Forest at Home

rammieib

Just now, rammieib said:

Absolutely - The Hull pricing is excellent. (There you go - a positive point!)

However - as you're moaning at me for moaning, rather than agreeing with the point in question, maybe that price is acceptable. (For the record - I have a ST and always will do). I'd just like to go each week to a full stadium.

Five different home matches on the website - all five have a different 'price from'. I can't see the Forest ticket prices in other areas of the ground. I'd be interested if a home member could post what an East stand upper ticket is costing and then see if people are still happy

I wasnt moaning at you, I was agreeing with you...as you said on another thread 'theres always one' ?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Absolutely - The Hull pricing is excellent. (There you go - a positive point!)

However - as you're moaning at me for moaning, rather than agreeing with the point in question, maybe that price is acceptable. (For the record - I have a ST and always will do). I'd just like to go each week to a full stadium.

Five different home matches on the website - all five have a different 'price from'. I can't see the Forest ticket prices in other areas of the ground. I'd be interested if a home member could post what an East stand upper ticket is costing and then see if people are still happy?

Well you'll know that itll be full or very near full at the forest game as per usual, so all's good.

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Football in general is way too expensive. To pick this match out as an example that prices are too high is bizarre.

Rather than £15 for Hull and £35 for Forest, I would much prefer £20 for both games, after all youre paying for the same seat.

Of course you'd prefer £20 for both when the average price is £25... :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Well you'll know that itll be full or very near full at the forest game as per usual, so all's good.

I actually don't think it will be this time. I think it'll be 30-31k, which may be deemed as acceptable by the club and 'total revenue' may be more than a full house at £25 a ticket. If we are in the play-offs though that will help. When a team is successful, pricing has less of an impact.

Around 5000 left for Friday night - I imagine another 2,000 will go before Friday/walk ups and I guess Hull will bring 1500-2000 (Based on recent good form, low pricing, and new player excitement for them) so we could be looking at 27-28k on Friday which I actually think is pretty good.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just out of interest is the policy in place that walk up tickets will never be cheaper than the season ticket price?

Seem to remember in previous years being sent a breakdown of what each match was priced at as part of the season ticket price...or did I dream that?

You didn't dream it, I think they let us know how much each match category was priced i.e.  Gold/Silver/Bronze etc

2 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Of course you'd prefer £20 for both when the average price is £25... :thumbsup:

I was going to put £25 but think that is still too high.

My season ticket equates to about £20 per match so I would be happy to see everyone charged that price.

Not everyone can afford season tickets so I think its harsh to penalise them with higher walk up prices.

If fans are like me then they are much more price sensitive these days. 2 weeks ago I woke up and decided I would go to Bolton away. Saw the price was £32 and decided against it, not because I could not afford it, just because I found the price insulting.

This is simply Supply & Demand. 

The demand for Forest tickets will be much greater, meaning the club can charge what ever they like in theory (within reason hopefully) as they know they will sell. 

Hull at home on a more than likely cold and wet Friday night isn't really the most attractive of prospects so they've quite rightly lowered their prices. 

I'd be more concerned with the price of parking around the ground which seems to be continuously rising every season .

On the subject of tickets to a home match, is it possible to buy tickets at the gate? As I live in Brisbane, I emailed the club last year to see if I could buy a ticket to a home match and was told I'd have to buy a season membership, so I ended up having to buy one to the Fulham away game instead ( highlight of my trip ).It looks like I'll be in Derby for the Sunderland home game next year and I'd give my left nut to get to a home game.

23 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

On the subject of tickets to a home match, is it possible to buy tickets at the gate? As I live in Brisbane, I emailed the club last year to see if I could buy a ticket to a home match and was told I'd have to buy a season membership, so I ended up having to buy one to the Fulham away game instead ( highlight of my trip ).It looks like I'll be in Derby for the Sunderland home game next year and I'd give my left nut to get to a home game.

As far as I'm aware that's wrong. You shouldn't need any membership. Just a customer number. It shouldn't cost anything to get that. 

Just now, ketteringram said:

As far as I'm aware that's wrong. You shouldn't need any membership. Just a customer number. It shouldn't cost anything to get that. 

Was just about to say the same thing @Stagtime, don't see why you shouldn't just be able to register for a customer number (free) and buy your tickets, using print@home facility if necessary.

7 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Was just about to say the same thing @Stagtime, don't see why you shouldn't just be able to register for a customer number (free) and buy your tickets, using print@home facility if necessary.

Pretty sure I got a customer number when I bought the away tickets. Thanks for the info KR & SP. To be fair to the club, it was the forest home game when I was in town.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I was going to put £25 but think that is still too high.

My season ticket equates to about £20 per match so I would be happy to see everyone charged that price.

Not everyone can afford season tickets so I think its harsh to penalise them with higher walk up prices.

If fans are like me then they are much more price sensitive these days. 2 weeks ago I woke up and decided I would go to Bolton away. Saw the price was £32 and decided against it, not because I could not afford it, just because I found the price insulting.

I'd go slightly further than that. My policy would be:

Every Adult Game (In the league) is £20 regardless of opposition. Every seat costs the same. I'd make tickets for every game available from the beginning of the season.

Every season ticket would cost £345. £15 per game. The benefit of the ST is you get the same seat guaranteed plus a small financial game.

My absolute focus would be on selling as many tickets as possible. Of course the product on the pitch needs to be in place but maximise the revenue from increased number of fans attending games.

It looks like the rules for ticket pricing seem to be changing or being flouted continuously. A few years ago you had to get permission to have different category games and thus charge different prices. The fact that each of the next 5 home games are being charged a different price suggests to me that these rules are being relaxed. I'd charge away fans the same price we were charged the previous season to go to them. (Relegated/promo teams a comparative price)

17 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

Pretty sure I got a customer number when I bought the away tickets. Thanks for the info KR & SP. To be fair to the club, it was the forest home game when I was in town.

Perhaps you contacted them when the Forest tickets were in the "on sale to members" stage? I doubt many Forest tickets make it to the "general riff raff" period of sale :thumbsup:

The joys of running a football club eh?  The demand for £20 tickets, no sponsor on the shirt, don't sell stadium naming rights, the ground looks like one great big billboard now, get rid of those electric advertising hoardings, the ball, substitution sponsors get rid.

And whilst you're at it, sign Jota for £6m and pay him more than Birmingham are willing to offer, £45k a week should do it. 

:lol:

FFP doesn't care how rich or not your owner is, the club has to generate money to spend money, sadly tickets are part of this. Mel spoke at the forum, it's easy to cap tickets at £20m when you have a great big TV deal backing those clubs, Championship doesn't.

Needs must whilst we're here and to be fair this is the seasons big one, not buying this disillusioned fanbase rubbish, it will sell out or have a couple hundred at most left. It's not £33 week in week out. 

12 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Perhaps you contacted them when the Forest tickets were in the "on sale to members" stage? I doubt many Forest tickets make it to the "general riff raff" period of sale :thumbsup:

Not sure, emailed them about a month before I flew out hoping they'd hold some tickets. Was at the ticket office the moment they let the away tickets for non members  go on sale just to make sure I was in the middle of all the lunatics. Learnt how to fookin bounce that day!

Archived