Linekers salary

PistoldPete2

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Karren Brady in her column in the sun says lineker should hang his head in shame and fight for equal pay for female colleagues.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4075680/karren-brady-bbc-equal-pay-gary-linkeker/

Can't see why its linekers place to fight for better pay for anyone else, man or woman

Maybe Karren Brady will negotiate me a pay rise if I contact her.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

Karren Brady in her column in the sun says lineker should hang his head in shame and fight for equal pay for female colleagues.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4075680/karren-brady-bbc-equal-pay-gary-linkeker/

Can't see why its linekers place to fight for better pay for anyone else, man or woman

Maybe Karren Brady will negotiate me a pay rise if I contact her.

This is starting to get a bit disgusting now. Whether it's those jealous of those who've done well for themselves or these gender communists.

Not only is it the case that nobody has proven that there is discrimination against women, but the pay gap at the BBC is significantly reduced when compared to the national average. Brady mentions the national average is 18% but neglects to mention that at the BBC it's 10%.

On 7/20/2017 at 13:40, StringerBell said:

Being a liberal, I prefer individualism myself. Like 'diversity of opinion is a good thing' and 'the fact that men earn more on average has absolutely no bearing on my life, or anyone else's life and the only people it effects are the people receiving the payment and the people giving it.'

For something that has no bearing on your life - you're getting quite upset about it!

13 hours ago, StringerBell said:

This is starting to get a bit disgusting now.

Just now, StivePesley said:

For something that has no bearing on your life - you're getting quite upset about it!

Eh? The two quotes aren't even talking about the same thing. The thing I'm talking about in the second quote could easily impact my life. 

Speaking of which I'm going into a female dominated job for low pay. You work in IT I believe? Something like 80% men? 

I'm doing my bit to reduce the 'gender pay gap'. What about you?

7 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Speaking of which I'm going into a female dominated job for low pay. You work in IT I believe? Something like 80% men? 

I'm doing my bit to reduce the 'gender pay gap'. What about you?

Yep in IT. My ex (female) boss discovered she was on £10k less than the other (male) managers in her org. Same responsibilities, same experience, same age, and she was much better at the job. She took the company to a tribunal and won

You're going into Social Work right? If it's NHS then at least it's salary banded so the discrepancies are less and tend to be based on the correct factors (as you say things like length of time in the job & experience). If you're going into private work then best of luck! :)

24 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

Yep in IT. My ex (female) boss discovered she was on £10k less than the other (male) managers in her org. Same responsibilities, same experience, same age, and she was much better at the job. She took the company to a tribunal and won

Good for her for being assertive. I see that as the system working as intended. 

24 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

You're going into Social Work right? If it's NHS then at least it's salary banded so the discrepancies are less and tend to be based on the correct factors (as you say things like length of time in the job & experience). If you're going into private work then best of luck! :)

Yep. Cheers pal! Will probably need it. 

Personally all I'm bothered about in this whole debate is how good they are at their job.

If they are equally as good as their male counter-points, they should be paid the same. I cannot see how this is possibly an issue - male or female is of no relevance, surely. Take the newsreaders as an example. Fiona Bruce should be paid as much as if not more than say   Hugh Edwards. Julie Etchingham is easily as good as any of her peers such as Tom Bradbury . i would prefer to see both presenting the news ahead of their male counter-points : they are better at it.They should be paid accordingly.

You then look at the other side of it. Sophie Raworth on BBC and  Nina Hossein on ITV. Both robotic, line readers , no empathy with their audiences , don't appear to have any understanding of their subjects. Why should they expect to earn the same as   their colleagues, just because they happen to be female ? 

I know I'm an oldie, but this whole thing seems  to me to be missing the whole point - surely its all about quality ?

Don't see what the issue is here, many organisations have pay scales and it's the companies discretion where their employees are placed on that scale.  If I went into see my boss and told him that I should be paid the same as one of my peers as I do an equally effective job then I would have no influence over whether he gave me a pay rise or not.  

Be careful, versatility and "part time working " here also affect remuneration. Fiona Bruce falls into the versatility category, as does Matt Baker, both of whom I rate in their respective dual roles. I also concur about Julie Etchingham - and her good looks are an added bonus!

Lineker is acceptable to myself,  but is certainly overpaid, others I wouldn't even pay in washers (Graham Norton) and there is one I would pay in washers - Chris Evans, the BBC top earner.  The bigger the ego, the bigger the remuneration perhaps with the last two. 

And for me you can add Naga Munchetti as a leading candidate in the self- promotion stakes, on a par with the irritating, illustrious Mike Bushell.

Just now, Dordogne_Ram said:

Be careful, versatility and "part time working " here also affect remuneration. Fiona Bruce falls into the versatility category, as does Matt Baker, both of whom I rate in their respective dual roles. I also concur about Julie Etchingham - and her good looks are an added bonus!

Lineker is acceptable to myself,  but is certainly overpaid, others I wouldn't even pay in washers (Graham Norton) and there is one I would pay in washers - Chris Evans, the BBC top earner.  The bigger the ego, the bigger the remuneration perhaps with the last two. 

And for me you can add Naga Munchetti as a leading candidate in the self- promotion stakes, on a par with the irritating, illustrious Mike Bushell.

Didn't know Naga was a self promoter. What's she done?

1 hour ago, Dordogne_Ram said:

Hot, funny, inteligent, likes a drink and plays golf....everything should be about her!

I wondered if anyone had picked up on this too!

On the pitch - was a legend (especially for England) .... off it - a complete muppet!!! The worlds worst attempts at jokes every week ... kick him off and replace with someone (man or woman) on a tenth of that salary - it's the football we're interested in - not GL trying to chat s****! 

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 19:16, David said:

Won't lose any sleep over it but you have to question how can they justify that kind of salary, Chris Evans as well.

Should cap it at 149k a year then there is no need to publish wages, still a cushty job that is 

Chris Evans has the most listened to radio show in the world and is far from being the best paid DJ.

37 minutes ago, sage said:

Chris Evans has the most listened to radio show in the world and is far from being the best paid DJ.

Eastenders has a lot of viewers, still a load of crap, pay cut the lot of them

1 minute ago, sage said:

Lineker possibly earns less than Nick Blackman.

Nick Blackman's scored more than him recently, only a penalty but still, goals a goal.

You won't convince me Chris Evans is worth a fiver a year. Can't stand the bloke, would like have a coffee with him though, ask how he managed to bag Billie Piper. 

Has a face for radio.

Archived