Reading v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Millenniumram said:

I probably do exaggerate a little after the game but it’s the way we play. You can look at defensive errors (both fullbacks were ****) but the real issue lies in the fact we don’t push on when we score. You can call me up on it if we do somehow make it and I’ll be gladly proven wrong, but I can’t see us making it, we’ve had the form of a relegation team since Christmas. This isn’t a blip, it’s a collapse.

Again

You're hugely exaggerating again. Since Christmas? We were fine in January, had a few blips recently, but nothing teams aren't expected to have. I've seen you praising Villa highly previously, they went 5 matches without a win earlier in the season. This is nothing other than a blip, it'll test the player's character, and I've no doubt we'll hit some hot form later on in the season. We just need to remain calm. Our fans have visions of seasons gone by, which is probably the causation of the over reaction. It's different players, and a different manager, it'll surely be a different outcome too.

Just now, Andicis said:

You're hugely exaggerating again. Since Christmas? We were fine in January, had a few blips recently, but nothing teams aren't expected to have. I've seen you praising Villa highly previously, they went 5 matches without a win earlier in the season. This is nothing other than a blip, it'll test the player's character, and I've no doubt we'll hit some hot form later on in the season. We just need to remain calm. Our fans have visions of seasons gone by, which is probably the causation of the over reaction. It's different players, and a different manager, it'll surely be a different outcome too.

Gulp. 

It is frustrating yes, we are having a blip but we are getting points which is keeping us withing touching distance. Do think unless we have a great turn of form top two is hard now, but I am confident we will make the play offs, then who knows.

I was disappointed with the composure today, our discipline has been good mostly but was poor today. Individual mistakes are costing us.

We can still do well this season.

24 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

it irks me that all those people who said we'd collapse come February were right.

still only lost one game in fifteen.

Afraid all the 30 year old legs have caught up with us Baird had a stinker not really on expecting a 36 year old to still be playing at 9-30 pm on a Wednesday night to turn out on the Sat Then to put him up against Barrow probably the fastest winger in the division Always thought two games a week for the 30+ players would catch up with us Struggle now for playoffs won't putting any money on us 

I usually agree when fans get called out for being wrist slashers when they vent their spleen straight after such a result but I think the vast majority of the criticism is fair enough.

Im still very supportive of Rowett but he needs to reflect on some of his recent decisions. For me the comments on the fullback changes are spot on. Another issue is the personal we have at our disposal after the ins/outs following the recent window and how this is impacting our pressing game. Weimann seems to be the only player fit enough to keep pressing for any prolonged period of time. For all of his faults Russell had that 90 minute energy. Nugent was doing it earlier in the season but doesn’t look to have a full season of playing that type of game for a full season in his legs. Lawerence lacks tactical discipline off the ball. Palmer and Jerome haven’t got many games under their belt. Winnalls injury looks like it maybe season defining and has massively impacted our options to press with high intensity. Not all of that is GR’s or anybody else’s fault but at the start of the season much was made about the fitness and resilience of the team and how it had improved. The transfer window should have looked to have reinforced that but clearly has not. Throw that in with some poor selection decisions and it’s not difficult to see why were producing the current results and not looking like the fit, strong, resilient  and relentless team we were earlier in the season.

18 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Meaning Pride Park is a depressing place to watch your team play. The moaning and groaning to audible throughout.

Not in my experience. Must be where you sit. 

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I probably do exaggerate a little after the game but it’s the way we play. You can look at defensive errors (both fullbacks were ****) but the real issue lies in the fact we don’t push on when we score. You can call me up on it if we do somehow make it and I’ll be gladly proven wrong, but I can’t see us making it, we’ve had the form of a relegation team since Christmas. This isn’t a blip, it’s a collapse.

Again

We scored three times. How much pushing on do we need to do? Blame must be with the defence which has been **** in the last three games.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'm out and about so cant see the table. How many points will we finish on if we draw all of our remaining games? :lol: 

72. Maybe enough for a playoff place. 

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Today's game is not isolated, is it. Confidence, or lack of it, is not switched on and off at will. You only have to look at all the bitching on here to know it's going to be difficult for the players to play in front of such attitudes.

Some people on here seem to be just waiting for an error, a poor bit of play, a poor result etc, so they can come on here, tumescent at the opportunity to slag the players and manager. That's audible at matches.

Yes people are entitled to their opinions but there are consequences. With the right to express an opinion comes the responsibility of what that opinion might do.

Yes that’s what the problem is ? It was the fans singing and cheering them on today that resulted in us sitting back and inviting pressure on both occasions after going ahead.  

Funny how it’s not the fans fault when we are sitting second in the league, derby do not play in front of a hostile crowd, it’s something you find everywhere around the world, it’s also not the fans that pick the team, or sell and buy players.

1 minute ago, Seaside Ram said:

Chris Baird is absolutely ***** . Must NEVER play for Derby again 

We've gone the full circle. Baird in his first year for us got this treatment from the fans, and now he's back to this. He has one bad game, so he can never play for us again?

Archived