Olsson to DC United

Carl Sagan

A good player going forward, honest and hard working, but stands off his man too much. Crosses sail past him too often. Not a bad player in any sense, but replaceable and as we need to reduce numbers it's a no brainier for me.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

I've only seen him play about 3 times. I said 'whether you rate them or not' because i wasn't talking about ability, purely about numbers. In terms of centre halves, we have Keogh, Davies, Shackell, Pearce, Wisdom, Baird and Rawson hence why i said we don't need him - i'd argue he's a 7th choice. For all i know he could be the next Puyol mind ahaha. 

I'd assume behind Forsyth and Hanson and maybe Hudds too, so maybe 10th.  Get him out on loan.

What fee would we get? 

£500k tops.  Not sure I'd bother with a fee, just shift him off the wage bill.

American teams rarely pay any money but I would sell for £1-2 million to anyone given the chance but only because we have two youngsters coming through behind Forsyth - he has done ok for us but he has his limitations 

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Couldn't see a thread on this so am starting it up: https://www.blackandredunited.com/dc-united-transfers/2017/7/31/16067384/marcus-olsson-dc-united-mls-transfer-rumors-news-derby-county

All our other left backs are injury prone but we probably have enough to cover and Fozzy seems the preferred starter from pre-season games.

That was a good find

He is a very good consistent player. A 6/7 type most match's and can score the odd goal.He worth atlesst 750k to a 1m of anyone's money.

He is obviously going to find it difficult to get game time this year if everyone stays fit. So maybe if chance to play more elsewhere he would want to go.

Seems logical to sell him. Currently he's blocking the progress of Lowe and MacDonald if they are to make the next step up. Lowe is our best prospect at the moment too (when fit).

He's chipped in with a few crucial goals (especially at Forest!), but for a decent fee it seems like good business. 

10 minutes ago, Papahet said:

No better than Warnock, absolutely s**** truth be told. 

If we manage to get a quid combined for him, Bent and Blackman its good business 

You make me shake my head in bewilderment and disbelief.

And no doubt you'll post some ridiculous justification for this tripe.

Never stops the cross, not great in the air and gets pushed off the ball. Personally I'd sell him, I'd rather have Fozzy as first choice and develop some younger players, he's done a job for us however I personally believe it's time to move him on now.

Not too much to choose between him and fozzy for me, but fozzy is probably just better. Only reason he's not gone so far is that fozzy and lowe's fitness can't be trusted, and I doubt that that has changed since rowett came in.

41 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

You make me shake my head in bewilderment and disbelief.

What exactly are you bewildered about?  

He is 29, can't defend for toffee and is barely a threat going forward. He already looks to be second fiddle to a player coming back from serious injury, never takes his chances when given opportunities , what else? another player taking up a wage, another player we could move on to free up a potential signing.  

Rather have Mary Kate and Ashley truth be told.

Oh no, he's going to shake his head again because I called a Derby player rubbish.

4 minutes ago, Papahet said:

What exactly are you bewildered about?  

He is 29, can't defend for toffee and is barely a threat going forward. He already looks to be second fiddle to a player coming back from serious injury, never takes his chances when given opportunities , what else? another player taking up a wage, another player we could move on to free up a potential signing.  

Rather have Mary Kate and Ashley truth be told.

Oh no, he's going to shake his head again because I called a Derby player rubbish.

Me to!!

Archived