Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people need to get a grip, just because Rowett said he is not a fan of keeping possession or possession's sake doesn't mean that we are going to play hoof football. Possession stats are the most irrelevant stats in the game because it doesn't say where or how you used possession. 

I guarantee we won't be playing hoof ball like some scare mongers are suggesting. The games we beat Fulham and wolves were very exciting to watch. Rowett said he's a fan of Klopp's Dortmund team which were one of the most EXCITING teams in recent years. I repeat again, not having possession doesn't mean we are going to play boring long balls all game.

Good football is winning football. Look under the midfields of all them sides and you will see a strong element. People go on as if Will Hughes is everything. Im just pointing out he isnt. Our last 2 promotions we had Oakley and Seth...Van Der Laan and Darryl Powell. Hardly silky but got the job done. There will be life after Hughesey.

1 minute ago, DazzaRam said:

Good football is winning football. Look under the midfields of all them sides and you will see a strong element. People go on as if Will Hughes is everything. Im just pointing out he isnt. Our last 2 promotions we had Oakley and Seth...Van Der Laan and Darryl Powell. Hardly silky but got the job done. There will be life after Hughesey.

Billy Davies' side didn't produce good football. At times it was borederline horrific and it got exactly what it deserved in the Premier League.

With us selling Hughes and lining up the likes of Glenn Whealan, I can't describe just how disappointed I am.

If we're not going to win games, at least let us be entertained,

At this rate we're heading for a side of cloggers who don't win games and play rubbish percentage football to boot.

TobyWanKenobi

We really need to hit the ground running this season or Rowett and Mel will find their support waining fast IMO.

I've called him out a few times over this last season but I hope he kicks on now and fulfills his potential. I'll watch on with great interest to see how he gets on, hope he smashes it. 

The reported fee is utterly disappointing, not really sure how you can justify it. In an over-inflated market we've had our own pants down, the whole world of football can see that. 

I feel there's a completely different connection with players who are brought up through the clubs youth system, especially when they're half decent. A gutting way for it to end but there will be more to come for sure, let's hope we re-invest wisely. 

15 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Some people need to get a grip, just because Rowett said he is not a fan of keeping possession or possession's sake doesn't mean that we are going to play hoof football. Possession stats are the most irrelevant stats in the game because it doesn't say where or how you used possession. 

I guarantee we won't be playing hoof ball like some scare mongers are suggesting. The games we beat Fulham and wolves were very exciting to watch. Rowett said he's a fan of Klopp's Dortmund team which were one of the most EXCITING teams in recent years. I repeat again, not having possession doesn't mean we are going to play boring long balls all game.

Quick moving football getting the ball up the pitch faster.

This is a stunning goal with minimal possession.

Fingers crossed this is what he's looking to do.

41 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

1m for Vardy, 400,000 for mahrez.

Spurs only paid £3.5m for Dele Alli and with the very best will, Hughes isn't and won't ever be as talented.

1. From a Conference Club

2. From a French Divison Two team

3. From a League One team

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Billy Davies' side didn't produce good football. At times it was borederline horrific and it got exactly what it deserved in the Premier League.

With us selling Hughes and lining up the likes of Glenn Whealan, I can't describe just how disappointed I am.

At this rate we're heading for a side of cloggers who don't win games and play rubbish percentage football to boot.

Agree with this. I've got a season ticket for me and my 2 lads so will be there next season supporting the team but with a 150 Mile round trip will I be there on a wet Tuesday if playing functional football? I'll admit I wasn't under Pearson.

If we grind our way to promotion I'll be there next season but if it's to watch us or the opposition I'm not sure. The last Prem season still hurts. I'd rather we'd played football and died trying rather than drudgery.

My support will always be there but my money is more discerning.

2 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Exactly, I love them type of goals because it shows maximum efficiency. There have been times over the last few seasons where I, alongside others who sit around me, has been bored out of our minds due to the sideways and backward passing. I'm glad that we aren't going to play that style of football anymore. It looks great if you're Barcelona because they have the players to make it look exciting but when you're a championship team, it's frustrating to trying to see the players pass the ball sideways, which even Hughes used to do many times.

I think people are going to be in for a pleasant surprise next season in terms of how the football looks, despite having less possession.

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Really?Why do u think? Lol

in a world where ffp matters every penny counts. 

the premiership is a wash with cash, literally a wash and weve just let a very talented young, english talent go for relative peanuts thats why

no problem with him leaving but when ollie burke goes for what he did and we shell out 6m for a 30 yo johnson and 4.5m for a 29/30 anya.... well thats why im dismayed 

Your argument doesn't hold much water; just because we were daft enough to shell out inflated transfer fees for average players does not mean other clubs will. It is also very simplistic to compare the transfer of Burke to that of Hughes different clubs different scenarios different circumstances.

11 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

If that was Derby defending, everybody will be saying what terrible defending that was.

20 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

You're right that Davies' team was awful to watch but that wasn't the main reason for our lack of success in the prem. We didn't have anywhere near enough money to compete then. Whether we like Mel or not, he'd certainly back us financially if we were to get there.

Also, how do you know that potentially signing Whelan means we are going to play rubbish football? Stoke have been entertaining and more technically efficient under Mark Hughes but Whelan still remained in their team. 

Finally, how do you know that Rowett himself wants us to play boring football? Rowett said he's a massive fan of the heavy metal type of football that Klopp played at Dortmund, doesn't sound like he wants to play hoof ball to me and the games against Fulham and wolves towards the end of the season reinforce this.

Archived