Clough, McClaren, Wassall, Pearson, Powell, Rowett....

BramcoteRam84

42 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Then why have an internet forum? If the manager is always right, what exactly are we discussing? 

They aren't - And your opinion is worth exactly the same as any manager and I will always respect your right to express that opinion

However the weight of respect I give to someone's opinion is generally based on how knowledgeable I think they are on a subject - And I think people who are professionally employed to manage football teams and watch them train almost every day probably have more knowledge on the subject of how decent a player is than someone who just watches the games from the stands

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

They aren't - And your opinion is worth exactly the same as any manager and I will always respect your right to express that opinion

However the weight of respect I give to someone's opinion is generally based on how knowledgeable I think they are on a subject - And I think people who are professionally employed to manage football teams and watch them train almost every day probably have more knowledge on the subject of how decent a player is than someone who just watches the games from the stands

Keogh never looks in difficulty when he is playing then .

In other word you think he is brilliant week in week out. 

23 minutes ago, curtains said:

Keogh never looks in difficulty when he is playing then .

In other word you think he is brilliant week in week out. 

Please show me in ANY of my posts where I have written that - That is a HUGE leap in whatever your brain constitutes as logic

He has consistently been our best CB for the last few years - As with any defender he has his lapses and makes mistakes - I personally think our defence has been left vulnerable by not having a proper DM for most of the last 3 years - In a league where half the teams play 2 DMs they've still put in a pretty decent defensive performance

Is he perfect? No - Otherwise he'd be playing for a champions league team - Is he a top end championship CB? Yes - Is he the best CB we have? Probably - Is he at fault for our inability to get promoted? Absolutely not

Just now, cheron85 said:

Please show me in ANY of my posts where I have written that - That is a HUGE leap in whatever your brain constitutes as logic

He has consistently been our best CB for the last few years - As with any defender he has his lapses and makes mistakes - I personally think our defence has been left vulnerable by not having a proper DM for most of the last 3 years - In a league where half the teams play 2 DMs they've still put in a pretty decent defensive performance

Is he perfect? No - Otherwise he'd be playing for a champions league team - Is he a top end championship CB? Yes - Is he the best CB we have? Probably - Is he at fault for our inability to get promoted? Absolutely not

When you have watched Todd and McFarland week in week out watching Keogh is like chalk and cheese. 

14 minutes ago, curtains said:

When you have watched Todd and McFarland week in week out watching Keogh is like chalk and cheese. 

Because of course Toddy never got himself into trouble trying to dribble the ball out of the penalty area. ?

I was there too and loved him to bits but even Colin Todd wasn't perfect. 

Also, it was 42 years ago. 

19 minutes ago, curtains said:

Also curtains, Todd and McFarland were playing mainly in the top tier, Keogh is a decent defender for this league, what would he be like in the Premier League ? Who knows but let's get off the bloke's back and he might help us get there. 

42 minutes ago, angieram said:

Because of course Toddy never got himself into trouble trying to dribble the ball out of the penalty area. ?

I was there too and loved him to bits but even Colin Todd wasn't perfect. 

Also, it was 42 years ago. 

No Colin Todd was perfect. 

1 hour ago, curtains said:

Bring them back then

Totally irrelevant point since they don't play anymore or play in the same era or play in the same way 

1 hour ago, EastHertsRam said:

Also curtains, Todd and McFarland were playing mainly in the top tier, Keogh is a decent defender for this league, what would he be like in the Premier League ? Who knows but let's get off the bloke's back and he might help us get there. 

He did an off day very very rarely but higher standard of football

Archived