Is being a Youtube regular viewer considered Nerdy

JG400

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, rynny said:

My 8 and 5 year olds watch gamers on youtube. I don't get it personally, why watch someone playing a game that they have and can just play it themselves?

The main reasons I watch these type of youtube videos

1. I find them more informative than reviews, as with the right youtuber you get a decent feel for the game
  2. I get to see some classic retro games that may not play on my PC due to compatibility issues
  3. Some are just plain good as watchable entertainment ,  channels Projared (is) and Noah Antwiler (was) particularly good at this type of video

I watch almost no TV and a lot of Youtube these days. Subscribe to a lot of channels that distribute good content, everything from fishkeeping to car maintenance to financial affairs. Watching people come up with things and do things and describing how they do it is enough to inspire others lacking in such imagination to actually get off their arse and do it...works for me. I don't watch much crap though (in my view), it has to be something which educates me in an area of interest or hobby. I can't actually remember the last time my TV was on..perhaps England vs Iceland!

21 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

I hope it comes off - you should definitely do it. Out of interest would you have turned it down if it was a media outlet that carried advertising from the gambling industry?

I would do it, I've got no qualms with the gambling industry whatsoever. Sure there's plenty more they can do, but I don't see them as evil etc as some folk would lead you to believe..... but these folk who blame everything else but themselves still gamble.... that's why I always say responsibility is key.... sorry to digress on thread guys. So passionate about this and the messages out there. Just hope I get this chance to show there's many positive stories out there, they just need a voice to show it. 

I don't watch any TV other than when Derby are on, which I watch at other peoples houses. I don't have a TV licence and if I didn't watch DVDs on it I may as well get rid of my TV. Amazon Prime and Youtube are the only things you need.

On 10/10/2017 at 09:51, rynny said:

My 8 and 5 year olds watch gamers on youtube. I don't get it personally, why watch someone playing a game that they have and can just play it themselves?

You are on this forum, because you watch football. Why would you want to watch a load of other people playing football when you could just grab a ball and play yourself? 

My lad spends too much time on YouTube.  He makes videos, hundreds of them where he is playing some game or another and hardly anyone views them, but that doesn't deter him one bit.  i try to tell myself he is doing something creative,

He is very shy but not on YouTube, is afraid to dance but not on YouTube.  He's expressing himself at least.

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

I don't watch any TV other than when Derby are on, which I watch at other peoples houses. I don't have a TV licence and if I didn't watch DVDs on it I may as well get rid of my TV. Amazon Prime and Youtube are the only things you need.

You are on this forum, because you watch football. Why would you want to watch a load of other people playing football when you could just grab a ball and play yourself? 

Because I need other people to be able to play football and I don't have any friends :(

Archived