>> Man U / THE YARD <<

REDCAR

19 minutes ago, archied said:

I think Mel is very very aware as are most that football is now financed in the main through tv and moving forward live streaming , already ticket money in the prem is a drop in the ocean , I’m pretty sure Mel is very happy for those for whatever reason can’t or don’t want to go to football grounds to subscribe to rams tv no matter where they are ,,, do you really believe he is putting all the investment in for a small number of overseas rams???? 

Is it poss for anybody on this forum to ask Mel if in theory he could stream live to uk rams tv subscribers from tomorrow would he do it hypothetical question for Mel and DCFC,, pretty sure the slack created by those missing attending could be taken up by large numbers of live streamers who can’t go and also allow cheaper tickets to attend , I’m sure Mel would love to run with that and get the price points right ,

any forum members in a position to ask him that hypothetical question,,

In the Prem yes, but in the champ I think DCFC receive less than half of their T/O from TV revenue so it's more important to create revenue sources.

The risk is that the product becomes devalued, attendances drop and then the overall income is reduced. I know I have done less away games this season due to the ability to watch online and I bet there are people out there who have attended less home games due to this. The question is the total revenue but it's sad seeing an emptier Pride Park. The Jan 1st game should be a sell out, especially when we are sat second.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Yes maybe you're right.

But surely you can see that making this access available on the cheap for people who can't afford it also could make it tempting for people who can afford it and lead to loss of revenue.

Your theory that ticket income is somehow irrelevant to Championship clubs is massively misguided I'm afraid, in DCFC last accounts it amounted to 36% of our income. 

Firstly respect for debating and taking other opinions into account(doesn’t always happen on here) 

that said I can see some of your points too but as I say in my opinion it’s about getting pricing points right so it’s fair to as many as poss and doesn’t impact massively on gates ( there really is nothing better than being there) ,

but I still hold firm to the view that people paying the asking price for live streams are not ripping off the club 

1 minute ago, archied said:

Firstly respect for debating and taking other opinions into account(doesn’t always happen on here) 

that said I can see some of your points too but as I say in my opinion it’s about getting pricing points right so it’s fair to as many as poss and doesn’t impact massively on gates ( there really is nothing better than being there) ,

but I still hold firm to the view that people paying the asking price for live streams are not ripping off the club 

Agree with your second paragraph.

Third paragraph open to debate, and dependent on circumstances, I take your point on board.

47 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because I pay £500 for my season ticket which obviously goes towards signings/player wages etc and I dont see why someone else should get the benefit of watching them players for a much lower price than I am paying.

Someone on here used the same argument against disabled fans a few years ago, because their helpers 'get in for free', I think was the phrase used.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Because I pay £500 for my season ticket which obviously goes towards signings/player wages etc and I dont see why someone else should get the benefit of watching them players for a much lower price than I am paying.

Cheaper in south stand move there if you that bothered about people paying less than you.

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The point being?

Some people hate it when others get something - anything - cheaper than they do, irrespective of circumstances.

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

No one is forcing you to pay 500 for a season ticket...

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So I can get my season ticket cheaper then?

You can get one for nothing if you want...the only problem is you won’t actually get anything in return. 

It’s a choice, one which you are very fortunate to have and if you think it’s too expensive then don’t get one 

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

You can get one for nothing if you want...the only problem is you won’t actually get anything in return. 

It’s a choice, one which you are very fortunate to have and if you think it’s too expensive then don’t get one 

Don't remember saying that.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Don't remember saying that.

Nope you were just complaining about having to spend 500 when you “could” watch the game on your phone for nothing.  That is a free choice, you pay your money and get a ticket....I pay mine and get to watch it on a lap top, doesn’t make you a better person, more loyal fan than me, it’s just how it is 

20 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Nope you were just complaining about having to spend 500 when you “could” watch the game on your phone for nothing.  That is a free choice, you pay your money and get a ticket....I pay mine and get to watch it on a lap top, doesn’t make you a better person, more loyal fan than me, it’s just how it is 

No I wasn't complaining about that at all. 

At least read what I am saying if you are going to challenge me.

Nowhere have I even mentioned loyalty of fans or anything so have no idea what you are harping on about.

2 hours ago, archied said:

I think Mel is very very aware as are most that football is now financed in the main through tv and moving forward live streaming , already ticket money in the prem is a drop in the ocean , I’m pretty sure Mel is very happy for those for whatever reason can’t or don’t want to go to football grounds to subscribe to rams tv no matter where they are ,,, do you really believe he is putting all the investment in for a small number of overseas rams???? 

Is it poss for anybody on this forum to ask Mel if in theory he could stream live to uk rams tv subscribers from tomorrow would he do it hypothetical question for Mel and DCFC,, pretty sure the slack created by those missing attending could be taken up by large numbers of live streamers who can’t go and also allow cheaper tickets to attend , I’m sure Mel would love to run with that and get the price points right ,

any forum members in a position to ask him that hypothetical question,,

I think the club already have some idea what the fans think about live streaming. I remember, not so long back, completing a survey online which included questions relating to how much I would be prepared to pay for home and/or away games on individual or season long basis. 

There is no right or wrong way to watch Derby County Football Club. It's all about having as many options, as many choices to suit all the different needs of Derby County Football Club fans and Mel and all the staff at Derby County Football Club are doing their very best to try and meet every different need we all have and I for one are very thankful for the great work they are doing and it does keep on improving. Extraordinary people at our wonderful football club which I'm proud to be part of  by being a supporter.

Archived