Who When Where What

loweman2

When I went to see Alan Durban a couple of weeks ago aswell as giving me the club blazer fro 1971-72 he gave me a load of old Derby County photos, one of which is below, I only just fished it out to have a closer look.

its from a very important match in our history and has some interesting anomalies and fact around it.

so who was it against.

when was it played

where was it played.

what was the significance of the result

what was odd about the game

Alan Jacket_0001.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

When I went to see Alan Durban a couple of weeks ago aswell as giving me the club blazer fro 1971-72 he gave me a load of old Derby County photos, one of which is below, I only just fished it out to have a closer look.

its from a very important match in our history and has some interesting anomalies and fact around it.

so who was it against.     Millwall 

when was it played        Don’t know without google, but probably 1968

where was it played.       The Den

what was the significance of the result     Did it secure promotion to div 1?

what was odd about the game          Derby had to wear Millwall’s second strip due to colour clashing 

Alan Jacket_0001.jpg

24 minutes ago, richinspain said:

so who was it against.     Millwall 

when was it played        Don’t know without google, but probably 1968

where was it played.       The Den

what was the significance of the result     Did it secure promotion to div 1?

what was odd about the game          Derby had to wear Millwall’s second strip due to colour clashing 

Well done rich, near enough son, 

yes it was the game where the Rams clinched the second division title as champions and promotion to the promised land,

Derby wore Millwalls red away shirts and it was 12th April 1969, promotion had been secured the week before hence the "guard of honour" from the Millwall players.

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

Haven't a clue I'm not old enough to know. Trouble is that's becoming less of an excuse these days!

as a club with only a few important achievements its important to know them, problem is these days that we look less and less likely to win bugger all in the next 50 years so we have to know what happened in the last 50 years to tell our kids !!

And before anybody says its not living in the past its knowing our proud heritage ! 

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

I seem to remember us playing in a red away kit v Blackpool in the FA Cup circa 1978/79. Myind's eye has an image of Derek Hales in Umbro short sleeves with unfilled white Umbro diamonds down the edge. White shorts. 

Think I posted that one up here.

Archived