Olsson to DC United

Carl Sagan

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

I liked Chris Powell. Think he was the last left back i really rated.

Clearly you & the fans who chose him as player of the season knew nothing. Jim Smith was far wider and a better judge, shipping him off to newly promoted Charlton for peanuts so he could bring in the awesome Stefan Schnoor. What magnificent transfer business that was. ?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Papahet said:

What exactly are you bewildered about?  

He is 29, can't defend for toffee and is barely a threat going forward. He already looks to be second fiddle to a player coming back from serious injury, never takes his chances when given opportunities , what else? another player taking up a wage, another player we could move on to free up a potential signing.  

Rather have Mary Kate and Ashley truth be told.

Oh no, he's going to shake his head again because I CALLED a Derby player rubbish.

You strike me as the kind of person who will call anybody.

The kind of person I'd cross the street to avoid.

I have nothing further to say to or about you.

10 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Clearly you & the fans who chose him as player of the season knew nothing. Jim Smith was far wider and a better judge, shipping him off to newly promoted Charlton for peanuts so he could bring in the awesome Stefan Schnoor. What magnificent transfer business that was. ?

He went back down south for family reasons and Jim had a gentleman's agreement with him that he could go if a London club came in for him. Schnoor was a bit s**** mind.

Just now, AmberRamber said:

You strike me as the kind of person who will call anybody.

The kind of person I'd cross the street to avoid.

I have nothing further to say to or about you.

Good one, run along and play with your ickle Rammie teddy bear.

6 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

As someone mentioned, with everyone fit Olsson could be considered 3rd choice left back. 

Don't know if anyone else would have Lowe as first choice but i would. 

Not first choice yet keep fozzy as first choice and use the cup games to give Lowe some experience.

Given our squad size I'm not sure we can afford to be rejecting bids for third choice players no matter what position.

Yes there's question marks over Forsyth and Lowe's fitness records recently but carrying squad players just in case is how our squad has got so big. Our whole ethos should be that in emergency situations we give young players such as MacDonald the chance to stake their claim.

10 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Not first choice yet keep fozzy as first choice and use the cup games to give Lowe some experience.

Just looking at Lowe's league record before he got injured. Played 9 games, in which we won 6, drew 1 and lost 2. We only conceded 4 goals in those games and kept 6 clean sheets. Off the top of my head Wolves and Cardiff away stand out where he played very well, think it was Leeds at home as well he did excellently. Might be worth throwing him in at the deep end when he's fully fit, but no need to rush him back. I like Forsyth, think he's a decent championship left back, but as has been mentioned on this thread there's a strange amount of people who think he's Scotland's answer to Roberto Carlos since he came back :lol:

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Chris Powell even went on to play for England after his cheap departure from Derby

6 hours ago, RamsFan10 said:

As someone mentioned, with everyone fit Olsson could be considered 3rd choice left back. 

Don't know if anyone else would have Lowe as first choice but i would. 

Lowe might become a good player, but like many a youngster is hyped and over rated by many at present.

ditto Elsnik.

not yet played enough to enter the Roos, Rawson, hanson hate zone

or been around long enough to come round again for praise like mason bennett. 

We have a large squad which needs trimming, Forsythe fit for now, lowe who when fit will need games and maybe McDonald.For me Olson is good but he is 30 and the young ones need game time so DC united for a good fee for me would be OK, Baird although not as fast can cover too

Bryson,s seems to have a good season then not so good and Russell needs to practice more shooting as he lacts the end product at times vydra may be good behind martin and weiman this year with Huddleston's passes .Bennett to early to say as yet

2 hours ago, garrym1968 said:

We have a large squad which needs trimming, Forsythe fit for now, lowe who when fit will need games and maybe McDonald.For me Olson is good but he is 30 and the young ones need game time so DC united for a good fee for me would be OK, Baird although not as fast can cover too

Yep - We can come of with loads of reasons for keeping each and every player but when push comes to squad still needs trimming and Olsson to me looks like a good option to get rid. You have to assume that one of Forsyth or Lowe will be fit, can't just keep cover in case 2 left backs are out injured.

I always think back to the signings of Johnson and Butterfield at this point, it would have been better in the long term to have used youngsters (large chunk of hindsight being used there), if Forsyth and Lowe are injured, we'll need to do the same, or get a loan.

8 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Get rid.

We just can't keep players as back-up's who are earning just as much as the starter. Particularly when we have academy prospects behind them.

I can see the argument about Fozzy and Lowe not being reliable enough, but we'll have to risk it.

We have Anya who can play well enough there.

Archived