Chris Evans

Day

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TBF he didnt do that badly with recruitment.

U23s promoted with Santos, Mitchell, Ross, Calero and Mcdonald - all Evans recommedations.

First teamers such as Carson, Baird, Johnson, Vydra, Nugent are now establised key players. Didnt he also bring in Thorne and Wisdom on loan?

Bar the odd Shackell (who was decent in his first season before injury), Butterfield and Anya, his signings havent been THAT bad.

19 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I thought we had McClaren junior in charge of recruitment.

Possibly we're trying to shift so many people out that he's coming in over January to help get those deals over the line?

Does seem a strange one though. Maybe we should also get Sam back in as extra cover?

I cant remember what Mel said exactly but on the fans forum i viewed the other night I thought McClaren junior was now involved in Recruiting local talent ONLY for the Academy teams

I believe he is working WITH the club like an agent (not for the club, he's not employed as a member of staff). Partly looking at who might be available on loan etc (not making decisions just searching out availability etc) but primarily he's there to try and drum up some interest and negotiate some deals for patential outgoings 

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

U23s promoted with Santos, Mitchell, Ross, Calero and Mcdonald - all Evans recommedations.

First teamers such as Carson, Baird, Johnson, Vydra, Nugent are now establised key players. Didnt he also bring in Thorne and Wisdom on loan?

Bar the odd Shackell (who was decent in his first season before injury), Butterfield and Anya, his signings havent been THAT bad.

Evans wasnt responsible for SIGNING anyone? Surely. I notice you used the word recommendations on the first part of your message which would be closer to the truth

3 hours ago, Papahet said:

Vydra nothing to do with Evans was he?  A Pearson signing. 

4 hours ago, Papahet said:

And none of the youngsters have made it. So were they any good ?

9 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

And none of the youngsters have made it. So were they any good ?

Mitchell has.

Besides I get why people look to judge an academy based on players getting into the first team but by that basis 95% of academies are unsuccessful 95% of the time.

3 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

It really sounds odd. Maybe some of them don't, for example, Shacks or Bent.

They all probably have agents, but don’t forget he will be acting for the player, trying to get him more money

weve got to have an agent to hopefully get us the best deal - more money 

some of these players will happily sit around seeing their contract out, as they may not get as good pay somewhere else 

2 minutes ago, FrostedRam said:

They all probably have agents, but don’t forget he will be acting for the player, trying to get him more money

weve got to have an agent to hopefully get us the best deal - more money 

some of these players will happily sit around seeing their contract out, as they may not get as good pay somewhere else 

Oh yeah, he could be our "agent". Part-time Director of Football taking care of sales and promoting players. Filling the role where we don't have anyone.

Archived