GK

CB.         CB.        CB.        CB

CB.        CB. 

CB.          CB.            CB.  

Nugent.

Will they communicate by radio? 

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

We don't need another Heffalump

Please can we have a defensive midfielder and a couple of young attacking midfielders?

Young attacking midfielders? Are you talking about players with a touch of flair and class? Forget it, our manager doesn't believe in all that nonsense..

4 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Young attacking midfielders? Are you talking about players with a touch of flair and class? Forget it, our manager doesn't believe in all that nonsense..

Let's at least get to 1st July before we decide that!

Talk of Hefele a smokescreen whilst we smuggle in a young star under Villa's noses.

1 hour ago, Derbylad92 said:

We will see if your saying that after a few games in! he will boss it, he was just getting back into it before his leg break he will be fine 

He was just getting back into it, on the final day of a full season, yet you think he'll boss it a few games in?

Admirable optimism, let's hope it's not misplaced.

I have a mate a work who is a huddersfield fan and says this lad is not good enough for the prem.

I then asked if he's not good enough for the prem how is he good enough for a top championship side. Apparently he is a no nonsense defender who likes to hoof the ball up front. Not a ball player. Wears his heart on his sleeve tho.

Might suit Rowetts second phase style of football?

Hi, Huddersfield fan here,

In regards to the the post above (can't quote it for some reason, just logs me out)  I have to totally disagree with your town mates opinion, Hefele has shown he has ability playing out from the back, for one he wouldn't have been a starter in Wagner's system if he just lumped it, so not sure how he's come to that opinion.

He improved as the season went on and was solid in the playoff games. His weakness would be his pace and that may be exploited a lot in the prem but he deserves a shot at the prem and therefore I think he'll stay as I'm sure he loves it here & is a bit of a cult hero, proper character. 

So I do hope we do keep him as I'd be pretty gutted if he went, especially for him being perceived as a major contributor to the team spirit. I also hope we meet the valuation for Ince as I think he is quality, remember him tearing us apart in that 4-4 draw at the John Smith's a few years back. 

Good luck for the season, been unlucky for plenty of seasons just missing out via the play-offs, Rowett seems a good manager and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before you're back in PL ??

38 minutes ago, BaseballGroundRam said:

I have a mate a work who is a huddersfield fan and says this lad is not good enough for the prem.

I then asked if he's not good enough for the prem how is he good enough for a top championship side. Apparently he is a no nonsense defender who likes to hoof the ball up front. Not a ball player. Wears his heart on his sleeve tho.

Might suit Rowetts second phase style of football?

I think he was the best Huddersfield player by far in the play offs. I havn't noticed him before. So can comment on the first 46 matches in the league ?

7 hours ago, reveldevil said:

He was just getting back into it, on the final day of a full season, yet you think he'll boss it a few games in?

Admirable optimism, let's hope it's not misplaced.

Not just in the last game the last few games, hes got a long way to go but hes not been rushed this time and hes got the whole of pre season to get back up to speed. Gutted we lost hughes but we still have the best midfielder in the championship in thorne!

11 hours ago, TownFan said:

Hi, Huddersfield fan here,

In regards to the the post above (can't quote it for some reason, just logs me out)  I have to totally disagree with your town mates opinion, Hefele has shown he has ability playing out from the back, for one he wouldn't have been a starter in Wagner's system if he just lumped it, so not sure how he's come to that opinion.

He improved as the season went on and was solid in the playoff games. His weakness would be his pace and that may be exploited a lot in the prem but he deserves a shot at the prem and therefore I think he'll stay as I'm sure he loves it here & is a bit of a cult hero, proper character. 

So I do hope we do keep him as I'd be pretty gutted if he went, especially for him being perceived as a major contributor to the team spirit. I also hope we meet the valuation for Ince as I think he is quality, remember him tearing us apart in that 4-4 draw at the John Smith's a few years back. 

Good luck for the season, been unlucky for plenty of seasons just missing out via the play-offs, Rowett seems a good manager and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before you're back in PL ??

Is this what nice opposition fans are like? We don't get many of those here...

Thanks @TownFan!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived