Anyone Listen To The Moan In ?

SFox1993

It's weird because I find myself agreeing with the radio listeners more than those who ring in and start their phone call by saying that they've had a season ticket since World War 1.

Having done both in recent years I don't think it's as simple as saying you have no opinion because you didn't go. If they're talking match specifics, maybe. Overall view? Nah. You could follow our games on teletext and still know that a midfield three of Huddlestone, Johnson and Butterfield is going no where. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hucknall Ram said:

All because he didn't play Ince, we lost 2-1 to play-off team, who was holding off for dear life from a Derby equaliser, in a game that meant nothing to Derby, our season was over so it was clear what GR was doing, having a look at other players in against a decent side, and this guy wanted GR sacked because of this

Tbh id rather people who are like this stay away from PP , sick of hearing people moan atmosphere atm is poisonous

Just now, Mr Tibbs said:

It's weird because I find myself agreeing with the radio listeners more than those who ring in and start their phone call by saying that they've had a season ticket since World War 1.

Having done both in recent years I don't think it's as simple as saying you have no opinion because you didn't go. If they're talking match specifics, maybe. Overall view? Nah. You could follow our games on teletext and still know that a midfield three of Huddlestone, Johnson and Butterfield is going no where. 

Perhaps but most of the time they are talking about specifics its incredibly frustrating 

1 minute ago, SFox1993 said:

Probably praying for the champagne football of Pearson .... Genuinely heard someone the other day wanting him back :blink:

Again priceless , they sit at home by theiir little radios , hear the name Nigel Pearson , they think isnt he the man who made Leicester what they are and automatically think he will do the same for us , nobodys falling over themselves to give him another job are they , even his beloved Boro turned to a bloke who cocked it up at Leeds , says it all

1 minute ago, Premier ram said:

Again priceless , they sit at home by theiir little radios , hear the name Nigel Pearson , they think isnt he the man who made Leicester what they are and automatically think he will do the same for us , nobodys falling over themselves to give him another job are they , even his beloved Boro turned to a bloke who cocked it up at Leeds , says it all

They conveniently forget that he spent a massive sum of money to buy the league on players who were pretty awful half the time

1 minute ago, SFox1993 said:

Thats a fair point , guy behind me seems to be wearing alternate reality glasses all match

Everybodys a good manager and tactician sitting in the stand , everybody has opinions about who should play and in what formation , but the only one that counts is Gary Rowetts , so lets get on with our role in the club and SUPPORT them

1 minute ago, Premier ram said:

Everybodys a good manager and tactician sitting in the stand , everybody has opinions about who should play and in what formation , but the only one that counts is Gary Rowetts , so lets get on with our role in the club and SUPPORT them

couldnt agree more 

I’m going to guess that every single fan who moans about the moan in has a phone, a phone which is not only capable of posting on forums and social media but making calls out, for example to the Radio Derby studio?

Why not ring in, put your thoughts across? Give them something better to work with than a Derek that wants Drogba.

52 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

2. Many of them start with " I didnt go to the match but i listened on the radio".. Having numerous times listened to the radio while actually at the match and wondering if they are watching the same thing as me .. What makes these people think they have any sort of real insight into what happened at the match..

This is the one which amuses me the most - The sheer stupidity of some people - There are usually about 30,000 different viewpoints about what happened in the game from the people who actually SAW it

5 minutes ago, David said:

Why not ring in, put your thoughts across? Give them something better to work with than a Derek that wants Drogba.

Contribute? Towards the betterment of something? Are you crazy? Why do you think we're on the internet?

I don't listen as i'm generally at work however.......due to the moaning on here, i have listened on iplayer to the latest, and the comments on here are quite ridiculous.

Most of the stupid comments on the talk in were the tweets raging against people supposedly calling for gary rowett to be sacked. Yet not a single person had called for gary rowett to be sacked - quite the opposite.

one nutter in nine by my reckoning. Most made valid points.

The callers were as follows:

anthony - observing that we were seeing the same set up as last year, 433, little has changed - true

david - observing that we don't change shape to counter the opposition - definitely true v wolves

derek - predicting a bottom half finish and observing that rowett would be at risk if that happened

richard - bemoaning the johnson, butterfield midfield, same old 

mark - the play is very predictable, not getting the best out of the players

ben - don't be too harsh its game 2

wayne (nutter who just wanted to get on the radio) - derby should appoint ramage

michael - we have had a poor recruitment strategy

john - we're too slow to rebuild, compares us to wolves

Archived