Elsnik enjoying his time at Swindon

oldtimeram

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Worrying that he thinks the u23s is more technical and Swindon is more about win at all costs, although I guess a bit of that sort of spirit would not go amiss in our squad!

Surely that is the exact difference between the two leagues?

“I’m enjoying it and definitely settling in well,’’ he said. “The group of lads is amazing, the coaching staff, everything is working fine.

“I’m finding it good to be involved playing games, that’s why I came here to help the team.’’

Partnering James Dunne in the centre of midfield, Elsnik has impressed in his five appearances to date, not a bad achievement considering he has yet to make a senior appearance for his parent club.

“It’s more physical, that’s the main bit,” he said of League Two.

“In the U23s, it’s more technical and nice to watch. Here, you play for results and you play for points so it doesn’t matter how you get the win as long as you get it.

“Me and Dunney have a very important part in defence as well, sitting in front of the back four you can’t let them break us because then they are on our back four.

“He (Dunne) is very vocal and he’s like a leader on the pitch. He’s going to tell everyone where to move and it helps you as a player to have someone like that.’’

A fresh-faced League Two performer he may be, but Elsnik is in no doubt over the ambitions of his temporary employers.

“When they told me about the loan to Swindon, they said ‘top side, they’re going to be aiming for promotion’, and I think with the talent we have it’s a realistic goal,’’ he added.

“We’re aiming to get performances right and I think we’re on a good run (with) three wins out of four. Every game is winnable here and we’re just going to go for three points every single time.’’

Player development right there, exactly what he needs, exactly what any young player tootling around the U23's needs.

Don't be angry he's in a Swindon shirt, be grateful he's in a Swindon shirt as he could have ended up somewhere warming a bench, wasting a year. 

Getting booted up the arse, fans moaning and groaning will prepare him for first team football at Derby.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Player development right there, exactly what he needs, exactly what any young player tootling around the U23's needs.

Don't be angry he's in a Swindon shirt, be grateful he's in a Swindon shirt as he could have ended up somewhere warming a bench, wasting a year. 

Getting booted up the arse, fans moaning and groaning will prepare him for first team football at Derby.

He was already ready for first team at Derby. 

This lad is the real deal. 

Just now, curtains said:

He was already ready for first team at Derby. 

This lad is the real deal. 

You think that, but you don't know that.

Clearly the staff at the club thought it was best to send him out on loan for a season, right or wrong it can't be proven either way.

You've seen plenty of the U23's, it's nowhere near the same level as first team football is it? Callum Ball was an absolute beast down there, only had to look at the ball to stick it in the net. Where is he now, Dog and Duck isn't he?

Not just Derby but how many players at that level actually make it to a decent level, how many end up in non league, league 2. 

He wouldn't be the first real deal to fail to live up to the hype.

2 minutes ago, David said:

You think that, but you don't know that.

Clearly the staff at the club thought it was best to send him out on loan for a season, right or wrong it can't be proven either way.

You've seen plenty of the U23's, it's nowhere near the same level as first team football is it? Callum Ball was an absolute beast down there, only had to look at the ball to stick it in the net. Where is he now, Dog and Duck isn't he?

Not just Derby but how many players at that level actually make it to a decent level, how many end up in non league, league 2. 

He wouldn't be the first real deal to fail to live up to the hype.

Was never sure about  Callum Ball but B4 was.  

How long have I been banging on about Timi Elsnik . 

Gary and Darren should have tried him more in the first 11 but hey ho he's at Swindon for a season and that will develop him but I thought he could have done a job for Derby this season. 

54 minutes ago, David said:

Will it really improve him?

Or just prove he's at least League 2 standard? 

1 minute ago, cannable said:

Will it really improve him?

Or just prove he's at least League 2 standard? 

If it doesn't you should either be worried or over the moon we have a machine, he might not improve in terms of ability on the pitch, improvements you would hope are more mental.

From going to games playing in front of a handful of fans to a few thousand baying for blood, can you still perform in that kind of environment? You see experienced pros still talk about the effect fans can have on their performances so you don't ever become immune to it.

30k will be an even bigger step up, he won't come back the finished product, far from it, but the experience from being part of a competitive side for a full season must improve you as a player surely.

The U23's play for points but it's nowhere near the same, not going to come home at night to see hundreds of fans calling him a useless t**** when we lose. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

If it doesn't you should either be worried or over the moon we have a machine, he might not improve in terms of ability on the pitch, improvements you would hope are more mental.

From going to games playing in front of a handful of fans to a few thousand baying for blood, can you still perform in that kind of environment? You see experienced pros still talk about the effect fans can have on their performances so you don't ever become immune to it.

30k will be an even bigger step up, he won't come back the finished product, far from it, but the experience from being part of a competitive side for a full season must improve you as a player surely.

The U23's play for points but it's nowhere near the same, not going to come home at night to see hundreds of fans calling him a useless t**** when we lose. 

So cynical David 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Just think Derby fans sometimes get a bad press .

I don't think we're any worse than other clubs, it's just that we're wrapped up in our own little world of self importance, believing that the football world watches on and sniggers at every defeat, missed signing and sacking.

Go take a look at Owlstalk.....anyone would think Sheff Utd just relegated them to non league football. 

Loans are only any use if they serve to develop the player to the first teams style/standard. 

All those shunning league two football are the same ones complaining that our midfield has no bite. If there one thing lower league football can teach a player is how to hold their own against the bigger and stronger players. Whether we like it or not the current first team is being developed to be tougher rather than good to watch, and Elsnik would not fit into that. Half a season/full season playing regularly in a league as rough and tough as that will bring him back a much better player. 

Archived