Players fitness

Derbados

Have to say, albeit based on 2 games so far. Players look fit as a butchers dog, Rowett said he'd get them fit and it certainly looks that way. 

Fitness is one of the most important aspects of getting out of this division, with fitness comes consistency, not had for a bunch of ageing pensioners eh? 

Getting more and more excited about this season.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely wouldn't disagree with that. The only caveat though I would say is, whilst I suspect that GR does this high fitness regime to get the players off to a flying start when the season begins, what does the science say about the medium- to -longer term impact on the body? It's a very tough season and the question it asks of players is immense. I know that just before the season gets properly going there are a couple of international breaks, so perhaps the players will get a rest then, but I wouldn't be surprised if at some point, one of our chaps picks up a rip or tear due to repetitive strain. Hope not, but I do wonder...

From what i know GR is a task master and has and will continue to do so! Its a true fact that the fitter they are the less chance of an injury.football players get plenty of time to rest for a start most training session are an am or pm session bit till their fit GR has the doing double sessions

I think at the moment it's getting to the level he wants that's hard work, once they get there I'm sure it'll drop down to maintaining levels. I seem to remember Clement had some odd ideas about fitness (hide the gym equipment lads...and don't tell Mel) and they all went the wrong way by the time we collapsed.

@Ellafella I'm sure that's whats happened to George - wants to impress and said he was going to give it everything in pre-season to get into his plans but pushed it too hard.

I honestly couldn't tell how fit the players are by watching them play 2 games of 45 minutes.

They are professional sportsmen, kinda expect them to handle 45 minutes with ease. Once they start playing 90 minutes on Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday we'll see how fit they are.

17 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Let's all just agree to not disagree 

Sorry but I have to disagree with that. @Ellafella seems to have 'first hand' knowledge of a rip or tear from repetitive strain. 

6 minutes ago, sage said:

Sorry but I have to disagree with that. @Ellafella seems to have 'first hand' knowledge of a rip or tear from repetitive strain. 

I couldn't agree more. But i could disagree a lot more. 

Archived