Sheffield Wednesday season tickets.

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one comes out of it well. Fans shouldn't be asking for a refund anyway. No one is guaranteed anything other than a seat to see 23 games.

He's made himself look a **** *** by saying if you get a refund we dont want you back.

10 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Why would you ask for a refund then plan to return to get a new one for next season?

Very true,but the way it’s been taken by the Wendies(on the eve of the Sheffield Derby)is understandably not great.

It’s not just next season,it’s forever and includes club memberships.

1 hour ago, coneheadjohn said:

Very true,but the way it’s been taken by the Wendies(on the eve of the Sheffield Derby)is understandably not great.

It’s not just next season,it’s forever and includes club memberships.

I suppose it depends on who your gripe is with the club. Is it the owner, the players, the manager?

If its the owner and people are that disillusioned with him then they should take the refund and be prepared to sit and wait until said owner leaves the club and the new person lifts their ban. Its about your morals of what you see as acceptable and whether you are prepared to put money in to the club. 

I don't necessarily agree with the Wednesday's owners attitude, but fans can't grumble about the refund and ban if they aren't happy with him. As @Paul71 says, you pay your money but you are promised anything in return in terms of the football on the pitch.

43 minutes ago, Ramchester said:

I suppose it depends on who your gripe is with the club. Is it the owner, the players, the manager?

If its the owner and people are that disillusioned with him then they should take the refund and be prepared to sit and wait until said owner leaves the club and the new person lifts their ban. Its about your morals of what you see as acceptable and whether you are prepared to put money in to the club. 

I don't necessarily agree with the Wednesday's owners attitude, but fans can't grumble about the refund and ban if they aren't happy with him. As @Paul71 says, you pay your money but you are promised anything in return in terms of the football on the pitch.

Agree but it is a bit meh,perhaps he could have offered them a discount off next years?

Or do nothing and just get on with it.I think there’s been quite a bit of booing.

I can see the Blades smashing them on Friday

16 hours ago, Paul71 said:

No one comes out of it well. Fans shouldn't be asking for a refund anyway. No one is guaranteed anything other than a seat to see 23 games.

He's made himself look a **** *** by saying if you get a refund we dont want you back.

Absolutely. Clearly the club are nonsensical for even floating this idea but more pathetic are the actions of the fans. Nobody buys their season ticket on the proviso of success - of course, everyone wants it but no fan has any right to kick off if it isn't achieved. The stance of their fans is laughable and if they are prepared to ask for a refund they are effectively suggesting that they are only happy to support their side in good times. In which case, quite frankly, they don't deserve to go back.

Alas, career move has dictated that I no longer have a season ticket but if I asked the club for a refund every time we had a disappointing season I dread to think of the financial dire straights we'd be in now. Even Mel ain't that loaded. But that isn't the point of being a fan. Whatever next? Prawn sandwiches?

I get the impression the fan discontent isn’t just about performances. It’s a combination of high pricing, changing the tradional kits, passive aggressive statements from Chansiri about the fans and the general lack of understanding of football culture. There is also the recent CEO appointment and the comment that the club is going to be run purely as a business from now on.

Many fans are worried the club is about to be taken down the tubes; and gestures like this only add fuel to the fire. 

3 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Agree but it is a bit meh,perhaps he could have offered them a discount off next years?

Or do nothing and just get on with it.I think there’s been quite a bit of booing.

I can see the Blades smashing them on Friday

I used to live in Sheffield during my uni days and its funny how a two town team works with the shift in power. Wednesday for all their chat about being a bigger club and having the bragging rights the past few years for outperforming United, haven't been in the premier league for 18 years!

Always preferred United and Bramall Lane (despite Warnock being in charge whilst I was there) - always thought they were the more realistic and sensible fans. Always helped that Derby always seemingly did alright when we played both teams as well!

Saying that though, Wednesday fans should be careful what they wish for, I'm sure they wouldn't want a repeat of the Dave Allen days!!! (I see Napoleon's is closing down as well!)

18 hours ago, Paul71 said:

wish I got that guarantee on my South Western Railway season ticket........:lol:

41 minutes ago, Ramchester said:

I used to live in Sheffield during my uni days and its funny how a two town team works with the shift in power. Wednesday for all their chat about being a bigger club and having the bragging rights the past few years for outperforming United, haven't been in the premier league for 18 years!

Always preferred United and Bramall Lane (despite Warnock being in charge whilst I was there) - always thought they were the more realistic and sensible fans. Always helped that Derby always seemingly did alright when we played both teams as well!

Saying that though, Wednesday fans should be careful what they wish for, I'm sure they wouldn't want a repeat of the Dave Allen days!!! (I see Napoleon's is closing down as well!)

That’s a very good assessment and I fear that behind the scenes it is going to poo.

I think Dave Allen has just sold Chesterfield?

Archived