Mark E. Smith R.I.P

JoetheRam

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Fall are genuinely one of my all-time favourite bands. Saw them loads of time and even when they were rubbish, they were still rubbish in a way that most bands couldn't even hope to achieve. The fact his last gig was in late November, performing from a wheelchair looking truly at death's door means this is not exactly a shock, but still not really taken in the fact that there will be no more Fall albums :(

He was a pretty obnoxious fella and had some deeply dodgy opinions, even though you knew a lot of it was done to wind people up. He'd have been popular on this forum (for a Man City fan).

And if you never saw him read the football results that time, you missed a treat! (Southampton Town indeed)

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

The Fall are genuinely one of my all-time favourite bands. Saw them loads of time and even when they were rubbish, they were still rubbish in a way that most bands couldn't even hope to achieve. The fact his last gig was in late November, performing from a wheelchair looking truly at death's door means this is not exactly a shock, but still not really taken in the fact that there will be no more Fall albums :(

He was a pretty obnoxious fella and had some deeply dodgy opinions, even though you knew a lot of it was done to wind people up. He'd have been popular on this forum (for a Man City fan).

And if you never saw him read the football results that time, you missed a treat! (Southampton Town indeed)

West Ham United... 1 haitch.

On 25/01/2018 at 11:24, StivePesley said:

Only saw The Fall live once, mid-80s. They were pretty rubbish, but now I look back on the gig they were indeed rubbish in a good way. 

RIP Mark. 

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

It's sad what British journalism has become. The Mirror printed this article that was literally just based on two tweets fron one of the ex-band members who attended the funeral. There wasn't even any attempt to investigate further details. It literally could have just been written by a twitter-scraping bot

Then the MEN have run the exact same article, but adding "it was reported in the Mirror"

E for effort

• 2 weeks later...

Archived