Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

12 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Not really an issue, but just wondering how to do that quote feature on your own posts?

Like this:

IMG_6637.PNG

Click the quote icon then type in the box. It’s not on mobile due to the limited space, but I can look at maybe swapping the emoticon button for it as you have those built into the keyboard already

B17E5D69-A42A-4372-B374-756B32FFA047.jpeg

7 minutes ago, David said:

Need more to go on than that, talk to me Revel, tell me what’s bothering you

It seems an intermittent problem, just now I clicked on the quote button and it opened this dialog box, with your post above, as normal.

However around 50% of the time, a little pop up box saying quote one post appears instead, and I have to open the reply option at the bottom of the thread, then click the pop up again to reach the same stage.

But a few minutes ago, I did that and it posted my reply in a totally different thread altogether that I hadn't even opened.

Been happening a few weeks now, I just thought it was a new way of doing things until it entered me into a different thread all together.

Not sure I understand the quote problem, I’m on my mobile right now so will look first thing tomorrow.

As for the mention, just double tap delete should clear it. If it doesn’t reload the page then click clear editor in the bar at the bottom 

14 hours ago, reveldevil said:

It seems an intermittent problem, just now I clicked on the quote button and it opened this dialog box, with your post above, as normal.

However around 50% of the time, a little pop up box saying quote one post appears instead, and I have to open the reply option at the bottom of the thread, then click the pop up again to reach the same stage.

But a few minutes ago, I did that and it posted my reply in a totally different thread altogether that I hadn't even opened.

Been happening a few weeks now, I just thought it was a new way of doing things until it entered me into a different thread all together.

14 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Another thing @David, if I tag a members name in a post as I've done here, it's impossible to then delete it.

On my mobile at least.

Forgot to ask, what device are you using where this happens?

Quick suggestion although I guess there will be reasons, but in the Derby forum could we get a sub forum for player discussion with a thread for every player? 

Might stop things like the transfer rumours pages getting clogged up with player discussion or posters creating new threads on players that are maybe unnecessary (here’s looking at the new Keogh and Lawrence threads from today)

35 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Quick suggestion although I guess there will be reasons, but in the Derby forum could we get a sub forum for player discussion with a thread for every player? 

Might stop things like the transfer rumours pages getting clogged up with player discussion or posters creating new threads on players that are maybe unnecessary (here’s looking at the new Keogh and Lawrence threads from today)

It’s nowt to do with me, but, people will still carry on as before, and we’ll just have  a minimum of 11 new forums if not more.

We have enough forums to mod as it is m’owd.