Ronaldo

Animal is a Ram

What a silly individual.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/10987899/ronaldo-sees-red-and-pushes-ref

If I was Zinedine Zidane, I'd be wanting him fined as much as is possible. First yellow for stupidity in taking his shirt off, second even more so. It hasn't cost Real that game, but the petulant push on the ref could see him out for a large number of games, as I suspect he'll be made an example of.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

To be fair, the second one was never a second yellow, Umtiti caught him. Suarez's one was lots more embarrassing. I don't really blame Ronaldo for his act, the ref was clearly giving Barca all the decisions in the game but luckily Real still came through.

Are you serious? You don't blame him for pushing the ref? The ref is/should be untouchable, physically and verbally. 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

To be fair, the second one was never a second yellow, Umtiti caught him. Suarez's one was lots more embarrassing.

He's a clever bloke. He must surely not be so daft as not to think going down like that, there, would run him the risk of being sent off as he's already on a yellow card. They're 2-1 up at this point with about 5mins+ left to play. 

Agreed, Suarez's dive was just embarrassing, think he went down with a sudden case of toothache.

21 minutes ago, McLovin said:

To be fair, the second one was never a second yellow, Umtiti caught him. Suarez's one was lots more embarrassing. I don't really blame Ronaldo for his act, the ref was clearly giving Barca all the decisions in the game but luckily Real still came through.

There's contact but contrary to what lazy TV commentators and pundits say, contact is not enough for it to be a foul.

15 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Are you serious? You don't blame him for pushing the ref? The ref is/should be untouchable, physically and verbally. 

May be so but the ref was clearly biased in this game. The push came after he got sent off. The incident for which he got sent off should have never been a red.The Barca players were doing worse during the game by grabbing onto the ref and shoving him. Jordi Alba and Busquets were the main perpetrators doing that.

15 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

He's a clever bloke. He must surely not be so daft as not to think going down like that, there, would run him the risk of being sent off as he's already on a yellow card. They're 2-1 up at this point with about 5mins+ left to play. 

Agreed, Suarez's dive was just embarrassing, think he went down with a sudden case of toothache.

Personally don't think there was any way Ronaldo could have stayed on his feet because he was losing his balance after the initial contact came outside the box. Umititi's  a strong lad.

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

There's contact but contrary to what lazy TV commentators and pundits say, contact is not enough for it to be a foul.

In that case it shouldn't have been a second yellow because there was still contact. There was clearly contact by Umtiti which started outside the box which resulted in Ronaldo losing his balance. It may have not been enough for a penalty but it definitely should have not been a second yellow card, and this is speaking as one of Ronaldo's biggest haters.

3 minutes ago, McLovin said:

In that case it shouldn't have been a second yellow because there was still contact. There was clearly contact by Umtiti which started outside the box which resulted in Ronaldo losing his balance. It may have not been enough for a penalty but it definitely should have not been a second yellow card, and this is speaking as one of Ronaldo's biggest haters.

But it doesn't need to contactless for it to be a dive. It's not a binary state - it's not contact = foul; no contact = dive.

Disgraceful witch hunt from the biased Spanish authorities. Penaldo should be allowed to do what he wants, that includes pushing officials and not paying his taxes. You don't have to put up with any of this nonsense in Monaco. TSSSSUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Tbh I thought it was play on. He was losing balance and Umtiti just saw him off. The push was stupid. 

Busquets was worse. I would love to see that guy get wrongly sent off and cost Barca a major trophy. The guy is pathetic. Somebody brushed his stomach and he went down clutching his chest. 

Should have been 50 games tbf. Who do these footballers think they are? 

Can't be arsed with all these superstars who think they're bigger than the game, poor show IMO. I enjoy the quality of El Classico fixtures but all the b******* puts me right off. I enjoyed Villa vs Colchester more last week than I did last night, it's way too much of a drama. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Tbh I thought it was play on. He was losing balance and Umtiti just saw him off. The push was stupid. 

Busquets was worse. I would love to see that guy get wrongly sent off and cost Barca a major trophy. The guy is pathetic. Somebody brushed his stomach and he went down clutching his chest. 

Jordi Alba is the worst of them all. He has a rat face that you just want to punch. He's sneaky too, he hits someone then uses his speed to run away and make it look like it was someone else who hit the opposition player.

Sith Happens

Idiot, regardless of if you thought it was a push or not you dont do that. Looked like momentum took him over more than anything but then he claimed for it so easy to see why second yellow.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Alpha said:

He does claim for a foul though so its either a foul or a dive.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I thought he was just nudged off the ball. He obviously will appeal because Umtiti didn't win the ball. But Ronaldo didn't have it under control. 

Suarez was blatant.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Utter rubbish. By that logic anytime there's contact and a player appeals but a foul isn't given it should be a yellow card for diving.

a player feels contact momentum takes him off his feet of course he will ask for a foul. 

7 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

yes , it would be an hell of an ache with those teeth

Archived