Christmas rituals

dog

We put the decorative Christmas themed stuff up and then begin

First we watch Love Actually  (tonight. Hello Aurellia)

Tomorrow will be The Holiday 

Following night will be It's a wonderful Life

After a huge walk with the hound we then host the in laws

Christmas eve is a Polish extravaganza of umpteen courses

And so it goes

AAnyone else all ritualistic? 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, dog said:

And so it goes

Last thing Christmas Eve, once thawed out, I always end up stuffing the bird ;):p

22 hours ago, dog said:

And so it goes

Hope you are not eating Carp?

15 hours ago, Moist One said:

I spend the whole time trying to fight off the feeling of loneliness and sadness. That's my ritual.

Jump on a plane, head for the nearest bar, I know a few people that have done it to avoid Christmas alone, flown out by themselves and had a great time meeting others that would have also been alone. 

Only had 2 which were tough myself so pretty lucky, turned down invites on those so not to feel like a sympathy case getting in the way of others.

Avoid social media, have a Netflix day, bang out a series and before you know it the footballs back on and pubs are open.

Won't feel it and an awful cliche but theres a **** ton of people out there that are worse off, a day to look at what you do have rather than the don'ts which isn't easy I know.

Christmas do - get smashed, attempt to avoid saying anything likely to get you fired, wake up praying you've not stuck it in anyone you have to talk to on a daily basis, get stories straight with anyone who can remember anything. Write off the rest of the weekend. Keep head down on Monday after discovering you threw a Pannatone at one of the MD's and used a can of squirty cream to spell out "Tina takes it up the arse" on one of the bathroom mirrors.

Last day of work - Christmas quiz, answer 3 emails all day, several pints with the office closed from 2pm.

Weekend - panic buy/find in house a few items that could be described as gifts for a couple of people who you don't mind having in your life.

Christmas Eve - all dayer with lads you don't see enough of. You'll make vague plans to see more of eachother. Each year the numbers grow smaller as your friends marry off and have kids.

Christmas Day - round to the parents', eat everything in sight, play Monopoly, watch Home Alone/Zulu/Great Escape/Die Hard. Fall asleep with a half empty glass of Port in your hand.

Boxing Day - Football, left over sarnies.

27-30th - Finish leftovers. Attempt to not contract gout.

31st - House party, find a girl to nob, if unsuccessful start a fight with your best mate in the back garden. Do all that is necessary to avoid Jools Holland. Refuse to leave until 4am even though the party peaked 3 hours ago.

1st - swear to yourself that you'll sort your life out, and that you'll not drink until February.

9th January - having seen your bank account, you spy an unopened bottle of £3.45 unbranded vodka in the back of the cupboard and state that New Year Resolutions are bullsh*t.

15 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Christmas do - get smashed, attempt to avoid saying anything likely to get you fired, wake up praying you've not stuck it in anyone you have to talk to on a daily basis, get stories straight with anyone who can remember anything. Write off the rest of the weekend. Keep head down on Monday after discovering you threw a Pannatone at one of the MD's and used a can of squirty cream to spell out "Tina takes it up the arse" on one of the bathroom mirrors.

Last day of work - Christmas quiz, answer 3 emails all day, several pints with the office closed from 2pm.

Weekend - panic buy/find in house a few items that could be described as gifts for a couple of people who you don't mind having in your life.

Christmas Eve - all dayer with lads you don't see enough of. You'll make vague plans to see more of eachother. Each year the numbers grow smaller as your friends marry off and have kids.

Christmas Day - round to the parents', eat everything in sight, play Monopoly, watch Home Alone/Zulu/Great Escape/Die Hard. Fall asleep with a half empty glass of Port in your hand.

31st - House party, find a girl to nob, if unsuccessful start a fight with your best mate in the back garden. Do all that is necessary to avoid Jools Holland. Refuse to leave until 4am even though the party peaked 3 hours ago.

1st - swear to yourself that you'll sort your life out, and that you'll not drink until February.

9th January - having seen your bank account, you spy an unopened bottle of £3.45 unbranded vodka in the back of the cupboard and state that New Year Resolutions are bullsh*t.

Late contender for post of the year!

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 22:13, dog said:

And so it goes

Blimey that sounds like a belter. Hope you're having the Polish tradition of keeping a seat spare (ask Babciu ;-) )

Having spent 15 years in Warsaw I'll be making my own pierogi this year for the first time of asking, just moved into a cracking little cottage in the country and 'll be knocking up 6 out of the 7 courses... I'll be stopping short at the carp though ;-)

Smacznego I Wesolych swiat dla wszystkich :-)

25 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I didn't realise there was such a large Polish influence amongst us males on the board.

Can't think why ;-) 

Must be the food :-)

Food

Alcohol

Women

The country itself

The history

The language (was that all your own work or Google translate? Fantastic job if you didn't cheat, it had grammar in it and everything)

1 hour ago, JoetheRam said:

Pure genius, even more as it's been true too often for too many of us.

Hat doffed.

Merry Christmas pal :-)

37 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Blimey that sounds like a belter. Hope you're having the Polish tradition of keeping a seat spare (ask Babciu ;-) )

Having spent 15 years in Warsaw I'll be making my own pierogi this year for the first time of asking, just moved into a cracking little cottage in the country and 'll be knocking up 6 out of the 7 courses... I'll be stopping short at the carp though ;-)

Smacznego I Wesolych swiat dla wszystkich :-)

Uszka you mean surely, not perogi?

Perogi are for boxing day, stuffed with minced turkey and potato and fried with bacon bits, served with brown sauce!

Umm!

Archived