Official: Will Hughes joins Watford

silhillian

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Highgate said:

Speak for yourself.

Blinkered partizan support of your club is what supporting a football team is a all about, no problem there. But blind faith in a manager stinks. Lets analyze his decisions and assess his teams performances and results and then decide whether he is good for Derby or not. Given that he has just inflicted a deep wound on the club by selling off our most talented player on the cheap he better hope the results are excellent next season.

Ive seen Will Hughes since before his debut. I still dont know his best position. Do you? Not enough goals and chances created for an advanced attacking midfielder. Not strong enough for any holding position. And if playing in a 442 he hasnt the tools do the job. Lovely on the ball...lovely on the eye...but really...what has he done? Time to move on and im 100% behind the decision to move this side and club forward as in getting out this league.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I said if we had stayed ahead of them, like we were in 13/14. Read the post. I understand they are in the Premier League, I don't think, however it'll last for much longer.

You didn't say if we stayed ahead of them at all, think you need to re-read what you put. We were also ahead of boro, hudders and brighton that season, all of which have/will enjoy prem football. Arguing over if's is ridiculous, if we'd have beaten qpr we would have gone up.

The world doesn't work on if's, we are where we are because we have not been good enough to be where watford are.

This is the straw that breaks the camels back for me. I have no faith in Rowett; I was at Brentford on Good Friday when the team he put out got outclassed by the mighty Brentford and since then I've had my reservations. This transfer confirms to me that he's just another lower league 'meat & potatoes' manager who values work rate over creativity, quality or class. Absolutely disgusted with DCFC over this.

6 minutes ago, TheRamsAreGoingUp said:

Sad to see him go now we need a decent replacement. Hopefully they get relagated and we get promote and buy him back ? ya never knows strange things happen lol 

Think the point is GR wouldn't want him back...Not a GR player.

1 minute ago, Jayram said:

This is the straw that breaks the camels back for me. I have no faith in Rowett; I was at Brentford on Good Friday when the team he put out got outclassed by the mighty Brentford and since then I've had my reservations. This transfer confirms to me that he's just another lower league 'meat & potatoes' manager who values work rate over creativity, quality or class. Absolutely disgusted with DCFC over this.

:lol::lol::lol:

5 minutes ago, DazzaRam said:

Ive seen Will Hughes since before his debut. I still dont know his best position. Do you? Not enough goals and chances created for an advanced attacking midfielder. Not strong enough for any holding position. And if playing in a 442 he hasnt the tools do the job. Lovely on the ball...lovely on the eye...but really...what has he done? Time to move on and im 100% behind the decision to move this side and club forward as in getting out this league.

I despair.

35 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Why are you dismayed it's not your money

Actually it is in part - who goes through the gates week in week out and who and who pays no matter the chairman; Longson; Maxwell, 3 Amigos or Mel?  I've deliberately not included Lionel as he was beyond reproach.

42 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Why are you dismayed it's not your money. Obviously Morris thought that the fee was an acceptable one otherwise he wouldn't still be here.

Really?Why do u think? Lol

in a world where ffp matters every penny counts. 

the premiership is a wash with cash, literally a wash and weve just let a very talented young, english talent go for relative peanuts thats why

no problem with him leaving but when ollie burke goes for what he did and we shell out 6m for a 30 yo johnson and 4.5m for a 29/30 anya.... well thats why im dismayed 

I know we wanted more for Will but it's done now.Let's move on and back Rowett's judgement on bringing new players in regardless if they are over 30. We have been missing out on promotion for the last 3 years using the same system and core players and it hasn't worked. Time for fresh ideas and players. UTR  

This is a good move for Will and doubt he would want to turn it down. Derby in turn should be commended for not standing in his way. Playing in the championship is holding him back, he will flourish at a higher level. Hope he does, deserves eternal thanks from Derby for being incredibly loyal. 

If the fee is 8m then I think it's fair for a championship player who doesn't score lots of goals and assists but has lots of ability. He has stagnated the past few seasons and let's face it last season wasn't his best. 

We need to move on now, but fans saying this sale means we are not going to play exciting attractive football and we're going to sign a load of anti-footballers similar to what Rowett had at Brum need to wind their necks in! Rowett has had success by adapting style and tactics to the resources he had at his disposal, not because he has a philosophy of hoofball! 

I'm disappointed and for saying Mr Morris has waffled on about the 'Derby way' so much and has sacked very decent managers based on the lack of 'Derby way' playing style, the fact he's overseen the departure of possibly the one player within the squad that pretty much epitomises this is a joke. ?

3 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

I know we wanted more for Will but it's done now.Let's move on and back Rowett's judgement on bringing new players in regardless if they are over 30. We have been missing out on promotion for the last 3 years using the same system and core players and it hasn't worked. Time for fresh ideas and players. UTR  

But he said he wouldn't be signing ex-Prem players over 30 didn't he?  Does he have a strategy or not? 

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Really?Why do u think????

in a world where ffp matters every penny counts. 

the premiership is a wash with cash, literally a wash and weve just let a very talented young, english talent go for relative peanuts thats why

no problem with him leaving but when ollie burke goes for what he did and we shell out 6m for a 30 yo johnson and 4.5m for a 29/30 anya.... well thats why im dismayed

Ollie Burke is a far more attacking player and they generally go for more money. Also RB Leipzig really splash the cash. 

Spot on with Johnson and Anya. Paid over the odds. Mel is now hoping Rowett will sort the mess.

7 minutes ago, Highgate said:

I despair.

Instead of saying "i despair"...how about telling us all about why Will Hughes should be here and where he should play. Dont forget to make excuses for him on why he has not delivered for Derby. Shown potential yes...but delivered no.

4 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

This is a good move for Will and doubt he would want to turn it down. Derby in turn should be commended for not standing in his way. Playing in the championship is holding him back, he will flourish at a higher level. Hope he does, deserves eternal thanks from Derby for being incredibly loyal. 

If the fee is 8m then I think it's fair for a championship player who doesn't score lots of goals and assists but has lots of ability. He has stagnated the past few seasons and let's face it last season wasn't his best. 

We need to move on now, but fans saying this sale means we are not going to play exciting attractive football and we're going to sign a load of anti-footballers similar to what Rowett had at Brum need to wind their necks in! Rowett has had success by adapting style and tactics to the resources he had at his disposal, not because he has a philosophy of hoofball! 

In interviews he has said he doesn't believe in possession based football. He'd rather just create more chances and then try and battle and win back possession if those chances don't come off.  Perfectly fine strategy. It's what Pulis and Allardyce style teams do. But it ain't pretty.

1 minute ago, DazzaRam said:

Instead of saying "i despair"...how about telling us all about why Will Hughes should be here and where he should play. Dont forget to make excuses for him on why he has not delivered for Derby. Shown potential yes...but delivered no.

In a 4-3-3 he should play in the central 3 on the left hand side. Slightly advanced of the defensive midfielder.  That's been his position for most of the last 3 years.  In that position he has delivered outstanding perfomrances for Derby, retaining possession and helping our build up play. Just because he doesn't deliver the final "assist" doesn't mean he hasn't been involved in the build-up beforehand. 

He has delivered for Derby. Our failures have not been down to him.

Archived