Signed: Tom Huddlestone 2 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

This is an absolute brilliant signing. Getting a midfielder with his ability for 2 million is an absolute steal. 

Played in a Spurs side that finished top 4 in the prem for 2 seasons. Played in the champions league. Played for England. Played consistently in the prem. Can control a midfield quite comfortably. 

30 isn't old for a footballer now. Look at JT. 37 years old. 

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, David said:

Let's talk about what you said though, how is the squad bigger and more bloated?

4 out, 3 in.

At the end of last season all I heard from supporters was we need to get people out.  That hasn't happened.

We need to get more out than in by a higher percentage or as I say the U23s may not exist. 

I also made a post who would want to leave Derby on big wages and large contracts so I rest my case. 

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

This is an absolute brilliant signing. Getting a midfielder with his ability for 2 million is an absolute steal. 

Played in a Spurs side that finished top 4 in the prem for 2 seasons. Played in the champions league. Played for England. Played consistently in the prem. Can control a midfield quite comfortably. 

What about squad unity with not many outs. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

At the end of last season all I heard from supporters was we need to get people out.  That hasn't happened.

We need to get more out than in by a higher percentage or as I say the U23s may not exist. 

I also made a post who would want to leave Derby on big wages and large contracts so I rest my case. 

You're not going to answer the question are you? 

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

You're getting worse by the day

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

You do realise the summer isn't over? We have plenty of time left for outs, that isn't a reason to object to a signing. How can you 'rest your case' when we have had 4 of our players leave. The U23's are going to cease to exist because we have a big squad? :lol: Now, I accept the point they may have less opportunities, but not exist? 

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Totally agree , people would find anything to whinge about. Will be a key player next year.

8 minutes ago, curtains said:

You worry about supporting the team instead of worrying about how many players have left , I'm sure Rowett will sort it .

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You do realise the summer isn't over? We have plenty of time left for outs, that isn't a reason to object to a signing. How can you 'rest your case' when we have had 4 of our players leave. The U23's are going to cease to exist because we have a big squad? :lol: Now, I accept the point they may have less opportunities, but not exist? 

What's the point of them if they can't get a chance in the first 11

Although I'm not raving as much as most are, 2 million for someone of Tom's ability isn't just pants down, we've robbed their socks and shoes too buying both Huddlestone and Davies for 2.5. 

We should seriously be considering activating Odubajo's relegation release clause of 50p, as well as the clause in Clucas' contract that allows him to leave for a packet of Walkers ready salted :D

Just now, curtains said:

What's the point of them if they can't get a chance in the first 11

You can still learn things from playing in the under 23's. Injuries can happen to players in the first team squad, and if they impress they may go out on loan and prove themselves. The under 23's isn't a situation for here and now always, it can be used for the future, when the squad will be less 'bloated' as you put it.

Just now, curtains said:

It isn't more bloated per say but that's not the point as we still have too many players. Some people like to say deadwood 

You said the squad is getting bigger and bigger.

4 players have left.

3 players will have come in.

Carson

Wisdom      Keogh      Davies      Forsyth

Thorne      Huddlestone

That's a great defensive unit. And hopefully should score a few goals from set pieces! 

9 minutes ago, curtains said:

The players we most want rid of was never going to be a quick job. no one is likely to give us money for Bent & Blackman, or meet their wages. They will probably be loaned out. Rawson and Hanson are more likely to go out on loan again than be sold in my opinion, also wouldn't be surprised to see Lowe go out on loan. 

Of course, a couple more at least need to be sold ideally. One of Johnson, Butterfield or Bryson could certainly go, but we need a buyer first. Perhaps there is one and we just don't know it yet, or nobody's interested.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

You can still learn things from playing in the under 23's. Injuries can happen to players in the first team squad, and if they impress they may go out on loan and prove themselves. The under 23's isn't a situation for here and now always, it can be used for the future, when the squad will be less 'bloated' as you put it.

Shall we give the players away or pay off their contracts to get rid of the players we don't want then. 

Archived