Fully deserved

Pearson

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their support is amazing, any club should be jealous of their fans passion.

However their sectarian element (and Rangers), is totally disgusting and can tarnish the whole club.

Potentially a huge club, atrophying in a league that's too small for them, like Benfica or Ajax in that respect.

1 hour ago, DEL said:

Oh hi David. 

12 fines in 6 years for bad behaviour yet they win the award. Embarrassing. 

It wasn’t an award for best fans over a period of time, but for one game which they put on a full stadium Lisbon Lions display.

The home fans songsheet has completely changed. It did used to be an IRA lovefest, however, credit where credits due, the green brigade looked to have come up with original chants and songs that celebrate their team. 

The away fans however.......... but what club doesn't have idiots in their away following? 

Interestingly, the change of songs at home almost coincided with Rangers going bust, so as Rangers will undoubtedly get stronger through the years we will see if we return to the sectarian bad old days. 

6 hours ago, Highgate said:

Their support is amazing, any club should be jealous of their fans passion.

However their sectarian element (and Rangers), is totally disgusting and can tarnish the whole club.

Potentially a huge club, atrophying in a league that's too small for them, like Benfica or Ajax in that respect.

Yep agree. Why an element of support takes on this political stance is beyond me and I don’t agree with it. I appreciate that from a historical context Celtic should maintain their historic connections and from where they originated, but the flying of Palestine flags/left wing politics etc has no place in football.

Comical really, the political wing at Celtic fly a Palestine flag and Rangers respond with Israeli flags, but there you go.

I will say that the vast majority of Celtic fans are magnificent and deserve any award going. On my rare trips up, brilliant to be around.

Anyway not just I, on the last trip away:-

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-fans-hailed-munich-police-11379279

Archived