U23’s v Leicester City

Day

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the stream and noticed that they played Intro by the XX as the players were walking out of the tunnel, which was the song I suggested in the thread a while back and also emailed to DCFC when they were asking. Completely forgot about it so that was nice to hear and made me smile.

Good to see them taking suggestions seriously. Don't remember hearing it at the home games I've been to this season or on the streams before but I've not really been listening out for it

5 minutes ago, JupiterRam said:

Watching the stream and noticed that they played Intro by the XX as the players were walking out of the tunnel, which was the song I suggested in the thread a while back and also emailed to DCFC when they were asking. Completely forgot about it so that was nice to hear and made me smile.

Good to see them taking suggestions seriously. Don't remember hearing it at the home games I've been to this season or on the streams before but I've not really been listening out for it

You appear to be over the moon Jupiter.

Felt a bit sorry for the youngsters there,as circumstances meant they weren't really able to build on the momentum gained in a great display against WHU. Ok,I get that Luke wouldn't have been available,but much as a livewire that lad's been,I actually thought that Zanzala's powerful,intelligent running was the catalyst for that performance.

After 70 odd minutes Callum Guy played a peach of a ball to .....Zanzala,but unfortunately it was to an un(match)fit Benty. Cue a ticking off for Guy from the commentator. Later on Guy was protecting the ball with his back to goal,well inside his own half...cue commentator saying that he had to pass the ball quickly (to who,exactly?). He turned and played a decent ball to one of our lads. Perhaps weather updates aren't such a bad option after all.

Poor performance tonight, but mainly down to the fact Bent was playing instead of Zanzala.

Anya did plenty of running but did nothing that would make GR think about giving him a place in the 1st team squad and if Thomas hadn't been in the squad for tomorrow, he probably wouldn't have got a look in tonight.

Guy was probably the best Derby player out there tonight with Bogle running him a close 2nd.

Zanzala had his track suit off 3 times before he finally came on and we were all hoping it was for Bent, who did nothing.

Don't know if many of you watched the game tonight. I was there, it was bloomin' freezing!  

Callum Guy easily MOTM for me. Got stuck in, good winner of the ball and in the main moved it on quickly and well. Obviously the imposed forward line and our lack of two good players in Thomas and Vernam made a difference.  I thought we played neat football up to the edge of the area but lacked both understanding and match fitness in the final third.

Young Jayden Bogle played well first half and was involved in a lot of attacking play. He's probably a bit less effective defensively than Stabana but I like him. Where was Wassall? We missed him. 

Really Leicester managed the game well. Their first came against the run of play and to get their second early in the second half killed the game as a contest. They were a tall team and quite physical too compared to most at this level. 

I hope that the players don't lose heart from the performance tonight as it wasn't really a full team with an experienced but unfit forward line. 

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Don't know if many of you watched the game tonight. I was there, it was bloomin' freezing!  

Callum Guy easily MOTM for me. Got stuck in, good winner of the ball and in the main moved it on quickly and well. Obviously the imposed forward line and our lack of two good players in Thomas and Vernam made a difference.  I thought we played neat football up to the edge of the area but lacked both understanding and match fitness in the final third.

Young Jayden Bogle played well first half and was involved in a lot of attacking play. He's probably a bit less effective defensively than Stabana but I like him. Where was Wassall? We missed him. 

Really Leicester managed the game well. Their first came against the run of play and to get their second early in the second half killed the game as a contest. They were a tall team and quite physical too compared to most at this level. 

I hope that the players don't lose heart from the performance tonight as it wasn't really a full team with an experienced but unfit forward line. 

Yes,Angie,I'd forgotten about Charles,who was also impressive against WHU.If you take him,Luke and Offrande out of that side,you're losing a heck of a lot of sharp movement up top.Not a dig at the likes of Mason and Benty,because if they were sharp,there'd have been no need to play them for the U23s.

Due to my ongoing speed issues (no,not that kind) I wasn't able to catch the first hour or so,but I wasn't as disappointed as I might otherwise have been because,having seen the line up,I half expected a bit of a disjointed performance, instead of the kind of vibrant display the lads had evolved into over the course of the season.

PS. You were at least lucky you didn't have to endure the commentary (I think I'd have preferred to be freezing).Can't remember if it was just before,or just after,he gave Callum a ticking off,Anya had the ball on the right and played a shocking short ball inside (I even think he played a bad short ball before this),and the ball somehow rebounded to him on the touch line.I think the comment was 'Anya's done well there'. Ye Gods.

Archived