The Stoke Job: Paul Lambert appointed.

Day

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I stated on here in the Gary Rowett thread, Stoke is not a big attraction, been punching above there weight for years, Pulis and Hughes did a very good job at a very average championship size club, fans should be careful what they wish for, can see Stoke getting relegated this season, and returning to sub 20000, gates, like Hull have done, who is out there now to keep Stoke up. Could be a long hard season for them.

Stoke have done themselves in with the timing, sacking Hughes a week into the window was madness, the decision should have been made and executed last month to give the incoming manager time to assess the squad and have some input in the transfer window.

Targeting managers in comfortable jobs is ambitious given their position, signing players regardless won't look good either.

They have to be looking at the unemployed market, a manager that has nothing to lose taking it on.

I don't buy this not a big attraction, they are an established Premier League having a duff season and making terrible decisions. 

12 minutes ago, David said:

Stoke have done themselves in with the timing, sacking Hughes a week into the window was madness, the decision should have been made and executed last month to give the incoming manager time to assess the squad and have some input in the transfer window.

Targeting managers in comfortable jobs is ambitious given their position, signing players regardless won't look good either.

They have to be looking at the unemployed market, a manager that has nothing to lose taking it on.

I don't buy this not a big attraction, they are an established Premier League having a duff season and making terrible decisions. 

Stoke is an absolute shithole though. 

17 minutes ago, David said:

Stoke are a club on the downward spiral, they have had ten seasons dining at the top table,  there time is over, you will see,  they will be in the championship next season. Stoke are NOT a big club, they are a average Championship club in size. 

Just now, Derby blood said:

Stoke are a club on the downward spiral, they have had ten seasons dining at the top table,  there time is over, you will see,  they will be in the championship next season. Stoke are NOT a big club, they are a average Championship club in size. 

Not said Stoke are a big club, they are an established Premier League side though.

You could argue that last season they returned to where they are usually at after a brief spell of top 10 finishes, 

13th, 9th, 9th, 9th, 13th, 14th, 13th, 11th, 12th

They are also only 4pts off 13th, nowhere near a downward spiral yet, season isn't over until May. Have to get this appointment right though as these gaps are harder to close in the Premier League.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Not said Stoke are a big club, they are an established Premier League side though.

You could argue that last season they returned to where they are usually at after a brief spell of top 10 finishes, 

13th, 9th, 9th, 9th, 13th, 14th, 13th, 11th, 12th

They are also only 4pts off 13th, nowhere near a downward spiral yet, season isn't over until May. Have to get this appointment right though as these gaps are harder to close in the Premier League.

They have done really well, but I just feel there time is up, that's why I think they are having problems getting a top manager in, time will tell, but think there time is up, and to be honest with you, I will shed no tears if they are relagated, in fact I will hold a bloody party lol.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

I really, really, really hope they get relegated. Really!

Not all of them obviously but they've more than their fair share of nasty fans. If I lived there I'd support Port Vale or travel to watch Leek Town.

Fair share of vile fans

42 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

You wouldn't live in stoke though..get a nice place out in staffs Moorlands.

But yes, it'll likely be someone currently picking up their universal credit....

Fair enough but you'd still have to go there from time to time.

Imagine having to drag yourself out of bed of a morning thinking, 'I've got to go to Stoke today.'

Archived