Sheffield Wednesday F.C. v Derby County F.C.

Boycie

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Does seem odd. Maybe he's said to Anya 'I'll only play ya if there's absolutely no-one else that can play there'?

Yes that's probably what has happened I think if Russell hadn't gone Anya would still not be playing Anya is inconsistent but no more so than Weimann Lawrence or Russell are 

51 minutes ago, Igorwasking said:

Or it could be he’d played two games after not playing all season, we had a game three days later, and Rowett was seeking fresh legs?

But why think like that when’s there’s a good conspiracy to be had?!

So yours is not a conspiracy theory sounds more like one than Roy Macs 

On the Anya front, i think rowett just thought Johnson would be stronger defensively and work better with Fozzy.

I think it was fairly harsh dropping both olsson and Anya, but rowett seemed to suggest he sees them as an attacking focused left side and foz brad as a strong defensive left side.

Either way, meh, lets just be sure to heat Leeds.

On 16/02/2018 at 13:32, Mistaram said:

Archied  I agree with all you have said except a couple of points Why were Ollson and Wisdom dropped they did nothing wrong against Norwich and afraid if you thought we could have won that match you never went to the same match as me First half we were shocking lucky to only be one down Second half they scored straight away and shut up shop We huffed and puffed but were never going to get anything from the game 

Would nt have dropped Ollsen myself ,, can easily see the Baird in for wisdom switch Baird seems amongs the best passers in the side when played ,he always seems capable of that great pass or cross that gets us a goal and is far less wasteful in terms of giving the ball away cheaply ,,, we could really do with a 28 year old Baird ,, again that’s just opinion and many will justifiabley argue that he lacks some of what wisdom brings ,, we have played worse created less number of chances and won 

40 minutes ago, archied said:

Would nt have dropped Ollsen myself ,, can easily see the Baird in for wisdom switch Baird seems amongs the best passers in the side when played ,he always seems capable of that great pass or cross that gets us a goal and is far less wasteful in terms of giving the ball away cheaply ,,, we could really do with a 28 year old Baird ,, again that’s just opinion and many will justifiabley argue that he lacks some of what wisdom brings ,, we have played worse created less number of chances and won 

Yes agree about Baird he has been very good for us this season but had a stinker at Sheffield but so did half the team 

10 hours ago, DRBee said:

Perhaps he doesn't think Anya can run fast enough ?

We only have one player that rowett has chosen/ brought in for the wing slots so far and he has not really shone yet ,, we know Lookman was a done deal until last minute better offer so it’s hard to judge there yet

I've had several abortive attempts to watch this.

It either keeps crashing or it just sends me to sleep.

From what i saw through one eye we looked very static, allowed wednesday to knock it about, and when we did get it,crudely hoofing it forward and looking for the second ball.

the quality of the football under gary is absolutely shocking at times. 

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

I've had several abortive attempts to watch this.

It either keeps crashing or it just sends me to sleep.

From what i saw through one eye we looked very static, allowed wednesday to knock it about, and when we did get it,crudely hoofing it forward and looking for the second ball.

the quality of the football under gary is absolutely shocking at times. 

I hope that as we slowly become Gary Rowetts team that this is not what he is building towards. 

We've had the sales patter about "transitioning through the thirds" but if in reality it's just a lump up to the big man followed by running the channels then 

- the chances of us being successful are reduced

- the crowds are not flooding back anytime soon.

We saw some of this early on but several posters advocated patience as the squad were still to understand Gary Rowetts instructions and style. I hope that he came out and said we hadn't played as he wanted us to  (I haven't listened to post match interview ).

Archived