Olsson to DC United

Carl Sagan

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let him go, need to trim the squad and we have two talented youngsters in Lowe and MacDonald as back up to Forsyth. Would rather we use the young players than have a 29 year old bang average back up. Lowe could easily be a starter if he can stay fit anyway, looks really good. 

Worse case secnario, we have Anya, Baird and Wisdom who have all played left back to a decent standard before anyway.

Get shot, he's just not very good at defending which happens to be his primary job. Forsyth and Lowe are way better even if they are injury prone, and macdonald looks a real prospect. He can cover if needs be so let's not have unnessecery players block his route to the team.

Fozzy's the main man, Lowe if fit (please! looks a prospect) and McDonald (we hear) are good lads. Anya and Baird can play LB.

Olsson can go. Thanks for the goal against Forest, thanks for you efforts, but if this smaller squad that GR wants is going to happen, Olsson must be prime candidate for departure.

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

I've always rated ollson when many others haven't! Be sad to see him go. 

He's alright (not world beater or worst at all) still think we shouldn't sell him now because what if we got no covers left? 

Just now, RamsFan10 said:

So Anya, Lowe, MacDonald, Baird, Wisdom isn't plenty of cover for Forsyth. We need to trim the squad, don't need 7 players who can play left back 

Say Forsyth got injured for months again after the window shuts, would you be happy to see Anya or Baird play left back for the rest of the season? 

2 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

So Anya, Lowe, MacDonald, Baird, Wisdom isn't plenty of cover for Forsyth. We need to trim the squad, don't need 7 players who can play left back 

After last season I would suggest otherwise...

Not as bad people make out and id much rather see Lowe go out on a season loan than sell Olsson but we do need to trim the squad so if the price is right then I have no issue as we have plenty of cover options.

Abit too random of a rumour to have no truth to it though.

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Not as bad people make out and id much rather see Lowe go out on a season loan than sell Olsson but we do need to trim the squad so if the price is right then I have no issue as we have plenty of cover options.

Abit too random of a rumour to have no truth to it though.

As long as wherever he goes they have a comfy injury table

14 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Say Forsyth got injured for months again after the window shuts, would you be happy to see Anya or Baird play left back for the rest of the season? 

I'd be happy with Lowe for the entire season who appears to be getting back fit soon. And I'd be equally happy with Anya and Baird as I would be with Olsson. Anya especially is a decent full back (plays there for Scotland and is currently their first choice by all accounts, and got promoted at Watford playing at wing back), Baird is reliable. MacDonald could be worth a chance - we don't know. If Forsyth did sustain a major injury, and Lowe the same, then I presume we'd buy someone in Jan. But that's the same for any position. What if Wisdom and Baird get injured at RB? Or Keogh and Davies? Two players per position in plenty of cover, and currently we have 7 people who can play leftback.

In all honesty, I think if he'd have been fit for the last 2 years Lowe would be a first choice, in fact I don't think we'd still own him. Remember wolves away last year, he looked brilliant. 

Archived