Christmas Dinner - What’s on your plate this year?

Day

Christmas Dinner  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, David said:

How many times have you eaten turkey this year so far?

A few times but not as many as other meats but thats more down to practicality, turkey is a big bird and not really practical for 2 for a sunday dinner.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Paul71 said:

A few times but not as many as other meats but thats more down to practicality, turkey is a big bird and not really practical for 2 for a sunday dinner.

Down to taste you mean.

If turkey was this great tasting bird people would eat it all year round, you can buy small turkeys, they are not all oven busters. 

Me and the missus can't eat a full chicken between us in one sitting, we have the left overs either later or the next day. 

Nobody does that with turkey, why?

It's a once a year tradition that people feel obliged to keep up. 

5 minutes ago, David said:

Down to taste you mean.

If turkey was this great tasting bird people would eat it all year round, you can buy small turkeys, they are not all oven busters. 

Me and the missus can't eat a full chicken between us in one sitting, we have the left overs either later or the next day. 

Nobody does that with turkey, why?

It's a once a year tradition that people feel obliged to keep up. 

I honestly like the taste, its down to personal choice of course. I had turkey at the exeter arms in derby saturday night and it was lovely.

8 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I honestly like the taste, its down to personal choice of course. I had turkey at the exeter arms in derby saturday night and it was lovely.

Would usually agree, personal tastes, each to their own. But this is turkey not Marmite.

I will be sparing a thought on Christmas Day for all you traditionalists as I enjoy my succulent chicken. 

13 hours ago, David said:

Me and the missus can't eat a full chicken between us in one sitting

My former housemate used to eat whole chickens as meals. He would roast it then pull off all the greasy skin, roll it into a ball and pop it in his mouth, then proceed to eat the rest of the chicken down to the bones. He was a disgusting pig.

I agree though, turkey is infinitely inferior to chicken. I'll be cooking 2 chickens on Christmas day instead of the dry bird.

On 18/12/2017 at 08:35, David said:

Would usually agree, personal tastes, each to their own. But this is turkey not Marmite.

I will be sparing a thought on Christmas Day for all you traditionalists as I enjoy my succulent chicken. 

The chicken industry thanks you for your continued support. Loyal supporter!

I'm having turkey because it's free.

3 hours ago, GboroRam said:

The chicken industry thanks you for your continued support. Loyal supporter!

I'm having turkey because it's free.

sorry to upset you but when it says free range it doesn't mean it is free, you risk getting arrested if you just walk out of Tesco's with one without paying.

Archived