Abdoul Camara - Contract terminated by mutual consent

Day

16 minutes ago, rynny said:

What talent has he shown here? All he has done is run to the corner, regardless of whether or not he has the ball.

Likewise what has Russell done this season apart from running into Olsson and always taking the safe option and passing backwards? Camara needs to be in a team that is set up around him. I'm not surprised we didn't see the best out of him when we tried to play him as a workaholic on the left hand side.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, sage said:

You demean yourself by saying that. He didn't have a good season but West Brom away apart, Camara has been embarrassingly bad. 

Very harsh, arguably until the end of September Camara had outperformed Ince in the early stages of the season

4 minutes ago, Rample said:

Just not worked out for him. If he'd hit the ground running he may have got a run of games and done something but infrequent appearances and injury means he's so far down the list now we should definitely move him on

A bit like Blackman

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Likewise what has Russell done this season apart from running into Olsson and always taking the safe option and passing backwards? Camara needs to be in a team that is set up around him. I'm not surprised we didn't see the best out of him when we tried to play him as a workaholic on the left hand side.

Russell has had a poor season but he did more in this match alone than Camara has in his entire time here.

The likes of Anya, Weimann, Blackman and Camara get criticised by some of the same people who who refuse to criticise Lord Johnny Russell, is it because he shows pashun and dezire(deliberately misspelt).

Everyone says Russell needs a run of games, but isn't that exactly the same for any player? I'd be interested to see whether any of the above players have started more than 3 games in a row for us.

Just now, rynny said:

Russell has had a poor season but he did more in this match alone than Camara has in his entire time here.

Nope, Preston away, West Brom away, the cameo against Leicester? 

Camara is an average player but so is Russell. Both need to go and a fresh start is needed. The only winger I'd definitely keep is Ince. 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Nope, Preston away, West Brom away, the cameo against Leicester? 

Camara is an average player but so is Russell. Both need to go and a fresh start is needed. The only winger I'd definitely keep is Ince. 

I will do back to my original question, what talent has he shown whilst he has been here. Forget Russell, I just want to know what he has shown since he has been here, other than running fast down the wing?

6 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The likes of Anya, Weimann, Blackman and Camara get criticised by some of the same people who who refuse to criticise Lord Johnny Russell, is it because he shows pashun and dezire(deliberately misspelt).

Everyone says Russell needs a run of games, but isn't that exactly the same for any player? I'd be interested to see whether any of the above players have started more than 3 games in a row for us.

Russell has time at Derby on his side. Been here longer than all of those put together.

Don't mistake me for saying I think he's better than all of these, but fans tend to stay loyal to those who've been round the longest.

See also: Craig Bryson, Richard Keogh.

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Russell has had plenty of criticism this season, deserved. He'd admit that himself.

But if you offered me Russell or Camara, both are limited in technical ability. But Russell has shown in his years here how good he can be. And you know when Russell is on a bad run you'll at least get some use out of him.

Frankly saying Camara had a better season is you talking out your backside.

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Russell has time at Derby on his side. Been here longer than all of those put together.

Don't mistake me for saying I think he's better than all of these, but fans tend to stay loyal to those who've been round the longest.

Russell is better than Anya, Weimann, Blackman and Camara - just because he had a poor season this last doesn't stop that being true. Some may think he isn't good enough for us, but for sure he's better than any of his replacements!

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Russell has had plenty of criticism this season, deserved. He'd admit that himself.

But if you offered me Russell or Camara, both are limited in technical ability. But Russell has shown in his years here how good he can be. And you know when Russell is on a bad run you'll at least get some use out of him.

Frankly saying Camara had a better season is you talking out your backside.

That's the thing, do you really get anything outta Russell when he's playing poorly because yet to be convinced? For me he's a passenger and ruins the fluidity of our attack. I used to be a fan of his when he took players on but now he just destroys any build up play by always playing it backwards which kills any momentum. The same thing happened all season long. Russell would get the ball and then played it back to Olsson, who would then stumble on the ball and took an extra touch. Olsson would then play it back to Pearce, who would then pass it to Carson who would then kick it long out of play. The whole of our left side are average and if we keep this side in our team we 100% won't be making the play offs.

Thankfully though Davies seems to be bought in to replace Pearce on the left hand side, Forsyth is back to replace Olsson and hopefully we will be buying another let winger.

And that wasn't me who said Camara had a better season, that was another user. Both are average players who I would get rid of. Genuinely believe the only reason we haven't got rid yet is because he's popular in the dressing room, which shouldn't be underestimated .

13 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Feels a little like you have a Ninos with Russell?

Anya is quick but fairly one dimensional

Weimann I like but he looks nervous/jittery a,lot of the time, like he's still playing in his first game, and sometimes he overplays the ball because of it - Always amazing how he seems to settle more after a goal and looks like a totally different player

Blackman I think needs some time - He hasn't had it for us so far and playing him as a lone striker (Smacca?) was madness

Camara - Quick and good when running with the ball, cracking cross on him - Terrible at passing, no positional awareness, doesn't track back when losing the ball, essentially leaves a gaping hole on the pitch when there - Isn't good enough to build a team around - Doesn't have the attributes to play in almost any system which isn't built entirely around him

Archived