybody's to win. What a physiological boost that would be. 

So temporarily forget the doom and gloom and get behind the boy's.  

Belief is the key. If the boy's truly believe they can then do  then they will.

So everyone time to take up the war cry  again 'Com'n you Rams'

Is that like the cycling guys get banned for?

14 hours ago, Spanish said:

Waste of time though as there is a significant minority who do not have the backbone to cope with anything other than victories.  I'm sure some will be booing if we were Arsenal.  God forbid when we get to the EPL and don't win it

i agree... fans dont reallty have it in their makeup to think about pyschology and positive thinking.

The modern day fan engagment will only make everyone more pesimistic.

By that i mean, in the oldn day if we lost, we had a moan with our mates or whoever woudl listen to us on the way back from the game, now adays with social media.... that furstruation is shared for the whole workld to hear on twitter, facebook, and the radio and ramstv see fit to report on every illadvised comment.

if we win... people largely stay quiet cos theres not so much to moan about.

Whilst I largely agree with GR every time he is interviewed, and i think Nicholson speaks a lot of common sense on ramstv... we all know that fans get frustrated with poor results, that suddenty it feels like the end of the world, and every little thing about the team needs to be changed!

Archived