Smart home security.

Rev

I just wondered if anyone out there has fitted a smart home security system, and if so how do you find it?

I've got a Yale system atm, which is becoming a bit temperamental and doing weird things, so I'm thinking of supplementing it with something else, that we can control from a mobile.

Don't need to control the heating remotely, but would like to see who's approaching the door, a few door contacts, maybe some smart bulbs and a indoor camera, possibly a remote front door lock etc.

Seems loads of choice out there, don't want to be left with a system I can't upgrade as and when, anyone recommend which system to go with, or what features to look for?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I just wondered if anyone out there has fitted a smart home security system, and if so how do you find it?

I've got a Yale system atm, which is becoming a bit temperamental and doing weird things, so I'm thinking of supplementing it with something else, that we can control from a mobile.

Don't need to control the heating remotely, but would like to see who's approaching the door, a few door contacts, maybe some smart bulbs and a indoor camera, possibly a remote front door lock etc.

Seems loads of choice out there, don't want to be left with a system I can't upgrade as and when, anyone recommend which system to go with, or what features to look for?

Just move out of Nottingham.

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Not sure what you are on about but I am fairly confident that while ever the chap next door lives next to me I can leave my door open while I go on holiday and he would know if anyone has been near my house.

Just now, Boycie said:

They make people think you’re in, when in fact you’re in anyway being a lazy get.

That’s true. There is a security side to it, just not one that I use. Timers, manual control, whilst away from home, all possible. 

Main reason I got ours was to dim and change colours though, just a bonus you don’t have to get up to turn the lights on/off

25 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I’ve got cameras round the outside that I can view on my phone,is that Smart?

2 big dogs inside.

Stick one inside just above your front or back door and you’ll be able to laugh about how quick a burglar tries to get out when they come face to face with the aforementioned big dogs. :thumbsup:

22 hours ago, Boycie said:

You can see the people breaking in now. ?

We had a wing mirror knocked off our car at the weekend. It was parked opposite a house that has a CCTV camera. I asked the neighbour if they had caught any footage of the incident and they said no – because  it is pointed directly at their driveway not the road.

They went on to say that they had a brick thrown through their car windscreen a few months back and they did catch that on CCTV but you couldn't see the face of the perpetrator. Great job CCTV!

Archived