Keogh, Pearce, Shackell

Bris Vegas

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, europia said:

Nothing personal against Keogh. Just have this feeling that we will never get promoted with him in the team. Probably a hangover from the play off final and all that. I guess time will tell....

So you blame Keogh for Derby never getting promoted, you are a joke, Keogh is one of the best centre backs outside the prem, 11 players are in one team, so you blame our most consistent player over the last 4 seasons on us not getting promoted, a proven player at this level and also plays international football, you my friend need to start watching the game and understanding how the game is played.

6 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I imagine Curtis Davies will be a first-teamer, while Andre Wisdom, Craig Forsyth, Farrend Rawson (if he's still around) and even Tom Huddlestone as an emergency could be further CB options.

It's an area where we aren't exactly light, so Rowett may try and boot one of them out.

Keogh IMO is our best CB, but he's the only one which could command a solid fee and I guess he's on a fair whack too.

So as requested by @Tombo

A) First-teamer

B) Bench 

C) Sold

A) Keogh 

B) Shackell 

C) Pearce sell sell sell don't care where to just get rid of him ASAP

On 7/16/2017 at 22:23, Derby blood said:

So you blame Keogh for Derby never getting promoted, you are a joke, Keogh is one of the best centre backs outside the prem, 11 players are in one team, so you blame our most consistent player over the last 4 seasons on us not getting promoted, a proven player at this level and also plays international football, you my friend need to start watching the game and understanding how the game is played.

You my friend need to calm down, learn read and also to accept that a forum is not about attacking posters who may have a different opinion to that of your own. 

1 hour ago, europia said:

You my friend need to calm down, learn read and also to accept that a forum is not about attacking posters who may have a different opinion to that of your own. 

Not attacking you at all, just can not understand how you can not see the quality Mr Keogh brings to our defence, do you go and watch the games, Keogh has been our most consistent player for years now, now if you can not see that then fair enough, but I can state my opinion as well, and if we had a poll 90 percent of supporters would agree with me, Keogh has had to put up with a lot of negative views from some supporters which he does not deserve that's why I feel I should point out how good he really is, ask Mr Clough, ask Mr Mac, Mr Clement, Mr Pearon, Mr ONeil and now Mr Rowett, all these managers can not be wrong surely, but I am guessing you know more than any of these, who do you rate in the Derby team, and which teams do you think will do well in the championship this year.

2 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Not attacking you at all, just can not understand how you can not see the quality Mr Keogh brings to our defence, do you go and watch the games, Keogh has been our most consistent player for years now, now if you can not see that then fair enough, but I can state my opinion as well, and if we had a poll 90 percent of supporters would agree with me, Keogh has had to put up with a lot of negative views from some supporters which he does not deserve that's why I feel I should point out how good he really is, ask Mr Clough, ask Mr Mac, Mr Clement, Mr Pearon, Mr ONeil and now Mr Rowett, all these managers can not be wrong surely, but I am guessing you know more than any of these, who do you rate in the Derby team, and which teams do you think will do well in the championship this year.

Poll please?

A - Keogh

B - Pearce

C - Shackell

Pearce is decent enough cover and we have Wisdom, Baird and Huddlestone who can play at CB (in that order)

Shackell for me I would get rid of. He has been a solid defender in his time but distribution is awful and I'm no fan of his attitude (I'm aware this is based on a few incidents and a gut feeling that he's a bit of an arrogant seagull)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2017 at 22:30, Dava75 said:

Poll please?

On 7/18/2017 at 22:26, Derby blood said:

No, I never claimed to know more than those highly paid football coaches. However, As things stand, my comment regarding Derby not getting promoted with Keogh in the team.... well I am yet to be proven wrong. Regarding this season, with a team weakened due to the sales of Ince & Hughes, we will finish in a similar position to last season, at best. 

Archived