bad booze

dog

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
11 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm right there with you on that. Horrendous stuff, same as Pernod. :unsure:

Agree, when I was in my late teens for some bizarre reason I used to drink something called red witch, cider, pernod and black.

I remember one morning having had far too many it all coming back up and it was disgusting, i have never been able to have pernod since, if i am away in greece or turkey and a ouzo or raki is dropped in front of me i feel like i could throw up instantly.

3 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Agree, when I was in my late teens for some bizarre reason I used to drink something called red witch, cider, pernod and black.

I remember one morning having had far too many it all coming back up and it was disgusting, i have never been able to have pernod since, if i am away in greece or turkey and a ouzo or raki is dropped in front of me i feel like i could throw up instantly.

Had a very similar experience in my youth and I'm the same in the sense that the smell just makes me wanna wretch. Urrrrggghhh.

Sith Happens

On the subject of bad booze, i think it all can be if you have too much.

One thing that springs to mind is when I was a young lad (foolish) a group of us where out for a mates 21st Birthday. He wasnt a big drinker, was usually the nominated driver and so on.

Anyway we went down Notts and got him properly drunk, including a top shelf pint. It was proper irresponsible.

He seemed fine(ish) then suddenly said im nipping out for fresh air, i watched him walk out then collapse in the middle of the road, we ended up having to taxi him home and dumping him on his mum who gave us what for (rightly so). (although as irresponsible as we were we actually had a discussion about putting him behind a wall and picking him up on the way back from the club)

Since that day over 20 years ago he has never touched a drop of alcohol since. I think a lot of peoples perception of bad booze is borne from bad experiences..

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Had a very similar experience in my youth and I'm the same in the sense that the smell just makes me wanna wretch. Urrrrggghhh.

Its amazing how you change as you get older, when i was younger I used to drink to get drunk, so the stronger the better, there was some god awful stuff called 20/20 i used to drink.

As ive got older a beer or whatever is more to be savoured and enjoyed, i do of course still have occasions where i get drunk but not like i used to.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Its amazing how you change as you get older, when i was younger I used to drink to get drunk, so the stronger the better, there was some god awful stuff called 20/20 i used to drink.

As ive got older a beer or whatever is more to be savoured and enjoyed, i do of course still have occasions where i get drunk but not like i used to.

I remember that 20/20 stuff. Was in strange shaped bottle if I remember rightly and there was an orange flavoured one. Wonder if you can still get it.

Sith Happens
Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

I remember that 20/20 stuff. Was in strange shaped bottle if I remember rightly and there was an orange flavoured one. Wonder if you can still get it.

I hope not, it was yeah, it looked like the sort of stuff you should be drinking out of a brown paper bag.

Walking round tonkers with one of them trying to look cool, i must have looked like a right plonker.

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I hope not, it was yeah, it looked like the sort of stuff you should be drinking out of a brown paper bag.

Walking round tonkers with one of them trying to look cool, i must have looked like a right plonker.

Just googled it and you can still get it but in 75cl bottles. I'm sure they were smaller back in the day. Either way I don't think I'll be purchasing one anytime soon. It can stay firmly on the shelf along with the Pernod.

Sith Happens

On relfection surely this has to rank amongst the worst booze available.

White_Lightning_bottle.png

Often seen being taken to a house party when the invite is bring your own booze, but more often than not the perpertator who brought it along dumps it on the table then gets stuck into the decent beers that someone else has provided.

Cider.

I only have to hold a pint or bottle and my inner peasant comes out, I feel like people want to walk past and throw me their spare change, wondering wheres my sleeping bag and dog.

Rips in your jeans and scruffy beards, for some reason it's fashionable to look homeless now, doesn't matter that it takes likes it was extracted from a rats digestive system, sometimes you have to feel uncomfortable to look cool, not me, I'm too cool to be cool. 

Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, David said:

Cider.

I only have to hold a pint or bottle and my inner peasant comes out, I feel like people want to walk past and throw me their spare change, wondering wheres my sleeping bag and dog.

Rips in your jeans and scruffy beards, for some reason it's fashionable to look homeless now, doesn't matter that it takes likes it was extracted from a rats digestive system, sometimes you have to feel uncomfortable to look cool, not me, I'm too cool to be cool. 

Comeon, surely you pulled off the ripped jeans look in your youth?

waynes-world-25th-anniversary-10-things-

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

On relfection surely this has to rank amongst the worst booze available.

White_Lightning_bottle.png

Often seen being taken to a house party when the invite is bring your own booze, but more often than not the perpertator who brought it along dumps it on the table then gets stuck into the decent beers that someone else has provided.

That's bad ****.

Only for serious street drinkers.

4 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Sherry - can't even bear the smell after a teenage dalliance.

Funny how your teens can do that.. As mentioned before mine was malt whisky. Got absolutely wasted on it, now can't touch it, smell it or bear to be with someone who is drinking it. I am sure there is a medial name for my condition (opens the door). :p

I love a really good malt whisky, but only have one or two at the end of the evening. Getting drunk on it is really painful. 

Cider is the best drunk feeling imo. Proper home pressed organic scrumpy has nothing bad in it. Sip it slowly on a sunny afternoon for the most pleasantly relaxed, trippy merriness. Even if you have too much you don't get a hangover, you're just still pissed when you wake up. 

A real no-no for me, from bad experience, is Malibu. I drank a litre bottle of it after eight pints of Ruddles County. I fell off Black Rocks at Cromford and landed on my face. That led to two days off work and a string of unconvincing lies. 

I love red wine but I've got weird taste buds.

Over the last 15 years there has been a trend in the mass market that favours high alcohol 14%+ reds from places like Australia and Chile. ( even the French and the Italians are doing it now ) From my POV They all have too much sugar to the point that it is like boozy Ribena ... not for me I'm afraid !

On a budget I would much prefer plonky vinager ....:ermm:

Another "why do they do it" is mega strength craft beers .. jeees 7% and 8% .. is that really beer or is it falling over liquid ?  

Archived