Clough, McClaren, Wassall, Pearson, Powell, Rowett....

BramcoteRam84

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Been given no reason to. 

I'm interested to know what you've made of all his partners. They've all been less useful than Keogh. 

I mean Shackell might well be a decent defender but he's so God awful on the ball we've retreated 10 yards by the time he rolled it 10 yards to the nearest under pressure player.

Whitbread, Shotton, Albentosa, Pearce.

We've seen nothing of Curtis Davies yet but on Saturday he was the dodgy one of the pairing. 

Is it not fair to say you watch Keogh more critically than anyone else? Look for errors or less than perfect decisions that you may not look for in say Bryson for example

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'm interested to know what you've made of all his partners. They've all been less useful than Keogh. 

I mean Shackell might well be a decent defender but he's so God awful on the ball we've retreated 10 yards by the time he rolled it 10 yards to the nearest under pressure player.

Whitbread, Shotton, Albentosa, Pearce.

We've seen nothing of Curtis Davies yet but on Saturday he was the dodgy one of the pairing. 

Is it not fair to say you watch Keogh more critically than anyone else? Look for errors or less than perfect decisions that you may not look for in say Bryson for example

Players that have all had decent careers elsewhere. Premier League and La Liga. Is there not just a smidge of a chance that playing next to a calamity might affect your game? No doubt we'll fail again and look to offload Davies next summer, while retaining our wonderboy. If only we could find him a decent partner. 

16 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Players that have all had decent careers elsewhere. Premier League and La Liga. Is there not just a smidge of a chance that playing next to a calamity might affect your game? No doubt we'll fail again and look to offload Davies next summer, while retaining our wonderboy. If only we could find him a decent partner. 

Possibly - But also - A whole series of managers have decided having seen him play and seen him in training that he's the one to build the defence around

Maybe you're just wrong? :)

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Possibly - But also - A whole series of managers have decided having seen him play and seen him in training that he's the one to build the defence around

Maybe you're just wrong? :)

Maybe. But then all those managers failed, and received their P45. So until we see a manager have the balls to get rid or drop, it's just opinion vs opinion. 

I think he's a show pony with dazzling runs, and zero end product. Scores a frighteningly small amount of goals for a player that goes forward, and attacks every corner. 

He goes to ground way to early, backs off too much when players run at him, and is often out muscled. What I can't doubt him on is his effort. That's there in abundance, and that desire coupled with great speed has got him out of jail on countless occasions. With his age, that speed with fade and as with Bartez (who relied on agility and very little nouce) we will see Keogh fall quickly from grace. Hence why I believe if an offer was on the table, we should have taken it. 

Manuel Pellegrini, Jose Mourinho, Carlo Ancilotti and Rafa Benitez all got sacked by Real Madrid whilst Sergio Ramos was playing center half and correct me if I am wrong but I think he may have been captain for all of them apart from Pellegrini.

To somehow link Keogh with the sacking of any of the managers he has played under is daft. Collectively all of those fellas know infinitely more than any of us about Keogh as a player, a person and football in general.

38 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Manuel Pellegrini, Jose Mourinho, Carlo Ancilotti and Rafa Benitez all got sacked by Real Madrid whilst Sergio Ramos was playing center half and correct me if I am wrong but I think he may have been captain for all of them apart from Pellegrini.

To somehow link Keogh with the sacking of any of the managers he has played under is daft. Collectively all of those fellas know infinitely more than any of us about Keogh as a player, a person and football in general.

Difference is, Ramos is a winner. He has a World Cup, European Championships, Champions League's, Spanish League's, cups and super cups, fifa world club championships. 

Keogh has a championship team of the year placing. 

1 minute ago, TroyDyer said:

Difference is, Ramos is a winner. He has a World Cup, European Championships, Champions League's, Spanish League's, cups and super cups, fifa world club championships. 

Keogh has a championship team of the year placing. 

1 Young player of the year award.

1 League One runners up medal.

4 Player of the year awards.

4 Player's player of the year awards.

1 Supporters player of the year award.

1 Championship team of the year award.

He has captained his country and helped guide them into the last 16 of the Euros.

He's not exactly what I would call a loser.

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

He has captained his country and helped guide them into the last 16 of the Euros.

But he ain't Sergio Ramos, the man he was compared to. 

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

Was about to post exactly the same thing.

Some people on these forums are absolutely deluded and listening to the phone in the other day made my stomach churn. He's been selected as captain by almost every manager we've had in the past few seasons and to top it off he's been voted by fellow professionals as one of the best defenders in the league on multiple occasions. But alas, some 20 stone lard arse from Alvaston who can hardly run knows better than professionals and thinks he's 'useless' based off the 1 game he went to using his mates season ticket.

It's the same story of the vocal (and braindead) minority making the most noise as usual. 

I don't think Keogh is better than all CH he's played with. IMO Davies is a more complete centre half than Keogh... but I do agree that on Saturday he made a couple of silly errors. The most important aspect for me is that they looked very good as a pair against Hoffenheim considering their pace, movement and passing up top were excellent. Could be our best CH partnership in a long time. 

13 hours ago, swiftur said:

We will never forget, the guy is hapless.he is the most expensive player in the history of dcfc.he cost us millions if not billions.

What a stupid   statement what footballing qualifications do you hold  that makes you think you know about a players ability

than all the managers Keogh has played under during his time at Derby oh and we better include Martin ONeal the Republc  of Ireland manager?

16 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

Maybe. But then all those managers failed, and received their P45. So until we see a manager have the balls to get rid or drop, it's just opinion vs opinion. 

I don't think any of our permanent managers have been lacking in the testicular department - I think some of them *cough* Pearson *cough* may have spent half his time with them out at the training ground to try and prove some kind of point

Currently it's the opinion of a series of people who get paid to manage football teams professionally vs you - Some guy on an internet forum

16 hours ago, TroyDyer said:

and is often out muscled

THIS however I agree with - He's a bit wiry for a CB and I get frustrated when he tries to go shoulder to shoulder with a big centre forward - He should be letting Shackell, Pearce or Davies do that and focus on sweeping up around them and picking off the forward runs 

29 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

THIS however I agree with - He's a bit wiry for a CB and I get frustrated when he tries to go shoulder to shoulder with a big centre forward - He should be letting Shackell, Pearce or Davies do that and focus on sweeping up around them and picking off the forward runs 

He has got Wisdom next to him now so that should help. That boy is a lorry load of units.

31 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He has got Wisdom next to him now so that should help. That boy is a lorry load of units.

True - But got beaten to the rebound for the first Hoffenheim goal 

My biggest worry about him when he was with us on loan was that he was a little too casual - Often looked like he thought he was better than playing in the championship and therefore didn't need to try quite as hard - Hopefully he has cut that out but I worry that goal was partly a slower than needed reaction to the players run

2 hours ago, cheron85 said:

I don't think any of our permanent managers have been lacking in the testicular department - I think some of them *cough* Pearson *cough* may have spent half his time with them out at the training ground to try and prove some kind of point

Currently it's the opinion of a series of people who get paid to manage football teams professionally vs you - Some guy on an internet forum

Then why have an internet forum? If the manager is always right, what exactly are we discussing? 

Archived